Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:05 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by cjv
Does anyone have a larger MAF that flows 27% more? Or for that matter just a larger MAF? No, the little Boxster retro doesn't qualify.

In the next two weeks we are going to be installing a few radical new parts.
Call Todd at Protomotive, he has put together a new MAF and it works.

Marc996Miami-

The program on my ECU allows the car to hook in every gear..so CJV's with his suspension setup as well as the Protomotive ECU program should definetly hook in every gear...at least up to 1100AWHP.

Last edited by VRAlexander; 03-05-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:38 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
as if what has been done already isn't considered radical this project is really awe-inspiring, the stuff automotive dreams are made of, and i look forward to each update! good luck with whatever you're working on and please continue to update us in detail, i think i speak for many when i say your developments do not go unappreciated. the heads and intakes look awesome. did you decide which turbos to go?
Kev,

We are still exploring the turbo question. K24maddness has some interesting ideas and I really want to drive VR Alexander's monster.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:41 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Call Todd at Protomotive, he has put together a new MAF and it works.

Marc996Miami-

The program on my ECU allows the car to hook in every gear..so CJV's with his suspension setup as well as the Protomotive ECU program should definetly hook in every gear...at least up to 1100AWHP.
Boy Alex, you really know how to setup a guy for a big fall. But thanks for all the confidence and kind words.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:07 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cjv
Does anyone have a larger MAF that flows 27% more?
Yes the one I told you about will work. I have another option I am working on as well.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:37 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by K24madness
Yes the one I told you about will work. I have another option I am working on as well.
Tom,

Your help has been invaluable and much appreciated.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:01 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by cjv
Boy Alex, you really know how to setup a guy for a big fall. But thanks for all the confidence and kind words.
Chad,
You might not be analysing your vehicle in the way that I am. Maybe it is because you have been involved with her for so long, then again it could be because it is finally coming to fruition and you dont know what to expect??? We let me tell you a brief synopsis from my (outside) perspective: YOU WILL HAVE THE ULTIMATE 3.8 LITER 996TT ON THE PLANET!!!! I believe that you have two things left to do: 1) a pair of GT40R'S and 2) Todd Knighton's program. Don't get me wrong, I love the guys at GIAC, but your car will have to have EXTENSIVE ecu mods to make her a daily driver. This is from startup to 8200 RPM's and everywhere in between. You are going to have the ABS computer re-programmed as well as the PSM done correctly in order for a complete symbiotic relationship. You dont want to have to worry about MAF and plug changes every couple of thousand miles. Todd programmed my car for six friggin months......the outcome was as I expected!!

With that said, I am not setting you up for failure, but giving you the reality...

Last edited by VRAlexander; 03-06-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Chad,
You might not be analysing your vehicle in the way that I am. Maybe it is because you have been involved with her for so long, then again it could be because it is finally coming to fruition and you dont know what to expect??? We let me tell you a brief synopsis from my (outside) perspective: YOU WILL HAVE THE ULTIMATE 3.8 LITER 996TT ON THE PLANET!!!! I believe that you have two things left to do: 1) a pair of GT40R'S and 2) Todd Knighton's program. Don't get me wrong, I love the guys at GIAC, but your car will have to have EXTENSIVE ecu mods to make her a daily driver. This is from startup to 8200 RPM's and everywhere in between. You are going to have the ABS computer re-programmed as well as the PSM done correctly in order for a complete symbiotic relationship. You dont want to have to worry about MAF and plug changes every couple of thousand miles. Todd programmed my car for six friggin months......the outcome was as I expected!!

With that said, I am not setting you up for failure, but giving you the reality...
How many miles have you put on your car since the Protmotive makeover?

Old 03-06-2006, 08:44 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by Porscheboy16
How many miles have you put on your car since the Protmotive makeover?
To date the car has 7655 miles since the makeover.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Chad - I assumed you would be using a MAP vs. MAF.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:55 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by Zippy
Chad - I assumed you would be using a MAP vs. MAF.
Mike,

It is a 27% larger MAF housing.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:09 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
Mike,

It is a 27% larger MAF housing.
- Interesting.

Chad, you must be looking at the Garret GT37 series turbos at a minimum, based on the specs outlined on http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...ochargers.html

Old 03-08-2006, 02:12 AM
cjv
Mike,

I posted a pic for you (hope you got to see it) but I had to delete. If you want I can e-mail one to you.

Last edited by cjv; 03-08-2006 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:13 AM
I saw it. Very Shiney! Will this be widely available soon?

Old 03-08-2006, 10:20 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by Zippy
I saw it. Very Shiney! Will this be widely available soon?
Mike, it is currently available. Wait a bit and we can give you some solid real life feedback.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:02 PM
cjv
Here is some information for anyone who is interested about the stock 996tt intake cams.

Lift is .402" secondary cam lobe .118"

Duration .040 234 degrees .050 230 degrees

secondary cam duration .040 128 degrees .050 120 degrees

cam base circle 1.378

As a side note we have proven these cams will make power to 7500 rpm's.

Last edited by cjv; 03-09-2006 at 12:47 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring