Registration open for HCP & CNY DE at Watkins Glen July 22 and 23

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 AM
driver8 is infamous around these parts
HCP & CNY DE at Watkins Glen July 22 and 23 EXCITING NEW FEATURES ADDED

Hudson Champlain and Central NY regions are teaming up to bring you one of the only PCA drivers education events at Watkins Glen in the month of July. We hope you can join us on July 22 and 23 for this great new event. It is open to drivers of all abilities. The first 40 registered instructors will have their registration fee refunded at the track.

Registration is now open at clubregistration.net or forms are available at http://hcp.pca.org/regform.html

Hope to see you guys there.

Aaron

Last edited by driver8; 07-11-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Caughtacab911 is infamous around these parts
I'm thinking of attending (it'll be my 2nd DE). Anyone else from NER or NCR areas going?

Gene
2005 C2S cab

Old 06-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Gene,

We have plenty of instructors available (for a change), so no wait listing for instructed drivers!!!

Aaron

Old 06-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Aaron:

Good to hear that you have plenty of instructors. Right now I'm working on getting some wheels for the extra set of tires I have. If I can arrange that soon I plan to sign up. (Would rather not use the brand new tires I just had put on the car, or continually break them down and remount.) Thanks again!

Gene

Old 06-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Aaron:

All set on registration.

Gene

Last edited by Caughtacab911; 06-23-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 06-25-2009, 12:29 PM
We still have open spots in the red run group for instructors to drive for free. Come on now instructors, how can you pass up two free days of driving at the Glen?

And for the Ladies . . . . We are working on putting together a woman’s beginner run group for this DE. Ladies, this is the event if you are on the fence and would like to experience drivers education without all the pressure. You will be able to learn at your own pace and at your own comfort level. Write “Ladies only“ on top of your application.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Gene,

Fantastic!! We are excited you can join us. It should be a lot of fun and plenty of track time.

Aaron

Old 07-08-2009, 07:09 AM
We are still getting interest from drivers for this event, so we have decided to hold open registration for a bit longer. If you are thinking about joining us please register soon. ClubRegistration.net

See everyone at the Glen in a couple weeks.

A

Old 07-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Aaron:

Due to a work commitment I can't change I've had to pass on this session. I let Chris Whaley know already. I hope to get up there later this year.

Gene

Old 07-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Gene sorry to hear that you won't be able to make the event. We have another DE at The Glen in September on the 16th and 17th, you should consider joining us for that one.

Aaron

Old 07-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey Everyone;

I want to announce some exciting new features for this event that will further differentiate it from your run-of-the-mill PCA DE. In a concerted effort to make this event fun and STRONGLY EDUCATIONAL...

- We are still planning on having a FEMALE ONLY run group, and we really hope to get many more participants for that feature.

Our newest additions to the event schedule include;

- Offering liberal passing opportunities for our Advanced run groups. This will allow you to undertake the usual safe and controlled pass in a far larger area of the track than previously allowed under the old PCA DE rules.

- Perhaps of most interest will be one special run session each day devoted to "Paired Driving." This will entail drivers finding a partner/driver to run side-by-side with around the entire track. This is not a situation that DE drivers find themselves in for this extended length of time, and it is an extremely fun and educational exercise. The improvement in DE driver's situational and spacial awareness, and comfort in driving well offline in unfamiliar portions of the track surface, will lead to dramatically increased skill levels for all drivers participating in it. We plan to offer this to our Intermediate and Advanced run groups.

- Depending on how things go, we also may add/substitute a Leap Frog session, where groups of 2-3 drivers spend the session passing and repassing eachother everywhere on the track (with a couple of exceptions). This is another tremendously rewarding exercise that will really have you brimming with new found confidence and grinning from ear to ear. We would offer this to our Intermediate and Advanced groups.

We all hope to see many of you there to take advantage of these rare opportunites. I'm really looking forward to it!