Texas 6speeders--No front license plate bill

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:39 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Texas 6speeders--No front license plate bill

I am not one to pass this on much but its from PCNA or Porsche Club North America.

This was sent to us from the Z cars of Texas……datsun, nissans, etc.

I added somethings and left the historical emails on it.

Here is where to find your rep… http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/

This is the bill from the current 82nd legislature, Texas only meets every 2 years so this is a big push….so please call or email your rep…

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/billlookup/History.aspx?LegSess=82R&Bill=HB1068 if you want to read the bill, its real simple……..rear only license platers required.

Here is our chance to help eliminate the requirement of a front license plate on our beloved sports cars. They look bad on our cars, they are not aerodynamic (which uses more gasoline and hurts the environment), they cost the state of Texas in excess of $3 million dollars a year to produce, they cost the counties additional tax dollars in storage, etc. You get the idea. With our current state budget crisis, now is the best time to influence our lawmakers to eliminate front license plates.

If you agree, see the rest of the message below and let your state representative know how you feel. Also, please pass this message along to other car clubs, sponsors, businesses and anyone else that is like minded and would like to support this change.

This grass roots support initiative was started by the Z Club of Texas (ZCOT), a car club in the Dallas area for Datsun and Nissan Z cars. Now we're looking for others to join us, from A to Z, in supporting HB 1068 to eliminate the requirement for a front license plate.

-----Original Message-----

Several members of ZCOT have expressed an interest in not having a front license plate. If you agree with this idea, now is your chance to help make it law.

Rep Fred Brown of Bryan has started a bill, HB 1068, to do away with the requirement for a front license plate in Texas.

Its going to be an uphill battle, but car groups like ours can help make it happen.

A member of ZCOT (Jim Horn) has talked to the Transportation Committee Chairman who assured him he would give the bill a fair hearing and make DPS show the real law enforcement need.

We need all Texas ZCOT members to send letters, emails, phone calls, whatever, to their reps/senators and get other car clubs and their members to do the same. We especially need to work the Transportation Committee
members. Bill tracking/members/etc available at : www.house.state.tx.us

We have seen opposition like Rep. Vicki Truitt and Senator Craig Estes, so if they are in your voter district you should let them know you don't appreciate their opposition. We need to be prepared to have some folks from around the state go to Austin to testify when the bill is set for a committee hearing.

Thanks Cord

Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I sent my two emails. I sure hope it goes through this year!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:42 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
just emailed my rep!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Saweet!!!

Youre more than welcome to hi jack the thread or copy and paste it......to get others making a move.

Ive already started making an idea to follow up if this doesnt work to, help make Texas the Lone Plate State, just like the idea of custom plates but you can Pay to delete the front plate........easy to enforce with a rear colored type of plate indicating to LE youre in compliance and generate REVENUE, something new, for the state as well.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:53 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I just said in my email keep the fees the same. You don't have to make other other plates. You make money on this. Plus LIDAR and eztag don't need front plates.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:03 AM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
I hope this passes before my new Cayman S arrives, just about to place my order.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by function12
I just said in my email keep the fees the same. You don't have to make other other plates. You make money on this. Plus LIDAR and eztag don't need front plates.
Great point on the fees........Ill send a note to the planners on this one. too.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Old 03-21-2011, 04:04 PM