Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 12-20-2005, 11:10 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I just received the best Christmas present possible!

KA will be completed with the GT3 cams and alot sooner than I thought. A friend in another part of the world, who I have not only conversed with but also done business with, revealed the way to make it happen. I simply can't believe it.

I can't reveal details at this time, but if permission is given at a later date I will.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:59 AM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
Isn't the variocam advance limited by the variocam sprockets? I don't understand why the pistons are hitting valves unless the turbo sprocket advances the cam more than the GT3 sprocket. Are you using a GT3 variocam sprocket?
Edit: I guess degreeing in a cam that doesn't have a keyway and isn't marked "correctly" could be a problem.

Last edited by ebaker; 12-21-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:20 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by cjv

KA will be completed with the GT3 cams and alot sooner than I thought. A friend in another part of the world, who I have not only conversed with but also done business with, revealed the way to make it happen. I simply can't believe it.

I can't reveal details at this time, but if permission is given at a later date I will.
You deserve a break after all the emotional rollercoaster ride that this project has been. I hope that it gets done and to your satisfaction. Best of luck.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Kev
Kev is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv

Yes!

Old 12-21-2005, 08:32 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ebaker
Isn't the variocam advance limited by the variocam sprockets? I don't understand why the pistons are hitting valves unless the turbo sprocket advances the cam more than the GT3 sprocket. Are you using a GT3 variocam sprocket?
Edit: I guess degreeing in a cam that doesn't have a keyway and isn't marked "correctly" could be a problem.
ebaker,

The GT3 cam does not utilize vario lift. the GT3 utilizes vario timing.

The pointer markers on the GT3 cam are located in a different position than those on the turbo cam. Finally the degree of advance utilized on the GT3 is different than utilized on the turbo.

I believe the timing advance is controlled by the codes in your ecu.

You simply won't believe the solution. All I can say is Porsche was advanced way beyond their time.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Chad,

This is great news! I'm eagerly awaiting your next update.

Greg A

Old 12-21-2005, 10:40 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
So does that mean you don't need my help anymore??

Glad you worked it out, if you do ever need them again for some reason give me a shout!!
Evan

Old 12-21-2005, 10:47 AM
cjv
Originally posted by AMG ETR
So does that mean you don't need my help anymore??

Glad you worked it out, if you do ever need them again for some reason give me a shout!!
Evan
Evan,

I attempted to get back to you yesterday after I received the information. I left two messages. I greatly appreciate your willingness to help.

What I spoke to you about yesterday is on hold until we test the solution given to us. After I found out about the solution, I had the part shipped out to S Car Go Racing by private jet. We now have our hands on it.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:39 AM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
Any updates?

Old 12-31-2005, 09:13 AM
cjv
Originally posted by red944
Any updates?
We are studying three cam and three ecu options. If we want to stay smog compliant we have to stay with the 996tt ecu. Reason being when they plug into the port it would fail immediately without the proper ecu. I realize it could still fail a visual, however we want to be able to pass the sniffer test.

So where do we go from here? We can use stock 996tt cams, a GT3 exhaust with a 996tt intake, use GT3 cams placing 996tt pointers on the cams (may have to modify as in tone down GT3 intake lift and duration) or find someone who already modified a turbo cam.

We hope to arrive at a decision in a few days.

Old 12-31-2005, 12:35 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I just talked to Todd yesterday about their new cams... I think they're about to be put on the market...

Old 12-31-2005, 03:56 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Sharkster,

Have you installed your powerglide transmission yet?

Old 01-01-2006, 11:26 AM
cjv
Originally posted by sharkster
I just talked to Todd yesterday about their new cams... I think they're about to be put on the market...
sharkster.

A modified exhaust cam is not our problem. The problem is the intake cam. I don't believe they have anything on the intake. I don't know of anyone who has successfully modified the intake with a profile that allows a fast enough ramp down to prevent the piston from smacking the valve.

Old 01-02-2006, 12:11 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by K24madness
Sharkster,

Have you installed your powerglide transmission yet?
Hehe if I ever did that I might well be in the 9s by now instead of the mid 10s I was only ever kidding about doing that. I like the "road course" and "daily driving" part too much to do that... So I have the stock tranny for now...

Old 01-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by cjv
sharkster.

A modified exhaust cam is not our problem. The problem is the intake cam. I don't believe they have anything on the intake. I don't know of anyone who has successfully modified the intake with a profile that allows a fast enough ramp down to prevent the piston from smacking the valve.
Sorry I realized that after posting and reading more You're dealing with intake stuff... Man that does not sound like an easy fit or fix can be found

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring