Redline Time Attack at Sebring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud of
Redline Time Attack at Sebring

Anybody going to this?

We usually compete throughout the season but this year the events seem further and further away. We are planning to make it out for this event.

Anybody else signing up? I hear there will be some stiff competition.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:19 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Interesting....Sebring is my home track and I instruct there for Porsche Club, PBOC and Chin Motorsports. I went to the red line time attack site and there is no info on how the HPDE is laid out and scheduled for beginner and advanced drivers, instructors.

I sent them an email offering my service to instruct for them and asking about the HPDE event schedule. I certainly do not want to be on track with a beginner driver in a car by themselves that has had no performance driving skill or instruction.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mdrums
Interesting....Sebring is my home track and I instruct there for Porsche Club, PBOC and Chin Motorsports. I went to the red line time attack site and there is no info on how the HPDE is laid out and scheduled for beginner and advanced drivers, instructors.

I sent them an email offering my service to instruct for them and asking about the HPDE event schedule. I certainly do not want to be on track with a beginner driver in a car by themselves that has had no performance driving skill or instruction.
RTA events are not geared towards novice drivers, although some instruction is available and there is a "green" group for less experienced drivers.

Practice run groups are segregated by skill level initially, and then usually by lap times later in the day. Safety I would say, is on par with other PCA/Chin events at RA. Nothing really to worry about there. If you are a fast driver in a well prepared car, you'll run in the advanced group and have fun lapping with some of the fastest Time Attacks cars in the country. Hope you can join us.

On a side note, I also instruct for Chin, among others. Maybe we've run into each other at Sebring before? I usually drive the white GT-R pictured in our sig.

Sharif

Old 07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sales@Forged
RTA events are not geared towards novice drivers, although some instruction is available and there is a "green" group for less experienced drivers.

Practice run groups are segregated by skill level initially, and then usually by lap times later in the day. Safety I would say, is on par with other PCA/Chin events at RA. Nothing really to worry about there. If you are a fast driver in a well prepared car, you'll run in the advanced group and have fun lapping with some of the fastest Time Attacks cars in the country. Hope you can join us.

On a side note, I also instruct for Chin, among others. Maybe we've run into each other at Sebring before? I usually drive the white GT-R pictured in our sig.

Sharif
I think I've seen your car at Sebring not sure. I run a 09 997S PDK on black CCW's and Toyo RA1 or R888's. My car definitly does not look like a Time Attack car. However I'd sure like to try out a Time Attack event. I turn a 2:28-29 at Sebring. Stock car with Tubi mufflers, R-Comp street tires. I am a tall guy with a prosthetic leg, if that helps you remember me???

I have some of my PCA and PBOC race and DW friends looking into trying this event out. The DE guys are all instructors but unsure of how the DE classes are laid out or safety. How do they know if some guy is not telling the truth about his track experience? What instuctors if any are they using at Sebring?

I never heard back from the Time Attack people on the HPDE portion or if they need instructors.

Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2010, 03:42 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
i'm registered for the HPDE on Sat

Old 07-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mdrums
I think I've seen your car at Sebring not sure. I run a 09 997S PDK on black CCW's and Toyo RA1 or R888's. My car definitly does not look like a Time Attack car. However I'd sure like to try out a Time Attack event. I turn a 2:28-29 at Sebring. Stock car with Tubi mufflers, R-Comp street tires. I am a tall guy with a prosthetic leg, if that helps you remember me???

I have some of my PCA and PBOC race and DW friends looking into trying this event out. The DE guys are all instructors but unsure of how the DE classes are laid out or safety. How do they know if some guy is not telling the truth about his track experience? What instuctors if any are they using at Sebring?

I never heard back from the Time Attack people on the HPDE portion or if they need instructors.
I have seen your car before...looks good!

I'd come to the event, and you all would easily qualify for the advanced/red run groups. RTA does verify experience mostly through an interview process. And it doesn't take but one or two laps to ferret out the liars, if any are present...they will be black flagged.

If I was a betting man, the Modified Class fast times will be sub 2:15, and the Unlimited cars probably sub 2:10.

Sharif

Old 07-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Banned
Haystack615 is infamous around these parts
Good luck MTGTS. +rep

Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 AM
mcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the rough
Is this event for street legal cars or only caged race cars or both? Sounds like fun.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mcar00
Is this event for street legal cars or only caged race cars or both? Sounds like fun.
They have a class pretty much for every type of car. Stock or Race.

Fontana Nissan Enthusiast Class
The Enthusiast Class has modification limitations and is intended for relatively "stock" vehicles. Basic Performance Upgrades (BPUs) are permitted, like Cold Air Intakes, Headers, Exhaust Systems, Brake Upgrades, Suspension Upgrades, Etc. Competing in Enthusiast Class is a great way to get started in Time Attack racing for those who are interested!

Modifications Allowed:
Engine Mods: Stock Block Must be used, no aftermarket forced induction allowed. Allowed: Camshaft upgrades, Intake, MAF, Intake Manifold, Header, Exhaust, etc.
Suspension: Up to 2-Way Adjustable Coilovers
Brakes: Open
Tires: Any High Performance Street Tire with a tread wear of 140 or higher
Unique to the Class: All window glass must be present, catalytic converters are required, vehicle must be registered with DMV, Vehicle MUST be driven by the registered owner, use of carbon/composite body panels is not allowed, aero upgrades are not allowed, professional drivers are not allowed

Buddy Club Street Tire Class
The Redline Time Attack Street Tire Class is intended for vehicles that are for the most part "Street Legal" using DOT approved Street Tires driven by grassroots enthusiasts and amateur racers alike. The Street Tire Class is the most popular and accessible Class in the Redline Time Attack Series, it is the true home of the Enthusiasts.

Modifications Allowed:
Engine Mods: Just about anything goes, except Nitrous Oxide is Prohibited (in all Classes)
Suspension: Up to 2-Way Adjustable Coilovers
Tires: Any High Performance Street Tire with a tread wear of 140 or higher
Unique to the Class: All window glass must be present, catalytic converters are required, vehicle must be registered with DMV, use of carbon/composite body panels is limited, aero upgrades are limited, professional drivers are not allowed

COBB Tuning Modified Class
The Redline Time Attack Modified Class is the home of highly modified Street Cars, it is truly the pinnacle of Street Performance vehicles. The use of R-Compound track tires is allowed as well as more open rules for suspensions, aerodynamics and composite body work. Professional drivers and hired guns are often seen driving the fastest Modified Class vehicles for many of the top teams

Modifications Allowed:
Engine Mods: Just about anything goes, except Nitrous Oxide is Prohibited. The top AWD and RWD cars will have in excess of 500hp, with FWD typically over 300hp
Suspension: Three Way and Four Way Adjustable Suspension with external reservoirs is common
Tires: Limited to tires with a tread wear of 50 or higher.
Unique to the Class: Window glass must be present, most interior components may be removed but not entirely "gutted", Pro drivers allowed, starting Class for high performance "super cars" like the Nissan R35 GT-R, Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari F430 and Corvette Z06

Super Modified Class
The Redline Time Attack Super Modified Class is where you will see the fastest road racing tuner cars in the country. Full use of carbon/composite body panels, huge wings, huge tires and huge POWER can all be found. The fastest Super Modified Class cars run lap times faster than SPEED World Challenge GT cars and are close to surpassing American Le Mans GT2 lap times. Super Modified Class vehicles will often have between 500-800hp on tap! Top speeds at some tracks will surpass 180mph!

Modifications Allowed:
Engine Mods: Just about anything goes. BIG POWER!
Suspension:: Three Way and Four Way Adjustable Suspension with External Reservoirs, with MOTON, JRZ and KW Suspension being the popular brands
Brakes: Open.. Expect to see HUGE rotors and 4-8 piston calipers in use
Tires: Full Race "Slicks" are allowed in Unlimited, providing for ultimate grip and making Redline Time Attack Super Modified Class vehicles some of the fastest road racing vehicles on the planet!
Unique To Class: Fully gutted, fully caged, professionally prepared and driven by professionals. Is it not uncommon to see drivers from other series such as Formula D, Grand Am, American Le Mans and SPEED World Challenge driving these cars.

Hope to see you there!

Tray

Old 07-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
Tray beat me to it. Typical "track day prepped" Porsche would fall into the Modified class (No cage required), as long as you run something like an R888, NT01, RA1 or lesser tire. Hoosiers and full slicks would bump you into Unlimited class, and you definitely don't want to compete there unless you have a fully race prepared car.

Sharif

Old 07-05-2010, 04:18 PM
mcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sales@Forged
Tray beat me to it. Typical "track day prepped" Porsche would fall into the Modified class (No cage required), as long as you run something like an R888, NT01, RA1 or lesser tire. Hoosiers and full slicks would bump you into Unlimited class, and you definitely don't want to compete there unless you have a fully race prepared car.

Sharif
Hey Sharif. Thanks for the response. I had some fun running with you back in January at a Chin event at Sebring in my black Z06. I haven't set up the car to run in any particular class so what I have really is a lightly modified car with Hoosiers. Like you said I wouldn't be competitive in the unlimited class so I was thinking that the HPDE on Saturday might work. I was thinking it would be fun to run with some fast cars. Am I missing anything or would this be an open lapping day with a lot of quick cars? I can't seem to find any info on the Redline Time Attack website related to the HPDE part of the event.

Thanks and I hope to see you again at Sebring.

Mike

Old 07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
I've signed up to play in the enthusiast class in my Z4M, if all goes as planned we'll be running our Camo 996tt in Modified RWD.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mcar00
Hey Sharif. Thanks for the response. I had some fun running with you back in January at a Chin event at Sebring in my black Z06. I haven't set up the car to run in any particular class so what I have really is a lightly modified car with Hoosiers. Like you said I wouldn't be competitive in the unlimited class so I was thinking that the HPDE on Saturday might work. I was thinking it would be fun to run with some fast cars. Am I missing anything or would this be an open lapping day with a lot of quick cars? I can't seem to find any info on the Redline Time Attack website related to the HPDE part of the event.

Thanks and I hope to see you again at Sebring.

Mike
Yes I remember you, Mike. You have a very mean Z06...evil.

Saturday is an open HPDE and track time is very liberal. If you can manage to throw some non-Hoosiers/Slicks on your car, you can compete in the Modified class Time Attack on Sunday as well.

See you soon.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 AM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
more the merrier!!

Old 08-08-2010, 09:40 AM
1 week away, should be a blast!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Redline Time Attack at Sebring