Leh Keen to drive TopSpeed's GT2 in OneLap of America

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:44 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Congrats fellas!

Old 05-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
Today was honestly an absolute nail biter. We woke up this morning to rain, wind and cold! Obviously less than optimal circumstances for a DRY skid pad day. All throughout the morning the rain threatened and the wind blew. 46 degrees was the high for the day, so tire temps were down and the track was slippery.

This was the first event that instead of the fast cars going first we went last, so we were literally the last car to run. As the faster cars started running the track was getting faster, but the sky was not looking good. I was pacing like crazy with Doug as if there was something we could do to hurry the event along. If all the cars were to run in the dry and then it was to start raining we would have had a VERY hard time winning the overall points.

We somehow, thank God, were able to fight off the rain as the last few cars ran. The last on the track, Pepper and Leh start around the circle, after the first loop the announcer says “Oh WOW, if he keeps this pace up he will have broken the all time Tire Rack track record” Just a few more times around, Doug and I are chomping at the bit like untamed horses, the car takes the checkered flag as they announce “We have an event winner and have broken the track record holding 1.098g!!!” Needless to say the crowd started cheering and applauding, Doug and I exchanged hugs and high fives, and ran to the car to give the good news to Leh as he drove off the course.

The guys had an absolute blast with this event, and it was such an honor for me to be a small part of history with them. I am so thankful for Leh and Doug! Everyone on the team carried their weight with excellence! Thank You to Brock Yates and all the sponsors for making this wonderful motorsports event possible. We look forward to returning in the coming years to defend our title.

I would like to thank everyone for there support and following us on this great adventure.

~OLOA Team TopSpeed

-FASTEST 991 Turbo in the WORLD: 201.97 MPH
-HIGHEST HP 991 in the WORLD: 1287whp
-991 Turbo S Build Thread
-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
-Complete in House Builds
Old 05-08-2010, 03:03 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
WOW!!!! Major congratulations guys.. That's a KILLER Car you built and together with Leh driving, you have really brought credit to the Porsche community. On behalf of the Porsche GT2 owners out there, I thank you for showing the Car enthusiast community what these amazing Cars can do when set up properly and tuned and built with expertise like you and your organization obviously bring to the table.

Let's face it, the 996 GT2 is a MASSIVELY capable Car, but that performance is only accessible to a select few drivers that have the talent and ability to bring it out of the Car, it's the polar opposite of today's Cars like the GTR, the newest Ferrari 458 etc, with every electronic safety net possible... I think the 996 GT2 is the pinnacle of Porsche's non electronic/nannied Cars, it's why I bought one over the newer 997 GT2, a GTR or an F430 Scuderia.

The fact that you guys took a 7 year old Car with ZERO driver aids and beat the cream of the crop of today's computer controlled, gizmo filled Cars that give the driver so much help means a LOT!! To me it re-enforces the fact that the driver and knowing how to set up a Car properly is still the biggest part of the performance equation.

Thank you so much for posting all the updates for us.

If you are ever over here on the West Coast, please stop by and say hi and maybe come out to Laguna with a few of us West Coast Porsche guys...

Cheers...

Last edited by 80shilling; 05-08-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
Thanks so much for the kind words! I totally agree with you. I believe the newer cars have their place, and I am in no way discrediting them, but we wanted to win this with a RAW street race car!

Your enthusiasm and support mean the world to us as a fellow Porsche owner. We will do our best to get the car out to the west coast and have a little fun.

Regards,

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 05-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Here is the video of the burnout/drift session in celebration of the win...pretty fun to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiqTuVeZizM

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 05-08-2010, 03:41 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
congratulations on the sweep of the road courses and overall win!

Old 05-08-2010, 05:53 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling
WOW!!!! Major congratulations guys.. That's a KILLER Car you built and together with Leh driving, you have really brought credit to the Porsche community. On behalf of the Porsche GT2 owners out there, I thank you for showing the Car enthusiast community what these amazing Cars can do when set up properly and tuned and built with expertise like you and your organization obviously bring to the table.

Let's face it, the 996 GT2 is a MASSIVELY capable Car, but that perfromance is only accessible to a select few drivers that have the talent and ability to bring it out of the Car, it's the polar opposite of today's Cars like the GTR, the newest Ferrari 458 etc, with every electronic safety net possible... I think the 996 GT2 is the pinnacle of Porsche's non electronic/nannied Cars, it's why I bought one over the newer 997 GT2, a GTR or an F430 Scuderia.

The fact that you guys took a 7 year old Car with ZERO driver aids and beat the cream of the crop of today's computer controlled, gizmo filled Cars that give the driver so much help means a LOT!! To me it re-inforces the fact that the driver and knowing how to set up a Car properly is still the biggest part of the performance equation.

If you are ever over here on the West Coast, please stop by and say hi and maybe come out to Laguna with a few of us West Coast Porsche guys...

Cheers...
What a testament and I AGREE... This car is EXTREMELY capable, and of course in the right hands, in which it was..

Congrats to Topspeed and LEH, you guy's really did it up!

I really wanted to order a new RS, and toyed around with the GT3 idea countless times... But in the end, I just can't give up this animal for anything!

Time to strip out my GT2? You guy's are bad influences

Old 05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
WoW...congrats to Leh and TopSpeed!!!you guys truly deserve the win with all the hardwork you guys have done...

Old 05-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Awesome job guys...really well done!

Big congratulations to Leh and TopSpeed for getting it done!

Old 05-08-2010, 08:54 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling

Let's face it, the 996 GT2 is a MASSIVELY capable Car, but that performance is only accessible to a select few drivers that have the talent and ability to bring it out of the Car, it's the polar opposite of today's Cars like the GTR, the newest Ferrari 458 etc, with every electronic safety net possible... I think the 996 GT2 is the pinnacle of Porsche's non electronic/nannied Cars, it's why I bought one over the newer 997 GT2, a GTR or an F430 Scuderia.

The fact that you guys took a 7 year old Car with ZERO driver aids and beat the cream of the crop of today's computer controlled, gizmo filled Cars that give the driver so much help means a LOT!! To me it re-enforces the fact that the driver and knowing how to set up a Car properly is still the biggest part of the performance equation.

Cheers...

+1 I agree 100%. I drove a new M3. and it's stupid fast, but the computer kicked in so much even when I had it off. Like i told the owner, it is so easy to push that car to the limit and easy to drive with all the electronics that it feels like a synthetic ride. A 911, just a raw drive and when you can tackle it, it is extremely rewarding !! I'm really happy for you guys and the Porsche community !

Old 05-11-2010, 10:41 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cicio@TopSpeed
Today was honestly an absolute nail biter. We woke up this morning to rain, wind and cold! Obviously less than optimal circumstances for a DRY skid pad day. All throughout the morning the rain threatened and the wind blew. 46 degrees was the high for the day, so tire temps were down and the track was slippery.

This was the first event that instead of the fast cars going first we went last, so we were literally the last car to run. As the faster cars started running the track was getting faster, but the sky was not looking good. I was pacing like crazy with Doug as if there was something we could do to hurry the event along. If all the cars were to run in the dry and then it was to start raining we would have had a VERY hard time winning the overall points.

We somehow, thank God, were able to fight off the rain as the last few cars ran. The last on the track, Pepper and Leh start around the circle, after the first loop the announcer says “Oh WOW, if he keeps this pace up he will have broken the all time Tire Rack track record” Just a few more times around, Doug and I are chomping at the bit like untamed horses, the car takes the checkered flag as they announce “We have an event winner and have broken the track record holding 1.098g!!!” Needless to say the crowd started cheering and applauding, Doug and I exchanged hugs and high fives, and ran to the car to give the good news to Leh as he drove off the course.

The guys had an absolute blast with this event, and it was such an honor for me to be a small part of history with them. I am so thankful for Leh and Doug! Everyone on the team carried their weight with excellence! Thank You to Brock Yates and all the sponsors for making this wonderful motorsports event possible. We look forward to returning in the coming years to defend our title.

I would like to thank everyone for there support and following us on this great adventure.

It's great to not only see you did so well, but had so much fun! Good to hear everyone had a good time, and we are proud to be a lead sponsor of the event! See you all next year!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 05-11-2010, 11:09 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
It's great to not only see you did so well, but had so much fun! Good to hear everyone had a good time, and we are proud to be a lead sponsor of the event! See you all next year!
Damon can you please check your pm's?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
MotorTrend Blog<---------------Click me

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 05-29-2010, 10:10 AM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Can you share more on the wing you guys used on the car?

Old 05-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
Its an RSR wing off of a 996 RSR, modded to fit the turbo.

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner