What happened to Boardwalk Porsche's Service???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
mstlc03 is infamous around these parts
Angry What happened to Boardwalk Porsche's Service???

RANT!!!!!

Guys, has anyone recently have had a good experience with Boardwalk Porsche's service??

In the last 3 months I have had to bring in my wife's Cayenne there to get the 10K miles service and now some warranty work. The first trip, went in around @ 8am, no more loaners, had to wait over an hour to get a rental from Hertz. That afternoon, called and was told sorry, they haven't even started working on your car yet. Maybe tomorrow. Friday (next day), I called @ 2pm to see if they have the car in the shop, nope, not started yet. I told him, I need the SUV back for the weekend as we're heading out of town. Then they hurried and got it back to me @ 6:30pm. The second trip, arrived @ 7:30am, again no loaner, had to go to Enterprise to get one, took over 45 minutes to get in one. Called again @ 4pm, sorry, they have not worked on the car yet. Maybe tomorrow. That's when I told them, if you guys do not intend on working on my car, please give it back to me. The guy promised I'll get my car back before the weekend, we'll see. Keep in mind, both times, I have made apppointments and asked for loaner.

I bought an 08 Carrera S from them as my first Porsche and I really enjoyed their service back then. So much so that I bought an 09 Cayenne for the wife. Now, this is the service experience I get from them. I wrote an email to their Service Manager and General Manager and so far nothing...I guess they don't care!

What gets me is the LONG wait time that their customer has to endure to get a rental (as oppose to jumping in their loaner and be out of there in 10 minutes or less) and them overloading their mechanics and making customer wait days before getting their vehicles back.

There was a couple of other customer ahead of me that also was in the same situation and they also complained about how terrible their service has become!!

Sigh....

Old 04-16-2010, 02:40 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
They know they have you over a barrel, especially if it's warranty work that is being done. If you had to pay for it yourself, you'd zip over to RUF instead. I'm surprised at your experience, especially since you bought new cars there - shout out to your salesman and tell him what the deal is, maybe he can get involved on your behalf.

You'd think the service manager would care enough to at least respond to your letter - not a good sign that they value the relationship.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks leftlane! Yes, no more paying service at that dealership! I've heard alot of good things about RUF. I even heard from one of the other customers that was waiting with me say that the owner of RUF used to be a mechanic at Boardwalk.

The outrageous price they charged for the 10K miles service is nuts!! Oil change and filter change total = $560.00. They told me that they'll look at the filters (air filter and in-cabin carbon filters) and determine if they needed to be changed. Well, I'd bet they were fine, but I guess they needed the $$$ more than I did.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
i guess its cost cutting in every department. i feel the difference when i walk into a dealership now

Old 04-16-2010, 03:42 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
YIKES!!! I just did an oil/filter change and fluid check at RUF for my 01 TT and it was like $170. I talk to Hans every time I go in there, and Mark Plummer is always helpful too. If it's your own cash, it seems a lot better than the stealership, and RUF will even give you a loaner car if you need it.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by mstlc03
Thanks leftlane! Yes, no more paying service at that dealership! I've heard alot of good things about RUF. I even heard from one of the other customers that was waiting with me say that the owner of RUF used to be a mechanic at Boardwalk.

The outrageous price they charged for the 10K miles service is nuts!! Oil change and filter change total = $560.00. They told me that they'll look at the filters (air filter and in-cabin carbon filters) and determine if they needed to be changed. Well, I'd bet they were fine, but I guess they needed the $$$ more than I did.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:17 PM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
Looks like another BW dealership with lousy service. Had made an appointment a week ahead for a simple oil change on my wife's TDI Jetta. I was the first person to pull up into the BW VW dealership in Richardson, keep in mind after making an appt. Anyways took them 2 hrs and 15 minutes for this. Took another 30 minutes to wash the car afterwards. I thought the Jetta was being hand washed/dried but when they finally pulled it up it was still soaking wet. It was simply put thru the auto wash so why the 30 minute wait?

One of the employees there had told me afterwards that they had cut over 15 people recently due to the slow economy. Well for that long a wait for a simple oil change they're about to lose another customer.

I feel your pain man looks like Boardwalk customer service going down the drain.
Hope the owner is enjoying all the extra money he's getting!

Old 04-16-2010, 06:38 PM
I feel really bad for the folks that are left at the dealership trying to do the best they can with what they have knowing sometimes that even their best isn't going to help when their customers stop buying from them.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:31 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
No comment. There are quite a few BW customers here, and I don't want to step on their toes. I use PP.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:15 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
I understand your frustrations however I don't think the guys up there are sitting back laughing about how difficult things are for their customers... As most of us have experienced with the changes around the world it is difficult to provide everything at the level they used to be at. I have never been to a dealership that was perfect 100% of the time. Even Lexus has made some mistakes and had some challenges to work through and they have some of the highest service levels out there. I would imagine that they genuinely thought your car would get out when promised however sometimes there are other factors that slow down the process. Just like when someone breaks down on the road all the sudden a 5 min ride home becomes an hour parking lot on the toll way.

Dealers are typically more expensive then private shops and there are benefits either way with both...

Please understand that I am in no way trying to downplay the frustrating experience you have had. Would it be cool if they had a massive fleet of P cars just waiting in a line for us all the time?? Hell yes however at the sametime it is cool that they at least provide some type of solution with the rental car alternative when they exhaust the available Porsche loaners which in itself is difficult because they have to rely on the rental company being attentive and could easily be the weak link in the chain...

Just trying to keep it positive! I hope that things work out better for you in the future…

Last edited by caltex; 04-18-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:31 PM
I completely agree with you. I guess I can't complain because they're giving me a rental (just have to deal with the long wait times). However, what gets me is their management team obviously don't give a damn about how their customers feel. Still no response from either managers...

I also own a BMW and based on what I can see, I'm still getting the same level of sevice that I've been getting from them before.

It's just ashame that they "were" so great in customer service and now, in my opinion, they've really dropped the ball...

Old 04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mstlc03
I completely agree with you. I guess I can't complain because they're giving me a rental (just have to deal with the long wait times). However, what gets me is their management team obviously don't give a damn about how their customers feel. Still no response from either managers...

I also own a BMW and based on what I can see, I'm still getting the same level of sevice that I've been getting from them before.

It's just ashame that they "were" so great in customer service and now, in my opinion, they've really dropped the ball...
Walk in there Monday morning and talk to the GM. That's business.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:17 PM
The GM has requested you call him directly. He is a good friend of mine, and something seems wrong here. He would talk to you even if you were pissed. Dial that number and voice your concerns to the boss. He's looking for a call, or PM me your number and he will call you.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks cc08gt2!

The GM should have my number. I've emailed him twice (accidentally)...

I'll PM you my number if you want to pass it to him.

For the record, I'm not pissed...just unhappy with what has happened to me on both of my visits and based on what I'm hearing, others seems to have been faced with the same.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Here is his email address

mmarsh@boardwalkag.com

Direct line to office: 214-576-1903

He has your cell number right now. Watch it get handled.

Last edited by cc08gt2; 04-20-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Handled

The man is true to his word!

Just got the call from the GM of BW. Very nice gentlemen and really am concerned about his dealership and how his customers feel about it. I am glad you saw my post and decided to act on it. Thank you!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What happened to Boardwalk Porsche's Service???