North East Guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Size is infamous around these parts
Monticello: at $125K initiation fee + $7500 annual dues + costs for storage, etc. its quite expensive and not worth it for only 6 months of the year and the number of times I drive on a track

Old 01-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Steve the best way to do some track events are to sign up with your local chapter for DE . You will learn a lot and it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on !
Elliot

BTW
Here is a recent pic of me at Thunderbolt the 993s is my son in his car !
We had fun graet new track

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2009, 10:54 PM
F.J.B. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Size
Monticello: at $125K initiation fee + $7500 annual dues + costs for storage, etc. its quite expensive and not worth it for only 6 months of the year and the number of times I drive on a track

Yeah the membership is crap. But if you can get an organization that rents if for the day. YOu can get on for under $400 bucks. I personally dont see myself back on the track unless they permit the FULL TRACK Configuration to be used. I found it to be a very SLOW track, barely getting out of 2nd gear most of the track.

I am hoping to do VIR and Road Atlanta this year. Any groups out there willing to let a bunch of Corvettes join in on their track days??

Old 02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
im going to be new to the racing scene hopefully when it warms up soon so what should a first time racer know about racing? what do I need to bring? How do I need to setup my car? Im familiar with motorcycle racing with wiring up my bike, but I have NEVER raced a car on a closed track before!!

Old 04-22-2009, 01:16 AM
disruptek is infamous around these partsdisruptek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sms
NHIS has road course that weaves in, out and around the NASCAR oval using 2 or 3 of the banks depending on configuration. IMO it is a fun track but the transition to on and off the speedway at speed is pretty violent. It is a long drive considering you could be at WGI in about the same time.

+1 HeavyChevy - PCA is a good benchmark as far as safety, price, time etc. but the track time is not the maximum........but then again it depends on how you drive and what you are looking for.
I really like the road course at NHIS; it has some interesting elevation changes, and in the smaller configuration it's not really fast enough to offer a scary turn 1.

If there's a violent spot, I would think it'd be that first turn, but I don't recall it being particularly rough.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 AM
driver8 is infamous around these parts
Give this site a try,

http://thetrackschedule.com

Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Ck out Metropca, they go to most of those tracks, but unless it's an advanced day track time is short. A lot of my friends have different makes (vettes/vipers, f cars, etc), so I tend to do more PDA and SCDA. This yr SCDA is having a two day at the glen on both the usual boot circuit and the nascar-non boot the 2nd day. that should be interesting!
Agree monticello is a waste of time, they will never open up the whole circuit to clubs renting the track, njmp is really well done, but the glen is still king!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Banned
Feffman is infamous around these parts
You are welcome to run with us at MVP Track Time’s 2009 Northeastern (some in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic too for good measure) track days. Our track events are listed below:

September 7-8: Virginia International Raceway "Labor Day Speed Fix"

September 28, 2009 - Summit Point (Main Course)

October 17-18: Mid Ohio

October 31 – November 1: Watkins Glen "Halloween Fright FAST!”

November 21 – 22: Road Atlanta “Flyin Turkey Trot”

Of course you can run at any of our track events. For more details, registration (both on-line and mail-in registration) and the balance of the 2009 schedule, visit us at www.MVPTrackTime.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at (314) 249-3770 or Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com. All are welcome. Happy Motoring and I’ll see you at the track!

Feff

Old 04-29-2009, 02:03 PM
craig3887 has much to be proud ofcraig3887 has much to be proud ofcraig3887 has much to be proud ofcraig3887 has much to be proud ofcraig3887 has much to be proud ofcraig3887 has much to be proud ofcraig3887 has much to be proud ofcraig3887 has much to be proud of
Sign up at motorsportreg.com. They have a giant list of tracks and events anywhere in the country that you can sign up for. A few of them you have to be members of the pca, bmwcca, or audi club, etc..

Old 04-29-2009, 02:13 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Feffman, will you have Road America on the schedule next year?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:29 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
My favorites:
1) Watkins Glen
2) Thunderbolt NJMP
3) VIR (woulda been #2 but NJMP wins because of proximity)
4) Summit Point - Main
5) Shenandoah @ summit point
6) Pocono (Double Infield)
7) Lightning

Haven't yet been to Limerock, Monticello, or BeaveRun. No plans to do Limerock, and Monticello just never has dates that work out. BeaveRun brings up too many painful memories of the ex-gf lol.

This year Im mostly just alternating between Thunderbolt and Watkins Glen. I got about 12 days lined up for Thunderbolt, and 9 at Watkins Glen. Plus some VIR at the end of the year and Summit Point.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Banned
Feffman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Feffman, will you have Road America on the schedule next year?
Heavy it's an ongoing attempt to get a good (key word here - good) weekend at Road America. They offered us an early April or late October date, but the real possibility of snow ruled that out. Hopefully in 2010, but I'm not holding my breath.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com