Super Kart Challenge opportunity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:16 PM
MJDRIVE is infamous around these parts
Super Kart Challenge opportunity

Hey Guys

It was BlakeR who sent me down the windy path towards 6speedonline and swore up and down that you will do backflips over what I am about to put on the table. Naturally, in a very cool way, but still, backflips.

I am a racing driver who was born and raised in Dallas. I started kart racing when I was a kid and while I have since moved 'up' and have gotten to drive/race some incredible machinery I still have a major passion for the pure form of motorsport where I got my start and specifically shifter kart racing.

I would like to invite one of you out to the track for a totally free day and to carry the banner for 6speedonline. Of course you are welcome to enter as many drivers as you want, but I am only going to throw down for one and I want to make sure its the best driver!

I know who Blake is going to recommend (himself), but I wanted to give everyone else a chance to pick out the top driver among yourselves. Obviously shifter kart experience would be ideal, but road racing/tracking, or motorcycle driving would be good skill set for your hired gun.

Is a week enough time to sort out the top driver amongst you to be the first one to carry the banner? I will be here in the mean time, but lets set a date to pick a pilot by Monday 3 August and throw their lucky selves in the drivers seat.

Cheers

Michael

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-28-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: edit
Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 AM
goofygrin is infamous around these parts
I have track time, but no W2W and no shifter car. All in a heavy AWD car. But if noone else steps up, I'm prepared to crack a couple ribs

Old 07-30-2009, 08:57 AM
AlbinoSnail is infamous around these parts
interesting..... where at?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 AM
MCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to behold
In. I have a Lemons car and just got laid off yesterday and a wedding in September so really what do I have to live for?

Old 07-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Michael...

I haven't recieved my Shifter kart yet but I would love to chase you...Or maybe you will be chasing me???

All I know is that its a 2001 125cc....And it's fast! The previous owner used to race for Ferrari...

When I get it, we will play!

-Adam

Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Alexcwt is infamous around these parts
been aching to buy one myself. Where will it be at?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:02 AM
gtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MCM97
In. I have a Lemons car and just got laid off yesterday and a wedding in September so really what do I have to live for?
Now that is funny.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Silentrun is infamous around these parts
Sounds like a blast...

Old 07-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Super Kart Challenge

The track we will be running at is at North Texas Kartway it is a half mile, nine turn, purpose built karting circuit. It is located just north of Denton off i-35.

Adam - Sounds great! Let me know when you head out there and we can meet up!!

Steve - You will fit in a kart at 6' 4". You are definitely on the tall side but we can cook up some sort of explination that your extra heigth provides superior weight transfer/handling/grip in the corners. However we might need you to hunch down a bit on the straights to improve the aerodynamic position!!

Old 07-31-2009, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MJDRIVE
The track we will be running at is at North Texas Kartway it is a half mile, nine turn, purpose built karting circuit. It is located just north of Denton off i-35.

Adam - Sounds great! Let me know when you head out there and we can meet up!!

Steve - You will fit in a kart at 6' 4". You are definitely on the tall side but we can cook up some sort of explination that your extra heigth provides superior weight transfer/handling/grip in the corners. However we might need you to hunch down a bit on the straights to improve the aerodynamic position!!
Very cool! I plan to use my kart as a training tool....

I can't wait...

BTW, my future Kart was tuned for the Denton track. EXCITING!

Old 08-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Just a couple of onboard laps with one of the team drivers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw_YCAuJiLk

Last edited by MJDRIVE; 08-02-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MJDRIVE
Just a couple of onboard laps with one of the team drivers ....
That looks fantastic! I've done a good bit of karting but never in a shifter.

After watching that, I had to wonder, how much does a kidney cost?

Old 08-03-2009, 10:34 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by goofygrin
I have track time, but no W2W and no shifter car. All in a heavy AWD car. But if noone else steps up, I'm prepared to crack a couple ribs
The cracked ribs is not fun, but in this case might be worth it. Doubt my bailing wired spine and fractured rib could keep up.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:04 PM
It appears there has been no grassroots democratic process on who is going to carry the flag for 6speedonline, although we have had a few people step forward.

I thought about deciding on merit of funniest post who should get the drive, but there were a few gems and I couldn't pick one. Would one of the following people put up a post and take the trophy

Goofygrin
MCM979
Silentrun
DFW911T

Cheers!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Silentrun is infamous around these parts
No one is stepping up?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Super Kart Challenge opportunity