SB561 Repeal of front license plate law in Texas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Stratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to behold
SB561 Repeal of front license plate law in Texas

Here we go again. SB 561 has just been filed for the Texas Legislative Session 81 to repeal the requirement for a front license plate in the state of Texas.

The bill is being sponsored by Mike Jackson, R-Pasadena. Let's see it this one does not get attached to some other dog of a bill and get dropped like the last two times. Email your state rep and show your support.
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Home.aspx

Old 02-02-2009, 07:44 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I sent my email. Who is next?

Old 02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Me, Lets lobby for this!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:29 PM
redwarrior is infamous around these parts
Sent, thanks for the info.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:05 PM
BlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura about
Done - I sent one to my senate rep and another to my house rep.

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:49 PM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
Email sent, thanks for the info.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Stratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to behold
Looks like the bill is in committee.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLoo...81R&Bill=SB561

I just sent an email to Joe Pickett the Transportation committee chairman with the link to the the petition http://www.petitiononline.com/txplate/petition.html
requesting his support on the bill.

Last edited by Stratocaster; 02-25-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Stratocaster...is this Jeff?

Edwin

Old 03-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Nope

Old 03-23-2009, 10:11 AM
I am following this bill closely and when it is scheduled for public forum I will try to speak for it on the floor.
I am located in Austin.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:14 AM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Anyone heard about license plates going to 7 letters? I saw some talk about it on some other forums but nothing conclusive.

Will make for some great new vanity plate opportunities..

Old 03-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stratocaster
I am following this bill closely and when it is scheduled for public forum I will try to speak for it on the floor.
I am located in Austin.
Thanks for the update... please let us know what happens

Originally Posted by boss351
Anyone heard about license plates going to 7 letters? I saw some talk about it on some other forums but nothing conclusive.

Will make for some great new vanity plate opportunities..
Adam... I heard the same thing on www.houston-imports.com but am not sure if it holds much credibility.

Let me guess... "BOSS351" will be one of the first to be taken?

Edwin

Old 03-23-2009, 03:24 PM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Thanks for the update... please let us know what happens

Adam... I heard the same thing on www.houston-imports.com but am not sure if it holds much credibility.

Let me guess... "BOSS351" will be one of the first to be taken?

Edwin
Actually no, though it would be a good one.. I want "PORRETA", which is a slang way of saying something is f'ing good in Brazil. (My extended family is Brazilian).. It would go down well there. My old Mustang (ther Boss 351) had a vanity plate, "OI GATA", how you would say "Hello Baby" in Brazil.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:58 PM
TUNER350 is infamous around these parts
any updates?

Old 03-26-2009, 02:12 PM
[quote=PrecisionPorsch;2314007]Thanks for the update... please let us know what happens

Will do. The bill is still in committee. Despite the HUGE savings the state would see, looks like agencies like the DPS are opposed to it and the bill could not make it out of committee and would fail to pass.....We'll see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SB561 Repeal of front license plate law in Texas