DFW to Possum Kingdom Lake cruise (May 31st)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
DFW to Possum Kingdom Lake cruise (May 31st)

If you have never been to PK lake, you're missing out on some of the best sports car roads Texas has to offer. I have organized a few of these runs and they have all been a blast. This is my first time organizing one for 6speeders and hope you guys can make it.

Bring your favorite car and a tank full of gas and get ready for an awesome run through hills, valleys, and finally, beautiful PK lake, where we will have lunch on the lake at Rockin' S Bar and Grill .

Time/date: We will meet at Rosas Cafe in Hurst on Sunday May 31st, at around 10:30am and depart at 11. Rosa's is located at 2200 Precent Line Rd, Hurst Texas, 76054. Lunch will be about 1pm on the lake and should be getting back around 3pm.

Meet point Map: http://www.yelp.com/map/rosas-cafe-hurst

Route Map: i will provide everyone a printed route guide in case anyone loses his/her way.

Lunch: We will have lunch at the Rockin' S Bar and Grill overlooking PK Lake. here is a link to the menu:

http://www.pkhideaway.com/Rockin%20S...ill%20Menu.htm

From the meet point, the route is about 110 miles and about 90 miles coming back. Post here or pm if you would like to attend as larger numbers will require reservation at the Rockin S.

Thanks and see you guys there!

Last edited by Bara; 05-13-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
SAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Sounds like a blast! I would love to go ( and could bring a group ) but Sundays are the only driving day I have this month.

Please post up or e-mail me when you do this again!

Steve

safe4nowATaolDOTcome

Old 05-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW
Sounds like a blast! I would love to go ( and could bring a group ) but Sundays are the only driving day I have this month.

Please post up or e-mail me when you do this again!

Steve

safe4nowATaolDOTcome
sunday is not out of the question if you have enough guys that are interested in coming on that day.

a little clip from the last run, this is on the way there on 820

[IMG]http:/i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/jacksboro/th_100_8919.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Bara; 05-13-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:17 AM
SAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bara
sunday is not out of the question if you have enough guys that are interested in coming on that day.

i started a list in the OP and hope to add more names as we get closer to the 30th

a little clip from the last run, this is on the way there on 820

[IMG]http:/i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/jacksboro/th_100_8919.jpg[/IMG]

LMK what you consider enough guys. I have 5 confirmed for Sunday ( since last night )

I do alot of drives myself and while I like to limit the group size to 10-12 , what is your goal for cars?

If you would like to discuss, PM me your contact info.

Steve

Old 05-12-2009, 02:37 PM
goofygrin is infamous around these parts
I can likely round up a couple Evos for either day if ya'll were interested in having us.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:28 PM
.... ok I am up to 14 on Sunday.....Looks like I am leading a group to PK if you aren't.... LOL...

Steve

Old 05-12-2009, 05:40 PM
.... ok I am up to 14 on Sunday.....Looks like I am leading a group to PK if you aren't.... LOL...

Steve
ok, im game. SUNDAY IT IS!!! more details coming tonight

Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by goofygrin
I can likely round up a couple Evos for either day if ya'll were interested in having us.
you and your friends are welcome to come.
LMK what you consider enough guys. I have 5 confirmed for Sunday ( since last night )

I do alot of drives myself and while I like to limit the group size to 10-12 , what is your goal for cars?

If you would like to discuss, PM me your contact info.

Steve
Steve,

i sent you a pm. the first run we did, 36 cars signed up and 25 showed up. we did invite only for the next few runs and got smaller groups of under 15.

please post regarding this where ever you feel like.

i personally enjoy both types of runs. for this run, the more cars, the better. Andy is working on a list as well and we may not get to list all the names but we do have commitments from folks who want to come.

we will have seating and parking reserved for us at the resturant(Rockin S).

Rosa's will also have their doors open for us at the meet point for restrooms and drinks. no food however and we would not have the time for that anyways.

any questions, shoot.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 PM
goofygrin is infamous around these parts
I've posted on the Evo board.

I for sure will be there in my Evo X.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by goofygrin
I've posted on the Evo board.

I for sure will be there in my Evo X.
good deal, i will start making calls this weekend to see who else wants in. this is over 2 weeks away but im already getting excited.

Last edited by Bara; 05-18-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: too much info!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Imaj is infamous around these parts
Myself and a one other would like to play with y'all. Sounds like fun!

Old 05-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Imaj
Myself and a one other would like to play with y'all. Sounds like fun!
very good, see you there. whatcha bringing?

i called rockin s to reserve for the 31st. i wanted to have at least 10 confirmed cars before i called in the reservation. they have roped off the lot for us in previous runs and i didnt want them to go through too much trouble if we were only going to be a few cars. as it stands, if everyone shows up that says they are coming, we should have 30 cars.

ofcourse, about 20% are usually a no show if previous runs are any indication.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Imaj is infamous around these parts
We each have modified Solstice GXP's Bara. Thank you sir!

Old 05-18-2009, 04:40 PM
sent out a few last e-mails this weekend. looking forward to a good turn out. post up if you'd like to come.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:43 AM
96BeaSSt is infamous around these parts
Sorry, won't be able to make this one, apparently I am getting married the day before... Organize a run for Sunday, June 7 as well, and have it end at my show in Addison, details in my signature.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DFW to Possum Kingdom Lake cruise (May 31st)