Relaxed Pace, Possum Kingdom Lake Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:44 PM
dangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to behold
Smile Relaxed Pace, Possum Kingdom Lake Drive

Trip is not 100% definite. See posts #15 and #16.

Start: DFW, exact location point will be announced shortly
Where To: Possum Kingdom Lake
When: May 1st
Pace: Relaxed

I've been wanting to do a slower paced Possum Kingdom Lake drive (something I can take the lady on). I'll be honest here, if you're looking for a super fast cruise, this won't be your thing. There will be some twisties that you can have some fun in, but overall it'll be a top-down relaxed pace. We'll head out in the morning, hopefully get there around lunchtime (where we'll eat) and should be back in Fort Worth around 3-4pm.

I'll post up the initial meeting point and time within the next week. It'll be somewhere in between Fort Worth and Dallas to accommodate people from both sides of the fence (I want to check out a couple spots to make sure their driveways are safe for lowered cars).

I'd like to limit it to 15-20 cars max so we don't have too huge of a group. I'll have print-outs of the route for everyone at the meeting point. If you have 2-way radios, those would be very helpful.

Anyway, let me know if you're in.

Roy

Last edited by dangerz; 04-20-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:10 AM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
I'd be in except I work Sundays. Good luck, stay safe and have fun oh and dont forget to take pics!

Old 04-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley
I'd be in except I work Sundays. Good luck, stay safe and have fun oh and dont forget to take pics!
saturday works better for me too

Old 04-12-2010, 11:11 AM
dangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Bara
saturday works better for me too
Cars and Coffee on that Saturday.. if you guys don't care about skipping that, I'll move it.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dangerz
Cars and Coffee on that Saturday.. if you guys don't care about skipping that, I'll move it.
not going to cc anymore. saw all the cars now its boring

Old 04-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Ok.. well I'll change the date to Saturday, May 1st. I updated the first post to reflect that.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:36 PM
sounds good

Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm trying to get a set of Corbeau A4s.. hopefully I can get them in before this drive. Track day on the 9th too. Going to be a busy couple of weekends.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:24 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
I'm definitely interested - just need to make sure kiddos don't have rescheduled games that would interfere.....

Old 04-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !
I might be interested, i do not get to drive my 944 as much this might be good for it

Old 04-17-2010, 03:50 AM
tranman329 is infamous around these parts
i'm interested, keep me posted!

Old 04-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by tranman329
i'm interested, keep me posted!
me too

Old 04-20-2010, 06:51 AM
tx08sti is infamous around these parts
I'll be out of town that weekend. Be safe and enjoy the cruise to PK.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb.

Last edited by dangerz; 04-20-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Hey guys I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to reschedule. There are a whole bunch of events on that same day and now my girl might have to go into work (teacher, Saturday school) that day, so I dont want to plan this out and have to back out at the last minute.

I'll definitely host a chill ride there one of these days.. just not going to work out on that weekend.

Again, I apologize.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Relaxed Pace, Possum Kingdom Lake Drive