Aria GP Jet/F BUT.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:40 PM
HardCore Nice is infamous around these parts
Aria GP Jet/F BUT.....

Just pulled the trigger on first Helmet. Open Face super comfy, airy and a lot of padding. Its really light too,compared to a motorcycle helmet. I've worn a Bell and a Simpson open face before and wasn't to impressed. BUT being a tall guy and wearing a helmet in the 997 I barely fit, recline the seat and a little better. Any suggestions on the height issue?

Old 07-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HardCore Nice
Just pulled the trigger on first Helmet. Open Face super comfy, airy and a lot of padding. Its really light too,compared to a motorcycle helmet. I've worn a Bell and a Simpson open face before and wasn't to impressed. BUT being a tall guy and wearing a helmet in the 997 I barely fit, recline the seat and a little better. Any suggestions on the height issue?
Shoulda bought a Cab

It is going to be tough for clearance, but it is something you will have to get used to. Most vehicles don't have the clearance required for the helmet. Best bet is going to be trying different seated positions, etc.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Eventually down the long road of life I plan on getting GT3 seats. Would this lower my ride height at all? I have the standard non-adaptive in their right now. I know in the 996 you could have had a tech do something with the rails. Ive seen this, tried it in my old 996 but couldnt see it happening.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Usually when moving the rails back, it just allows for more leg room. Where is your head positioned near the roof? Is there increased head-room behind where your head is located?

Old 07-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Slight but moving it further back wont solve anything for me. What i meant was by a lowering the seat rail and where the seat is seated on the rail is that the bolts were microns above the floor instead of inches like it is now. I know Ferrari has an option like this and i am almost positive the old 993's had this option as well.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
If you can't lower the rails I know oftentimes they remove padding from the seat for professional athletes and people along those lines, the seats appear stock afterwards and you can get your head off of the cieling.

Edit: I also believe the GT3 seats are a bit lower, but am not 100% sure.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Ag Surfer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HardCore Nice
Slight but moving it further back wont solve anything for me. What i meant was by a lowering the seat rail and where the seat is seated on the rail is that the bolts were microns above the floor instead of inches like it is now. I know Ferrari has an option like this and i am almost positive the old 993's had this option as well.
Subscribed. I'd like to know if I can lower my seat as well. I barely fit in the car with a helmet on. If I recline a bit, it's okay, but its hardly ideal.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Ag Surfer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jeremy

Edit: I also believe the GT3 seats are a bit lower, but am not 100% sure.

Does anyone know for sure?

Old 07-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I know for a FACT the Recaro Pole Position seats lowered my seat height in my C2 996 by an inch or so. Unfortunataly I've never had a helmet on with the seats in and I traded her in for the 997 before I did get a chance.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:38 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
HardCore, are you planning on doing some DE's at Sebring?

Old 07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I love auto X, Joining PBOC in a few days, will be doing a Chin's Motorsport DE soon hopefully, PCA DE's, and eventually some other harder stuff hopefully. I just want to be comfortable in my porsche @ all of these events as well as safe.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:09 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
HardCore, I'll probably see you at an event then. I used a Bell Sport 3 since I am tall and this helmet fit my head and me in the car the best. My next investment is a cool shirt!