Porsche Owners heading out to Cars/Coffee this Saturday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 07:36 PM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
Porsche Owners heading out to Cars/Coffee this Saturday

Calling out the Porsche owners headed out to Cars and Coffee meet in Plano this coming Saturday. Wanting to set up a meet spot close to CC to meet beforehand so we can roll into the meet as a group. Most Ferrari and Lambo owners usually set up together but P cars scattered. How bout it guys any interest in this please post up. I know weather won't be as good as can get but lets see if we can pull this off?? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:58 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there but won't have time for a meet-up before hand, plus I'm on the other side of the metroplex from you guys anyway. Last month I was surprised at how few Porsches were there - I guess the day after Xmas in the snow didn't help.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:21 AM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb Thanks man its cool anyways

Originally Posted by leftlane
I'll be there but won't have time for a meet-up before hand, plus I'm on the other side of the metroplex from you guys anyway. Last month I was surprised at how few Porsches were there - I guess the day after Xmas in the snow didn't help.
Yeah they're mostly scattered like lost sheep! Baaah. Heard from another member a big group of atleast 15 Pcars coming in from the Austin area as well for this. A pre-show organization would be nice but not necessary.
Don't forget your Panchos and long johns seems like it's going to be a cold one.

carlos

Old 01-26-2010, 09:45 AM
bbs993tt is infamous around these parts
There may be a group heading over from Ruf. I haven't gone in a couple of months but last time I went, there were about 8 or so cars that left from there.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Michael-Dallas is infamous around these parts
I've been sleeping in during the weekends ever since Modern Warfare 2 came out.

I'll try and make an extra effort to make it this Sat though...

///Michael

Old 01-26-2010, 05:01 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbs993tt
There may be a group heading over from Ruf. I haven't gone in a couple of months but last time I went, there were about 8 or so cars that left from there.

What time does the crew leave from RUF?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:06 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley
Calling out the Porsche owners headed out to Cars and Coffee meet in Plano this coming Saturday. Wanting to set up a meet spot close to CC to meet beforehand so we can roll into the meet as a group. Most Ferrari and Lambo owners usually set up together but P cars scattered. How bout it guys any interest in this please post up. I know weather won't be as good as can get but lets see if we can pull this off?? Thanks in advance.

I'm in depending on time. I was going early due to later committments.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
Wow! this thing is bigger than I thought with people coming from so far away to attend.

What time of the morning are we talking about here? I have a 16 year old nephew that may be coming along and I don't want to have to carry him to the car in the morning.

Where would some of the possible pre-meet sites be?

Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 AM
bbs993tt is infamous around these parts
Eric Maas (owner of BMW store) has posted here http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271630 asking if C&C should be postponed due to weather. You might toss in your $0.02 over there.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:37 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Eric Maas (owner of BMW store) has posted here http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271630 asking if C&C should be postponed due to weather. You might toss in your $0.02 over there.
Agree. I ain't coming with a weather mess.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Michael-Dallas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BartN (TX)
Wow! this thing is bigger than I thought with people coming from so far away to attend.

What time of the morning are we talking about here? I have a 16 year old nephew that may be coming along and I don't want to have to carry him to the car in the morning.

Where would some of the possible pre-meet sites be?
Hey Bart, I think I've met you before. Do you know George and Carlo?

///Michael

Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 PM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Michael-Dallas
Hey Bart, I think I've met you before. Do you know George and Carlo?

///Michael
yes, I've known them for years in fact was talking to carlo yesterday.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey Bart -

I think it gets started fairly early. If the weather is good it fills up pretty well by 8:00-8:30. I went around 9:00 right after Xmas and it was still filling up. I left around 10:30 or so - it was frickin' cold, just like it'll be this week. There were some great cars there, even with the sand on the roads. If it doesn't get cancelled I plan on going.

Any other parts from your car you want to sell? I saw the brake pads - what else ya got?

Todd

Old 01-27-2010, 08:55 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
I will be there as long as there is no rain. The shops of Legacy may be a great place to meet. There is a Cafe right across from Sambuca 360 and the theater. We could do a breakfast or get coffee while waiting on everyone to show up...

Old 01-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Lightbulb Shops at Legacy?

Originally Posted by caltex
I will be there as long as there is no rain. The shops of Legacy may be a great place to meet. There is a Cafe right across from Sambuca 360 and the theater. We could do a breakfast or get coffee while waiting on everyone to show up...
This would be at Legacy and DNT correct? Was going to suggest meeting at Costco which is a few exits south of CC meet but since it's going to be cold and there's coffee at the location you suggested well more appropriate I think? As for what the other member posted about Maas asking for input let's keep an eye on that site as well. No need to wake up early and freeze our butts off only to get to Classic BMW and find no one else there. FYI was told the Porsches from Austin are 912s. Too many variables in this one so let's see how this plays out. To the weatherman out there how bout some cooperation?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Owners heading out to Cars/Coffee this Saturday