Feedback On New Business Name

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 03:55 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Feedback On New Business Name

As some you know, I've been working with Karl Poeltl of Racer's Edge (www.racersedge-inc.com) to develop a business plan to expand the Racer's Edge business.

As part of our business plan, we are opening a local repair and service shop geared towards the European market that will be located in our hometown, Knoxville, TN.

We are also are rolling out an "Arrive and Drive" race progam headed up by Owen Trinkler (www.owentrinkler.com), a Pro Driver and Porsche Driving Experience Instructor. As part of this program, we will be building and/or supporting and developing customer race cars for PCA; SCCA; PBOC; NASA and Grand-AM.

In reviewing naming options for the shop, the following areas are important for considering options:
  • A relative short, simple name that potential customers can read and understand what the business offers. I've previouslt owned a retail chain that grew to 185 stores. Getting customers to read signs is a challenge. I subscribe to the KISS theory (Keep It Simple Stupid).
  • We don't want to use the Racer's Edge name for the shop as we don't want to confuse the fact that we are interested in basic repair and service work and are not 100% focused on race car development, though marrying the concepts together allow us to maximize assets and resources to address both.
Names considered to this point include:

DK Motowerks (all will have a tag line that reads Service & Repair)
GT Motorwerks (Minid's contribution)
RS Motorwerks
DK Imports

Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:03 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DHinkle
As some you know, I've been working with Karl Poeltl of Racer's Edge (www.racersedge-inc.com) to develop a business plan to expand the Racer's Edge business.

As part of our business plan, we are opening a local repair and service shop geared towards the European market that will be located in our hometown, Knoxville, TN.

We are also are rolling out an "Arrive and Drive" race progam headed up by Owen Trinkler (www.owentrinkler.com), a Pro Driver and Porsche Driving Experience Instructor. As part of this program, we will be building and/or supporting and developing customer race cars for PCA; SCCA; PBOC; NASA and Grand-AM.

In reviewing naming options for the shop, the following areas are important for considering options:
  • A relative short, simple name that potential customers can read and understand what the business offers. I've previouslt owned a retail chain that grew to 185 stores. Getting customers to read signs is a challenge. I subscribe to the KISS theory (Keep It Simple Stupid).
  • We don't want to use the Racer's Edge name for the shop as we don't want to confuse the fact that we are interested in basic repair and service work and are not 100% focused on race car development, though marrying the concepts together allow us to maximize assets and resources to address both.
Names considered to this point include:

DK Motowerks (all will have a tag line that reads Service & Repair)
GT Motorwerks (Minid's contribution)
RS Motorwerks
DK Imports

Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.
Renn Motorwerks

dunno...of yours I like RS Motorwerks

Old 10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
CLS
CLS is infamous around these partsCLS is infamous around these parts
What about
RT Motowerks (RT standing for Road n Track) or RT Werks

But of the ones you have GT Motorwerks

Old 10-12-2007, 11:16 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Hinkle-sport.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:20 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Hinkle-sport.
Look up what Hinkle means in German and your comment gets even funnier.

We did consider 2G Motorwerks but realize no one would understand or care what it meant (2 Germans; my partners of German decent as well, Karl Poeltl).