Tech / How To

BMW E60 535i Burger JB4 install w/pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
BMW E60 535i Burger JB4 install w/pics

Posted on behalf of the owner (Walker)

This took less than 2 hours to do, with some of that reading the distructions, programming, road testing, etc...very easy install, and the results were awesome...SC state troopers awarded the driver with a speeding "gift" later that day!

Here is what comes in the PnP Kit:

Removing right side engine/ecu cover:

Center engine cover:

Left Side, just repeat the steps from Passenger side:

Harness Jungle:

Power source tapping, easy de-pinning required: (yes we taped it up)

Tucked in, nice and tidy:

Buttoning it back up!

Finished install:

The throttle response is pretty intense. The modes of programming are very cool, just adjusting the rev limiter on the tach is awesome through the radio buttons on the steering wheel. Overall, both the owner and ourselves were pleased with the results and setup...perhaps Burger could improve the harness fitment a touch, but no other gripes.

Dyno Sheet

Click Here for more info!