Tech / How To

Can you turn off K and X bands for V1 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 12:50 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Can you turn off K and X bands for V1 ?

Here in CA the cops only use Ka bands not the X or the K. But these always go off for false alarms like shopping centers, radar cruise control on other cars, and etc. Someone once told me there was a way to turn off those bands that are not beneficial but rather annoying and just leave on the Ka band.

Does anyone know how to do this? I am sure others will benefit from this too.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:21 AM
milkee_0923 is infamous around these parts
Old 03-10-2011, 02:12 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Thanks Milkee,
I will print it out and try it. I found this same page on the V1 website before this post and kind of tried it without having it printed out. It was very confusing and so I stopped before I ruined anything.
Have you tried it yourself?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Woohoo I figured it out. I was able to turn off the X and K bands without breaking anything. I really enjoy the V1 now. I was hesitant on getting one for my other cars because of the annoying false alarms but with this fix its much better.
By the way I am a techno RETARD so its a big deal for me to do this on my own.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 AM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Woohoo I figured it out. I was able to turn off the X and K bands without breaking anything. I really enjoy the V1 now. I was hesitant on getting one for my other cars because of the annoying false alarms but with this fix its much better.
By the way I am a techno RETARD so its a big deal for me to do this on my own.
So what was your trick? Got a 'simple' how-to?

Thx

Old 03-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Yes,
1. Turn *** to the left to turn off V1 then hold button down while turning it on and keep it down for 5 seconds till all the lights come on.
2. It will flash a sequence of four numbers which tells you which version you have, which is not really important to turn off K and X.
3. Push the button and release quickly to start.
4. You should see a number 1 and the arrow pointing up(this means X band is on), if you hold down the button for three seconds it will change the arrow to pointing down (this means the X band is off).
5. Then push and release the button quickly again and now you will see a number 2 and the arrow pointing up(this means K band is on), if you hold down the button for three seconds it will change the arrow to pointing down ( this means K band is off).

Now you have turned off both X and K bands, so turn the *** to the left to the OFF position. Then turn it back to ON position and the system is ready to go with only the Ka and laser detectors working thus avoiding the annoying beeping from the X and K bands.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Thanks!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Cbad308 has a spectacular aura aboutCbad308 has a spectacular aura about
I was driving south on the 15 and getting onto the 163 and my K band went off thinking nothing of it (granted I wasn't moving at a spirited pace mind you) and a CHP pulled over a kid in a Civic that was hauling booty.

I was under the same assumption that local 5-0 only used Ka and Laser. I was also going to deactivate the lower two bands on my V1 but I've decided against it.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:41 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
K band is still in use by CA CHP.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Cbad308 has a spectacular aura aboutCbad308 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by djantlive
K band is still in use by CA CHP.
Thanks for the affirmation.

~A