What happened to Boardwalk Porsche's Service???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 07:46 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Glad to get you 2 together. Works best that way.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:05 PM
LowStro9 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by caltex
I understand your frustrations however I don't think the guys up there are sitting back laughing about how difficult things are for their customers... As most of us have experienced with the changes around the world it is difficult to provide everything at the level they used to be at. I have never been to a dealership that was perfect 100% of the time. Even Lexus has made some mistakes and had some challenges to work through and they have some of the highest service levels out there. I would imagine that they genuinely thought your car would get out when promised however sometimes there are other factors that slow down the process. Just like when someone breaks down on the road all the sudden a 5 min ride home becomes an hour parking lot on the toll way.

Dealers are typically more expensive then private shops and there are benefits either way with both...

Please understand that I am in no way trying to downplay the frustrating experience you have had. Would it be cool if they had a massive fleet of P cars just waiting in a line for us all the time?? Hell yes however at the sametime it is cool that they at least provide some type of solution with the rental car alternative when they exhaust the available Porsche loaners which in itself is difficult because they have to rely on the rental company being attentive and could easily be the weak link in the chain...

Just trying to keep it positive! I hope that things work out better for you in the future…

I have not been on the boards in month's so please do not flame me for chiming on on service, the current economics and the changing levels of service, but i have to kindly disagree with that.

I too, have experienced poor service initiatives with BW to include some auto-dialer at 6am last Sunday morning surveying my experience.

If anything during this economic interim, any level of service should be more-so accelerated and outshine the days when we were streaming cash out the window. I am a business owner of 20 years in DFW by referral only and made sure that each and every client opportunity exceeds any expectations. I use that economic downturn to my advantage and my clients walk away amazed at the level of service and support. One client asked me last week why I was "so damn positive and excited" and my response to him was that I wanted to give him the very best of what he could find within the industry. I like to think it is why both of my companies are at full tilt right now.

BW should recognize that there is a world of crap going on outside the front door and that the very moment a customer walks in, they should make them feel as though they are there for them and them only. That is the way the guys at RUF make you feel and it works for them too.

Secondly, I twist most of my own wrenches for the most part. I chatted about this very same issue with the folks at BW in parts just the other day. One of the cats behind the counter said, "if I give you good information and a great price, your sale starts and ends. If you are happy, I will see you next time. Service doesn't see that sometimes". His words----

Anyway, just my .02.

Last edited by LowStro9; 05-17-2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: sp