North East Guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:55 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
North East Guys

what tracks are available to us ?

Old 02-04-2008, 04:19 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Can't think of all but here are some popular ones.
-Watkins Glen
-Lime Rock Park
-Poccono
-NJ motorsports park (brand new, opening in Fall, I think)
-Virginia International Raceway (VIR)
-Summit Point (3 tracks that are not connected)

Old 02-07-2008, 08:27 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by datax
-Watkins Glen
-Lime Rock Park
-Poccono
Add Alpine (in the Poconos) and you've got em all.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:10 PM
demosan is infamous around these parts
What about Loudon New Hampshire?? I know they now race NASCAR there, but they also had a road course there as well??

demosan

Old 02-09-2008, 06:24 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
-Watkins Glen
-Lime Rock Park
-Poccono
Can't wait for VIR

Old 02-10-2008, 05:43 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Believe that NJ Motorsports Park is called Thunderbolt. BMWCCA and Audi Clube (and presumably PCA) will all have events there in 08.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:31 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
i think alpine is a private course.10k to join..............
new jersey motorsports park will have two tracks.one is called thunderbolt,the other is called lighting!!!!!!!!!
this will be a great local track for us in nj.but turnpike and parkway traffic is going to be a ***** getting home in the summer.the owners of vir are building this track.so it should be a first class venue.resturants and lodgeing on site i think and condos being built trackside,starting at around 450k.its in millvile nj in the middle of nowhere.well lets see, it's 45 min west of alantic city.

Last edited by stuart997gt3; 02-12-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Nexus1155 is infamous around these parts
the good thing to do is that anyone who knows the pricing/experiences on these places should post them up, i am always looking to go, but never know where to go/how much they charge and don't want to get raped by one place if another is better

Old 02-16-2008, 01:16 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nexus1155
the good thing to do is that anyone who knows the pricing/experiences on these places should post them up, i am always looking to go, but never know where to go/how much they charge and don't want to get raped by one place if another is better

Pricing varies on which group you go with to any particular track, but you have too look at other factors like what days they choose (weekdays or weekends), how much track time you get, and how well organized the venue is. PCA is usually one of the best priced and well organized, so use that as the benchmark.

As far as the track experience, there are several tracks that are very popular, but after that it's a toss up between what kind of track you like.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:15 PM
sms
sms is infamous around these parts
NHIS has road course that weaves in, out and around the NASCAR oval using 2 or 3 of the banks depending on configuration. IMO it is a fun track but the transition to on and off the speedway at speed is pretty violent. It is a long drive considering you could be at WGI in about the same time.

+1 HeavyChevy - PCA is a good benchmark as far as safety, price, time etc. but the track time is not the maximum........but then again it depends on how you drive and what you are looking for.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:27 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sms
+1 HeavyChevy - PCA is a good benchmark as far as safety, price, time etc. but the track time is not the maximum........but then again it depends on how you drive and what you are looking for.

That's why I used PCA because other than NASA, BMW, Audi, there arent any other groups that are nation wide and most likely to be where ever you are. BMW and Audi are similar to PCA, with Audi being the smallest.

Aside from that there are tons of small groups that will get you a lot of track time, but for more money. And you could end up with any kind of instructor that drives any kind of car. For that reason beginners I recommend something like PCA or BMWCCA. Small groups, great nationally certified instructors.

Not to say the other groups arent great as well, I just think those are the standards since they are the most consistent across the country.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:01 PM
printemps2001 is infamous around these parts
Here's the 08 CVR DE schedule. Tracks are listed. Lime Rock is closest to NYC.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
08decalendar.pdf (10.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 02-21-2008, 11:34 AM
hopofthese is infamous around these parts
-Watkins Glen
-Lime Rock Park
-Poccono
You forgot the BEAVER!

Old 09-20-2008, 04:41 AM
live2shift is infamous around these parts
A great way to run DE in the northeast is SCDA it is a bit more expensive than PCA but open to all types of cars which makes it fun. http://www.scda1.com/

Old 10-28-2008, 02:05 PM
F.J.B. is infamous around these parts
Add Monticello Motor Club to the list for a slow technical track.

They are up and running in Monticello NY.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: North East Guys