DFW to Possum Kingdom Lake cruise (May 31st)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 96BeaSSt
Sorry, won't be able to make this one, apparently I am getting married the day before... Organize a run for Sunday, June 7 as well, and have it end at my show in Addison, details in my signature.
congrats on getting married! doing a pk run and a meet afterwards would be difficult indeed. remember last year's late afternoon naps? lol

Last edited by Bara; 05-19-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:04 PM
SAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura about
Red face

I may be out, the Rs6 was rear ended in traffic yesterday by a car load of teenagers who didn't realize traffic stopped.

Car is headed to Detail's Ltd, but I can only imagine it will take much more than an week to correct.

I am already looking for a replacement.

The balance of my list of cars / ppl will still be in attendance!

more to follow

Steve

Old 05-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Ouch! sorry to hear that. hope you're OK, the car can be replaced.

let us know how it turns out.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:23 AM
SAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura about
Back in, just driving the Lotus instead,

See everyone there!

Steve

Old 05-22-2009, 11:16 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
I'm gonna try to go ... Anyone departing Plano and want to meet up??

Dario

Old 05-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by DarioTexas

Dario
We're leaving from Frisco / The Colony , meeting off 121 / Main Street

details forthcoming

S

Old 05-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Imaj is infamous around these parts
Nice!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:48 AM
DevJ is infamous around these parts

Dario
Yeah probably PM Me! I'm coming about an hour away from Frisco..

E92 M3

Old 05-24-2009, 08:41 PM
update:

Bring your 2-way radios. they have proved themselves useful in past runs. kind of entertaining to listen to the chatter as well. Im ditching my $10 pair and getting a better set for this run. my old set has a 2 mile range and the new set will have 50! mile range so hopefully goodbye to poor performance, especially around those big hills near PK. if you think you are going to be doing these fun-runs regularly, invest in a good set.

A few 'early-risers' plan to come to the meet point a bit earlier (9:45ish) for a mini cars/coffee before the run. if you dont have anything to do and/or are too excited to stay home come on down.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:25 PM
trentor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bara
update:

Bring your 2-way radios. they have proved themselves useful in past runs. kind of entertaining to listen to the chatter as well. Im ditching my $10 pair and getting a better set for this run. my old set has a 2 mile range and the new set will have 50! mile range so hopefully goodbye to poor performance, especially around those big hills near PK. if you think you are going to be doing these fun-runs regularly, invest in a good set.

A few 'early-risers' plan to come to the meet point a bit earlier (9:45ish) for a mini cars/coffee before the run. if you dont have anything to do and/or are too excited to stay home come on down.
I highly recommend buying Midland radios.
http://www.amazon.com/MIDLAND-GXT900...3225170&sr=8-1

I've tried about 5 different sets of FRS radios and these work better than about anything outside of a pre-FCC banned radio with an external antenna. Keep in mind, nothing sold today will broadcast the number of miles they advertise. You'll be lucky to get 5 miles on completely open, flat ground with the best FRS radio.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:59 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
OK ... I'm trying to decide whether to bring the wife or a friend ... If I bring the wife she'll be screaming at me anytime I go past 100 ... With a friend there's no limit ... What do these runs usually consist of? Staying in formatin at speed limit, spirited drive + - 100, or all out stupidity?

Dario

Old 05-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Thumbs up Frisco / Plano pre-meet

For those that want to, I have a group that is meeting in the Wal Mart parking lot off 121 and Main Street in The Colony between 9-9:30, leaving by 9:30a.

This is an informal meeting point. There is no need to post here, you may PM me if you know you are going to make it though.

I would assume BARA will post the pace here after reading the above post, though I will offer to lead a second group if there are two different pace's "requested"..... IF thats ok with the OP.

Looking forward to this drive!

Steve

Old 05-25-2009, 08:50 AM
recounted this morning - I have 18 cars signed up - will we have room at the cafe?

Steve

Old 05-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Talking

OK ... I'm trying to decide whether to bring the wife or a friend ... If I bring the wife she'll be screaming at me anytime I go past 100 ... With a friend there's no limit ... What do these runs usually consist of? Staying in formatin at speed limit, spirited drive + - 100, or all out stupidity?

Dario
Bring the wife, she will keep you in check....

Steve

Old 05-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Does anyone have a seat for me?

I'm not worthley.... I'm not worthley....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DFW to Possum Kingdom Lake cruise (May 31st)