Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:56 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
You missed 0-300kph - very popular in Japan.......

Old 08-31-2005, 08:55 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by red944
What tires will you use for the top speed test?
Michelin Motorsports has supplied all the tires for KA since day one. I'll let you know what tire they choose when it happens.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Guy
You missed 0-300kph - very popular in Japan.......
Guy, which side of "the Atlantic" is Japan on?

Old 09-02-2005, 09:13 PM
cjv
Spoke to Walt @ HP Coating today. The exhaust valves and springs were shipped to S Car Go Racing yesterday. The motor will be back into the car by Sept. 27th.

Will post pics of the assembly as it progresses.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:48 PM
cjv
I learned something new today while going over the case and the GT1 oil pump. Promise, pics will follow very soon. There is a little bit of machine work involved here.

The name GT1 oil pump is a bit misleading. Yes, this pump was used in the GT1 motor. It was also used in the 935 and the 962 motors. It's hard to believe the cost of this pump alone is as much as a total labor for a rebuild of a 996tt motor.

Old 09-03-2005, 11:35 AM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
ka

chad,
i,ve found your tale of modifying ka an outstanding story. the accompanying photos, comments and explanations have been simply superb. of course many of the 6speed community have been valuable contributors. thanks chad, and of course all of you.
carlos

Old 09-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Kev
Kev is infamous around these parts
Chad,

The whole 6speed world will be standing still on the 27th.

Old 09-03-2005, 11:02 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Kev
Chad,

The whole 6speed world will be standing still on the 27th.
Easy now Kev, the motor will be back in the car ........ not tuned. It will be broken in and tuned on the dyno. "Standing still" will have to wait a few days after KA is delivered down south.

Old 09-03-2005, 11:04 PM
cjv
Re: ka

Originally posted by shonuf
chad,
i,ve found your tale of modifying ka an outstanding story. the accompanying photos, comments and explanations have been simply superb. of course many of the 6speed community have been valuable contributors. thanks chad, and of course all of you.
carlos
Thanks for the kind words shonuf.

Old 09-04-2005, 03:39 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Originally posted by cjv
Guy, which side of "the Atlantic" is Japan on?

Good point. But if your chasing records and starting to compare against other highly-modified 4wd, twin-turbo small capacity engines, then it's the Japs (and also Australians/NZ) that are leading with the Skylines........

Current record on street-tires for a road-legal Skyline is 8.55@166 in NZ. UK record, held by a friend of mine is 9.38@159, but we have only really started to get into 1/4 mile in the UK in the past couple of years or so.

Old 09-04-2005, 08:23 AM
cjv
Originally posted by Guy
Good point. But if your chasing records and starting to compare against other highly-modified 4wd, twin-turbo small capacity engines, then it's the Japs (and also Australians/NZ) that are leading with the Skylines........

Current record on street-tires for a road-legal Skyline is 8.55@166 in NZ. UK record, held by a friend of mine is 9.38@159, but we have only really started to get into 1/4 mile in the UK in the past couple of years or so.
Guy,

I'm pull'in your leg. I have nothing but respect for you. I have no intention of comparing my times or performance to anything but a street 996tt/GT2.

Old 09-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Guy
Originally posted by cjv
Guy,

I'm pull'in your leg. I have nothing but respect for you. I have no intention of comparing my times or performance to anything but a street 996tt/GT2.
Thanks. I knew you were joking, I just wanted to justify the Japan link. I didn't really want to bring the Jap thing into this excellent thread, all my cars are German now afterall, it's just that despite the many wannabes and BS artists in the Jap scene there have been some tremendous achievements!

I just want to see the first 9sec 996TT happen............

Guy

Old 09-04-2005, 05:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Guy
Thanks. I knew you were joking, I just wanted to justify the Japan link. I didn't really want to bring the Jap thing into this excellent thread, all my cars are German now afterall, it's just that despite the many wannabes and BS artists in the Jap scene there have been some tremendous achievements!

Guy
I figure I've got more juice left... somewhere like a 10.4 or 3... but to get 9s I'm going to have to do something more I suspect...

Old 09-04-2005, 09:12 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Guy

Guy
I believe you will see it soon. Todd @ EVO recently assembled an almost 1000 rwhp tt with a GT3 turbo motor. KA with a 4.0+ GT3 turbo motor and nitrous should be there and then some. I suspect alot will have to do with the gearing, transfer clutch and LSD's being employed front and rear.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:08 PM
cjv
Pic of Stock 100 mm (L) and 102 mm steel plasmasil barrels (R).

Last edited by cjv; 05-16-2010 at 09:34 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring