Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:20 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Update:

We have encountered further delays. It has to do with the cams. We decided to send the stock 996tt cams, GT3 street cams, GT3 Cup cams and GT3 R cams to a very famous cam builder to profile and come up with opinions/suggestions.

What we learned was staggering and extremely interesting. I am unable at this time to divulge the findings other than to say that with this information we will be grinding our own profile (intakes and exhausts) from our own blanks.

I believe I can safely say the new product will offer a new height of performance for all of us. We believe this detour will set us back to sometime in May, however it will be worth it.

Last edited by cjv; 03-10-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:27 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cjv
Update:

We have encountered further delays. It has to do with the cams. We decided to send the stock 996tt cams, GT3 street cams, GT3 Cup cams and GT3 R cams to a very famous cam builder to profile and come up with opinions/suggestions.

What we learned was staggering and extremely interesting. I am unable at this time to divulge the findings other than to say that with this information we will be grinding our own profile (intakes and exhausts) from our own blanks.

I believe I can safely say the new product will offer a new height of performance for all of us. We believe this detour will set us back to sometime in May, however it will be worth it.
Very worth while detour indeed. I retract my earlier comments after getting some additional information from Rob.

Old 03-13-2006, 08:56 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K24madness
Very worth while detour indeed. I retract my earlier comments after getting some additional information from Rob.
K24madness,

A few people have used the GT3 exhaust cams in the turbo motor. To my knowledge no one has changed the intake cams. This is an area where the research is expensive (lift/durantion/head flow/timing/variable vs non variable lift and variable vs non variable timing) and the potential for engine damage can and has proven to be very expensive as in bent intake valves).

We have spent the money and solved the inherent problems. We have discovered the limits to which the intake and exhaust lobes can be taken to in the areas of power and longevity. The turbo and NA cams require different profiles relating to cam design. It has to do with valve train harmonics (how you ramp up to and down from the lift).

Like I said earlier, this work is a big step for the 996tt motors and their power/reponsiveness. Those who are considering opening up their motors will be following once the cat is out of the bag.

Last edited by cjv; 03-13-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
cjv

I believe our MAF problems are now history. This should be good for at least 1000 trouble free hp.

Last edited by cjv; 03-14-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Chad - That sounds great. Who's selling that bad boy?

Old 03-14-2006, 03:58 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv

I believe our MAF problems are now history. This should be good for at least 1000 trouble free hp.
Very interesting! How much? Where? When?

Old 03-14-2006, 08:41 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Very interesting! How much? Where? When?
I am hearing just over $500.00. S Car Go Racing will have all tests done in two weeks. We just want to be sure.

Question: Why does most of the breaking news regarding 996tt's come out first on 6speedonline?

Last edited by cjv; 03-14-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by cjv

Protomotives latest software that Alex has sounds very promising. It is going into the GT2 at SCARGO. It is a kit with MAF housing, injectors and software. We will all get a feel for it real soon. That car has the same turbos that you do. It will give you an idea of what to expect for boost response. Of course the power will be nowhere near as close!!

Last edited by cjv; 03-15-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 AM
cjv

Protomotives latest software that Alex has sounds very promising. It is going into the GT2 at SCARGO. It is a kit with MAF housing, injectors and software. We will all get a feel for it real soon. That car has the same turbos that you do. It will give you an idea of what to expect for boost response. Of course the power will be nowhere near as close!!
K24madness,

I still like your impellar idea for my compressor side turbo's. As for staying with the GT30R's or going with GT35R's or GT40R's, I believe this decision will be made through an engine dyno. I am strongly leaning towards the engine dyno because the information obtained would answer alot of questions.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by cjv
K24madness,

I still like your impellar idea for my compressor side turbo's. As for staying with the GT30R's or going with GT35R's or GT40R's, I believe this decision will be made through an engine dyno. I am strongly leaning towards the engine dyno because the information obtained would answer alot of questions.
Chad,

We still need to sit down to talk. I will show you things that will backup all of the statements I have made. I am about to make yet another turbo change. I have changed only the compressor side all three times. You can see on the dyno and the road how these changes affected the powerband. As I have told you before it did not affect spool time.

Set aside the time to make the trip up north. I assure you it will be worth your time. Wednesday of this week looks good for me.

Tom

Old 03-18-2006, 06:51 PM
cjv
Chad,

We still need to sit down to talk. I will show you things that will backup all of the statements I have made. I am about to make yet another turbo change. I have changed only the compressor side all three times. You can see on the dyno and the road how these changes affected the powerband. As I have told you before it did not affect spool time.

Set aside the time to make the trip up north. I assure you it will be worth your time. Wednesday of this week looks good for me.

Tom
Tom,

I have been waiting for Rob to tell me he has the cams back to make a trip back up there. I think I've seen KA once in the last year.

Last edited by cjv; 03-18-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Is this car still a work in progress :O ??? The 998 TT will be out by the time its done lol.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:41 PM
cjv
It's kind of like graciously getting old. Just don't make fun of her or she will beat you with her cane.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:57 PM
cjv
I just noticed that 986host is back online and so are all my old pics.

Old 03-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Rex0071% is infamous around these parts
can you post the pics here???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring