Ruf auto center, horrible....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 04:04 PM
SecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to behold
Ruf auto center, horrible....

RUF, I am not impressed
So I see that they have 2 sets of used 911 996 18" wheels for sale on EBAY. Of course both sets, reserve not met. I email them and we agree on a price, 1 set no tires $400.00. 1 set with used tires for $600. I call and tell them i will be there tomorrow. so i came there today around noon. " Oh both sets are sold" but I have this one set here for $850. hmm, they are the same set that you agreed to me on for 600? he goes oh no, those are sold, we sent them off to cali this morning. and the other set with no tires? ya we just sold them this morning. but I will let you have these here for $850.00" I said these are the same ones you have on ebay and the ones you agreed to, I have it right here on my IPHONE, he still persisted that those were 17's on ebay and they are sold, ya really?

WTF kind of business is that? just because I am not there to spend 10's of thousands of dollars, you change prices on me? and lie over and over?

No thanks I will take my hard earned money somewhere else, even if its just a few hundred dollars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

Dear dynamicautoworkz,

Eric,
We are looking at getting $400 for this wheel set. This would be good for us so that we do not have to ship them. This is a bit below our reserve just to help move the wheels. Thanks!

- rufautocentre

Old 12-22-2008, 01:34 PM
waijai is infamous around these parts
Damn that sucks...did you get the name of the person you spoke to before you went down there?

Old 12-22-2008, 03:34 PM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
do you mean this dealer :

http://www.rufautocentre.com/parts/index.asp

if so,they should be really careful with their fraud business!

just read the following:

"Due to the extreme fluctuation in the Euro/Dollar exchange rate,

please call for current pricing on all parts and conversions."

yeah right..

Old 12-22-2008, 08:12 PM
kc911 is infamous around these parts
I'm suprised, I've heard only good things about Ruf up until this. The are very expensive but have high quality products. I hope they aren't going down the road of sleazy tactics.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Banned
Lounge Lizard is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
do you mean this dealer :

http://www.rufautocentre.com/parts/index.asp

if so,they should be really careful with their fraud business!

just read the following:

"Due to the extreme fluctuation in the Euro/Dollar exchange rate,

please call for current pricing on all parts and conversions."

yeah right..
I have nothing but good dealings with RUF in Dallas so am very surprised to read this, but why wouldn't this be true, all RUF parts and cars are manufactured in Germany and exported duh!

Old 12-23-2008, 09:09 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Lounge Lizard
I have nothing but good dealings with RUF in Dallas so am very surprised to read this, but why wouldn't this be true, all RUF parts and cars are manufactured in Germany and exported duh!
yes,that would be true if they requested it at the moment you place your order.
But it`s more likely that they have a certain amount of parts on stock.The parts where bought from RUF in germany at a certain point of time(and exchange rate) and sent to the US.It`s just wrong to say that the parts are more expensive by now,because the dollar got weaker and so the parts have to be more expensive or are more worth..
I doubt that every single customer would have to wait weeks for the parts.
If so,the customers could as well buy their stuff from RUF Germany and get it shipped right to their doorstep in the US

I dont`t want to hate or anything...I myself was fooled by some companies in a similar way,so I just can`t stand things like that.

Last edited by youngbimmer; 12-23-2008 at 09:16 AM.