[Houston] My Sister Was Robbed This Morning @ HEB Gas Station at Barker Cypress x 290

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
BlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura about
[Houston] My Sister Was Robbed This Morning @ HEB Gas Station at Barker Cypress x 290

She is okay. Super upset, but not hurt. They got everything in her purse except the credit card she had in her hand that she was using to pay for gas.

I have seen this type of robbery on the news before. She was pumping gas and another car pulled on the passenger's side of her SUV. Since she was near the rear of the SUV she could not really see the front passenger's door. The POS thief who pulled up in the car got out and opened her passenger's front door and stole her purse off of the seat. She felt the car shake when the thief closed the door and initially thought the car had been hit. She walked around to the other side to see the POS thief leaving in his car. She didn't see any damage, but noticed the door was ajar. That's when she realized he had opened the door and stolen her purse. She only had about $60 in her wallet, but several credit cards, her DL, military ID, cell phone, and other misc. stuff. Luckily he did not get her keys. We got all of the cards and cell service cancelled within the first 45 minutes after is happened and there was no activity reported on any of the cards when she called to cancel them. The police came and gave her a case number, but of course there is likely nothing they can do about it. I'm not sure if there is any surveillance camera footage from the gas station. The thief's vehicle is a silver / grey Nissan SUV (I think a Pathfinder).

Anyway, be alert and tell your friends and family to guard against this type of crime. I'm sure this kind of stuff is only going to get worse with the economy.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about that. The good thing she is OK.
Thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about that...but I agree the good thing is she is OK.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Definitely good that she wasn't' physically hurt. Gas stations + houston has not been a good combo lately. I remember not too long ago (3 months?) a lady was shot in the head at a chevron on Westheimer and Hayes at 9pm. Be safe everyone

Edwin

Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Banned
jbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant future
atleast she was not hurt physically...sad world soemtimes

Old 03-05-2009, 04:48 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Thanks,Obama

Old 03-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about that. Glad she is ok. Sometimes I feel Houston is more like a war zone and the good people are the ones living in fear. Becareful out there and cognizant of your surroundings. Being vigilant and not letting your guard down is an extra step in precaution that we all need to do.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I will remind you that, as of last year, it is legal to carry in your glove compartment in Texas.

I don't advocate vigilantyism, and I do advocate proper training, safety, and common sense, but when I am going somewhere that may be unsafe (which I generally avoid) and especially if I am in the gt2 (which draws attention) I often take advantage of the above law.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
Never a bad idea to carry. Getting a concealed license is also an option. Still a lot of bad elements roaming Houston. Better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:09 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Thanks,Obama
Don't forget Katrina and all her "victims" she brought to our fair city.

CHL is a good option but be prepared to wait 3-4 months right now.
If you do carry in your car just make sure it is out of sight and the law will be on your side.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:40 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Thanks,Obama
you know Obama is all about sharing the wealth. take from the rich to give to the poor.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
I am sorry to hear that. it is not the first time I have heard that type of story. It is a good reminder.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Guys,

The Legislature passed a law 1.5 years ago: It is 100% legal to carry in your glove compartment in Texas, you no longer have to be going to or from the range.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Guys,

The Legislature passed a law 1.5 years ago: It is 100% legal to carry in your glove compartment in Texas, you no longer have to be going to or from the range.
Very true... and the thing is... if you're not doing it, the next person prob is. I suggest everyone get a CHL... that way you are allowed to carry concealed as well as educate yourself on the do's and don'ts as well as how to evaluate certain situations

Edwin

Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Does not have to be in your glove box. It can be on the front seat and covered with a towel. It just can't be visable.
I agree with the CHL route too. Just be prepared for the wait.
http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum/index.php
http://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/N...=60&UserType=1

Last edited by function12; 03-06-2009 at 07:19 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: [Houston] My Sister Was Robbed This Morning @ HEB Gas Station at Barker Cypress x 290