Need Pocono hotel / lodge recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:36 AM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
Need Pocono hotel / lodge recommendation

Mates - I've been to Pocono Raceway for a DE previously and stayed in a dumpy motel. My wife and two young kids have never been to an event with me and I'm thinking of bringing them along in a few weeks. Any recommendations for a hotel or lodge relatively close to the track with amenities or things to do nearby for young kids?

Old 05-27-2008, 02:13 PM
EL GT2 is a jewel in the roughEL GT2 is a jewel in the roughEL GT2 is a jewel in the roughEL GT2 is a jewel in the rough
Pocono Hotel

Try here - only about 3 miles to the track and right off route 80:

http://www.bestwesternpa.com/hotels/...keslee-pocono/

Old 05-28-2008, 08:46 AM
turbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant future
The Blakeslee Inn is probably your best bet - I've stayed there before, and it's not the best, and not the worst place. (It's a Best Western, so expect their standards).

There are some real S-hole if you travel a little bit further down the road, and then there are some much nicer hotels in different areas of the Pocono mountains. If you are looking for a posh, romantic getaway, look elsewhere. If you just want a clean, dry room - It should do.

(Oh yeah, and it's literally right on the exit ramp at exit 284, so you can't miss it).