Dedicated Track Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:22 PM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
Dedicated Track Car

I remember that someone here posted a website with lots of P-Cars (race cars)for sale, but I can't find it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:34 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Check rennlist.com. What type of track/race car are you searching for?

Old 09-29-2007, 12:12 AM
CLS
CLS is infamous around these partsCLS is infamous around these parts
Dave should have a couple of spares he might let go!!!

Old 09-29-2007, 11:43 AM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DHinkle
Check rennlist.com. What type of track/race car are you searching for?
I think I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive ($25K+/-) but with some character. I'd really like to do a 911 of some sort if possible. I haven't done any organized racing or anything, but I have a great time going to the track and would love to get my feet wet. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
Old 09-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Old 09-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Old 09-30-2007, 12:11 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CJA
I think I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive ($25K+/-) but with some character.
Boxster Spec car?

Old 09-30-2007, 09:20 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CJA
I think I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive ($25K+/-) but with some character. I'd really like to do a 911 of some sort if possible. I haven't done any organized racing or anything, but I have a great time going to the track and would love to get my feet wet. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I would suggest a good 944 that is set up properly. You should be able to find one in your price range. Once you start racing, you'll always have someone to race with. At Road America, I believe there were at least 40 944's spread over three classes.

Let me know if you're interested. I do know where a couple of good one's are for sale.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by CJA
One last comment, this will be the last time you use the word "inexpensive" related to any future track endeavor.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 AM
CJA
One last comment, this will be the last time you use the word "inexpensive" related to any future track endeavor.
That's what I'm afraid of...

Thanks for all the advice everyone. This one looks kind of interesting...

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval

Old 10-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by CJA
That's what I'm afraid of...

Thanks for all the advice everyone. This one looks kind of interesting...

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval
The older 911's can be a real handful to learn on. I sold a perfectly built 964 RS America as it was a more than I needed when I started. Also have a friend that started with me in Panoz. He sold his older 911 that he ran in the historic races and bought a Cup Car. He said the Cup Car is easier to drive. He's not real competitive right now. I am a proponent of starting with a lower hp car that is predictable and with good coaching, work your way up to the faster cars.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
CJA
The older 911's can be a real handful to learn on. I sold a perfectly built 964 RS America as it was a more than I needed when I started. Also have a friend that started with me in Panoz. He sold his older 911 that he ran in the historic races and bought a Cup Car. He said the Cup Car is easier to drive. He's not real competitive right now. I am a proponent of starting with a lower hp car that is predictable and with good coaching, work your way up to the faster cars.

Probably really good advice - thank you.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:25 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
i agree with all DHinkle said.
when you want to improve and lower ur lap time, goto a slower car.
i track several GT3 and C2's extensively, 5000+ track miles per year.
every 10-12 months, i go back to a spec miata or boxster/cayman, then move back to GT3's again. every time i do that, i knock a second or two off.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Check my partner's car @ www.racersedge-inc.com. He's selling his 944 S2. The car is neutral and handles like it's on rails. He has multiple track records with it. It would be a great car to start on. To give you an idea of 944 racing in PCA, Karl is the fastest 944 driver and also races when the budget allows in World Speed Challenge. He's become a top tiered PCA racer in 944's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dedicated Track Car