The Ultimate GT3. From street car, to FULL RACE car. Pics inside of build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Banned
stacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to behold
The Ultimate GT3. From street car, to FULL RACE car. Pics inside of build

I searched all over the country to locate a low mile, clean, well taken care of 996 GT3. I chose to build a full race car out of a 2004 996/GT3. The GT3 has steel synchros and the all important dry sumped engine. I looked at several cup cars, but decided that cup cars require a tremendous amount of maintenance versus converting a street car into a race car.

I decided to hire Global Motorsports Group (GMG) to help with the build. They have experienced tremendous success racing Porsches in multiple series. I will document the build of this car from day one.

I hope you enjoy the documented build process.

Here is the car before tear down................

A perfectly clean, street car.................:icon107:

And now.................the stripping begins.......

Old 04-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Banned
stacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to behold

Old 04-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Banned
I am tying in the cage to the front shock towers. I needed to remove the wiper assembly, batter, and bracing for that........

Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned

Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned

Old 04-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor
Forza Forged is infamous around these parts
Wow, I love it...

Old 04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
JJB
JJB is infamous around these parts
Amazing roll cage work.

Keep the updates coming.

JJB

Old 04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
sshjd is infamous around these parts
Great stuff! I'm riveted! Will follow, please add.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Looking good!!

Old 04-13-2010, 03:04 PM
stevespai is infamous around these parts
Nice welds. What size tubes are you using?

Old 04-13-2010, 04:26 PM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
Nice, what do you have planned for the engine?

Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Brave man! Send some pictures to the previous owner hahahha.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:26 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
WOW!! Super nice job and love the roll cage!

Old 04-14-2010, 06:41 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Wow, you are not messing around!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GT3. From street car, to FULL RACE car. Pics inside of build