DFW to Possum Kingdom Lake cruise (May 31st)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 96BeaSSt
Wish I could make it...
you're getting married on Saturday. honeymoon with us on sunday

Originally Posted by BlakeR
Looks fun, I might have to join!
c'mon down

Old 05-29-2009, 03:33 PM
BlakeR is infamous around these parts
Adam from Autoscope is going to ride with me, I'm even going to let him drive for a little bit. Wish me luck

Old 05-30-2009, 09:39 AM
SAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BlakeR
Adam from Autoscope is going to ride with me, I'm even going to let him drive for a little bit. Wish me luck
Make sure he signs the waiver! LOL

Steve

Old 05-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW
Make sure he signs the waiver! LOL

Steve
I might have to have him take out a special insurance policy.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
i may or may not get to post again to this thread before the cruise so would like to give a brief update.

early folks will be at Rosas before 10am. if you are not part of the pre-meet group meeting with Steve from the Plano area and want to head out early, join us for a mini cars/coffee at Rosas from 9:45am on.

we have a pro photographer that will be joining us for this cruise. though we dont have anything formal planned with him for this run, he is coming along to get a feel for the event so that we can do a cruise later this summer that will include a DVD production of the cruise.

this is not meant as a money making deal and no DVD's will be sold to the public. rather, just to have an hour long pro quality DVD of the drive for the private use of the participants to watch and enjoy with their family and friends. have not decided if that is going to be a public or invite only drive as of yet.

drive route is printed up and you will each recieve a copy. also included in that is an e-mail address for you to let us know if you want to be notified of future drives. Fc decals are ready as well.

Chris the photog plans to get a shot of every car in motion during the drive. if you want a copy of that, send an e-mail to address in the driving directions to get it. any pics i post in public will have your tags blurred so no privacy worries.

i have someone coming today to get the car detailed and everything else is a go.

you guys are in for a great time! see you all tomorrow

Last edited by Bara; 05-30-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:22 PM
trentor is infamous around these parts
Bara, I guess you may not get this before tomorrow, but I got your PM. Apparently I can't send PM's until I have 15 posts, but it's been taken care of. Good call.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:36 PM
goofygrin is infamous around these parts
It looks like I'm out After todays bit of fun my kitchen pass got revoked for tomorrow. Ya'll have a fun, save time!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:05 PM
S8owned is infamous around these parts
Just for a little added help, does anyone know of a gas station in the Plano, Colony area that has 100 octane?

Old 05-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by S8owned
Just for a little added help, does anyone know of a gas station in the Plano, Colony area that has 100 octane?
IMO, you will not receive much benefit from spending upwards of $7 a gallon for road driving, let alone track driving in a car that's not tuned for higher octane race fuel. Save your money and top off with 93. But it's your money and the closest place I can think of would be Eagle's Canyon. I heard that Classic BMW had a drum of 100 octane once upon a time, but this was months ago, nor will you be able to get it now or tomorrow.

Last edited by BlakeR; 05-30-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:15 PM
trentor is infamous around these parts
The gas station next to MSR has it too, but obviously that and Eagle's Canyon are a bit out of the way for tomorrow morning. The only other place I know of is in Van Alstyne, about 15mi north of McKinney. It's the gas station on the east side of 75 at the Stevens St. exit. I think there's only one or two pumps of the 10 or so which have it. (I haven't verified they still have it in a year or so though)

Old 05-30-2009, 08:17 PM
SAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura about
Wink

I have 5gal of 105oxy if you want it in the garage.. since the RS6 is in the shop for the next month or more, I won't need it.

But like stated above, unless you have the software for it, you don't need it... you will be fine with what you have to work with ( 93 ) on the drive...IMO

S

Old 05-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by trentor
Bara, I guess you may not get this before tomorrow, but I got your PM. Apparently I can't send PM's until I have 15 posts, but it's been taken care of. Good call.
thanks trentor

Originally Posted by goofygrin
It looks like I'm out After todays bit of fun my kitchen pass got revoked for tomorrow. Ya'll have a fun, save time!
next time

how much octane booster does it take to make 93 into 100?

Old 05-30-2009, 08:29 PM
talked to rosas today. they will open their doors an hour early for us so bathrooms and drinks are available

Old 05-30-2009, 08:45 PM
S8owned is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW
I have 5gal of 105oxy if you want it in the garage.. since the RS6 is in the shop for the next month or more, I won't need it.

But like stated above, unless you have the software for it, you don't need it... you will be fine with what you have to work with ( 93 ) on the drive...IMO

S
I have still been having issues with cutting out and have noticed some knocking and since I already use 93 I wanted to see if a higher octane might eliminate these issues

Last edited by S8owned; 05-30-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Bara
talked to rosas today. they will open their doors an hour early for us so bathrooms and drinks are available
Excellent, I hope they have some good coffee.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DFW to Possum Kingdom Lake cruise (May 31st)