Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:11 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
Sorry I realized that after posting and reading more You're dealing with intake stuff... Man that does not sound like an easy fit or fix can be found
sharkster,

I believe we are on to a cam solution. I believe we have an answer. Probably a better way of putting it is we will find out when we fire her up and run her. Hopefully, with the timing, the intake valves will just miss the pistons on their down ramp.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:52 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Chad,

This sounds like good news.

Good luck!

Greg A

Old 01-04-2006, 08:31 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Update .............

We have decided to utilize the turbo cams. The reason being with the base lift being left untouched passing smog will be a given. Now, we have sent the stock turbo cams and the GT3 cams to a cam manufacturer. They have profiled both cams giving us each cams lift, durantion, etc. We have told the cam maker the turbo's timing and instructed him to weld/grind the second set of lobes so we will make power to 8100 rpm's. This should take two to three weeks.

There is no guarantees. We still could smack an intake valve. However, if it works we will really have something.

Old 01-05-2006, 08:51 PM
cjv
Just starting to receive specs on these cams and a strange thought came over me. These cars have been around for about five years. Is there anyone out there (I'm sure there must be someone) who knows the profiles?

Old 01-06-2006, 01:47 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
EVO have developed some new cams so they might have some information that might help.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:12 AM
cjv
Originally posted by 03-turbo911
EVO have developed some new cams so they might have some information that might help.
03-turbo911,

Thanks for passing on the info.

Todd has been a big help to us. However, the cam he offers is an exhaust cam, the intake cam is where our difficulties exist. In addition, we have not accumulated enough information to determine weather the intake cam will actually be vario lift or not. Reason being will the vario lift be conducive with the higher rpm's we wish to utilize and will the non vario lift pass a smog test?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:00 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Chad- wouldn't it be worth it to give the Porsche tech people a call so that you can ask all of your crucial and important questions?

I would think they would know the answer to all of your questions because after all, they did design that car and engine!

Old 01-09-2006, 10:19 PM
cjv
Originally posted by rduffyt
Chad- wouldn't it be worth it to give the Porsche tech people a call so that you can ask all of your crucial and important questions?

I would think they would know the answer to all of your questions because after all, they did design that car and engine!
Have you ever tried to get an answer out of Porsche or Porsche MS? It won't happen.............. we've tried.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:22 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by cjv
Have you ever tried to get an answer out of Porsche or Porsche MS? It won't happen.

Honestly, have you ever tried to get ahold of any of them? I obviously don't have a reason to

I am sure, given what you are trying to acomplish, they would be more than glad to help you out!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:38 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Chad,

Kevin wasn't able to help you with the camshafts?

Greg A

Old 01-10-2006, 11:56 AM
cjv
Originally posted by teflon
Chad,

Kevin wasn't able to help you with the camshafts?

Greg A
Kevin was able to help on some spec info, but not on a specific cam.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:25 PM
cjv
We now have what we believe to be the cam shafts for KA. S Car Go Racing will start the mock up and pump the motor tomorrow. Then we will test to be sure the pistons and valves do not meet at full advance.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Croatian Sensation
brab is infamous around these parts
Chad, I don't know if you mentioned it already but I really don't feel like scrolling through 118 pages , what's the HP output that you'd be satisfied with when KA is done???

Old 01-13-2006, 03:41 PM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
I'm NOT Chad, obviously,

but I think he Expects somewhere in the 4-digit region,

with the 2nd # not being 0!

Old 01-13-2006, 05:01 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
cjv, is there any reason why you couldnt have upgraded just pistons, bearings and rods with rod bolts... and then designed a custom single turbo setup with a matching fuel system to achieve your goal? it seems to me like you could have achieved your goals with a big enough turbo and a lot of boost. Do you honestly think the motor wouldnt hold up under moderate build up or is it more a case of you'd rather be safe than sorry?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring