Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:30 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by schmick325
can you post the pics here???
What pics would you like to see?

Old 03-25-2006, 11:41 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
VRAlexander,

I've tried to contact you by phone, but your box if full. If you see this, Rob says it is raining at his place so we won't be able to test drive your monster. Call me.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:45 PM
cjv
It's been a liitle boring lately. Well. this is about to change. The intake and exhaust cam profiles have been settled on and the cams are being made. We should have them in our possession sometime next week.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:48 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Any confirmation on this MAF thing working? What exactly is different other than the housing being "larger"? I thought the thing to do would be to "control" the voltage spikes in the first place. I had an idea of basically taking two MAF's splitting the duty between two but that would mean reworking the intake a bit etc... I believe this has been done on Supras and such.

I'm going to be drag racing a bunch of cars with high HP kits this friday so if there's ANY way I can get one in time to take with me to Arizona and test (I'd be happy to buy it) on a few of those that'd be great?

That would be a good proving ground. Cars with about a 1/4 of a tank of gas or less and heavy loads for short bursts (that's the correlation I got for killing MAF's) on anything 700 hp and above.

Last edited by sharkster; 03-30-2006 at 03:51 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:24 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by sharkster
Any confirmation on this MAF thing working? What exactly is different other than the housing being "larger"? I thought the thing to do would be to "control" the voltage spikes in the first place. I had an idea of basically taking two MAF's splitting the duty between two but that would mean reworking the intake a bit etc... I believe this has been done on Supras and such.

I'm going to be drag racing a bunch of cars with high HP kits this friday so if there's ANY way I can get one in time to take with me to Arizona and test (I'd be happy to buy it) on a few of those that'd be great?

That would be a good proving ground. Cars with about a 1/4 of a tank of gas or less and heavy loads for short bursts (that's the correlation I got for killing MAF's) on anything 700 hp and above.
I haven't tried it on KA yet, but other's have and they work fine. Should be trying it on KA in about three weeks.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:39 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
I haven't tried it on KA yet, but other's have and they work fine. Should be trying it on KA in about three weeks.
I'm not sure there's anyway to get one to try out on Friday (i'll do like 20 back to back runs). I might not be the fastest but I'll try doing 20 10 second runs in a row! Now beat that lol!

Old 03-31-2006, 09:35 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by sharkster
I'm not sure there's anyway to get one to try out on Friday (i'll do like 20 back to back runs). I might not be the fastest but I'll try doing 20 10 second runs in a row! Now beat that lol!
Alex,

For you personally no problem. If there will be others around where it has a chance of being copied then it will have to wait a bit longer.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:50 AM
cjv
It's been awhile since we have had any developments. Nothing real exciting, but information worth knowing. The heads are currently being assembled. We received a call saying the lifters don't fit in the cam housings we sent. I knew the turbo cam housings were different than the GT3 cam housings but I didn't know the GT3 cam housings were different from the GT3 Cup cam housings and furthermore the GT3 Cup utilizes two different cam housings ...........2003 and earlier and 2004, 2005.

We utilized the 2004,2005 Cup design which in addition to having a half moon top versus a flat top lifter also utilizes buckets (lifters) with a different diameter. Needless to say we sent the wrong cam housings and the correct ones are on the way.

Hope to have the assembled heads back at S Car Go Racing after Easter.

Last edited by cjv; 04-12-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:24 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
It sure been a long time since any updates were posted. Have you made a decision as to which turbo you'd be going with?

Old 04-13-2006, 11:21 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
It sure been a long time since any updates were posted. Have you made a decision as to which turbo you'd be going with?
03-turbo911,

We haven't made a decision, I am still waiting for a clear day to drive VRAlexander's car to evaluate the turbo's. Whatever we decide on they will have to be very responsive. We will not forego response for top end power.

KA isn't being assembled as an all out drag car. She is being assembled foremost for handling. We don't want the power to compromise the handling aspect. When finished we believe she will be in a league of her own as far as street handling. Just to give you a sneak peak. The JRZ four way adjustables are nice but KA's JRZ's will be instantly adjustable from the drivers seat as will the swaybars. Yes, on the fly adjustment. The front wheel carriers will be from the RSR. The stopping power will make other systems pale by comparison. The front wheels will be 11 inches and the rears will be 13 inches. Yes, we will be doing a slight flare of the fenders. The brakes are all being replaced with slightly larger brakes that will be about five times lighter than the present setup. In addition the ABS and slave cylinder is being replaced with the Cup ABS and cylinder.

One thing I have learned a long time ago is alot of power is great providing the suspension caan handle it. A 900 hp car without the proper suspension will actually be slower than a 600 hp car around the track or twisties.

Anyone have an interest in some slightly used sway bars, brakes, wheels and JRZ's?

Last edited by cjv; 04-13-2006 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:26 PM
dwishen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cjv
Anyone have an interest in some slightly used sway bars, brakes, wheels and JRZ's?
Chad,

I might have some interest.

BTW, can you see about having my old account manually re-activated. I sent Ryan an e-mail but haven't heard back. My account hasn't worked since the site redesign, and my new one (this one) took forever to get activated. My original account info, and the one I'd like to use is:

Username: DMW
e-mail: dmwishen @ hotmail dot com - I'm not sure what my e-mail was that I used to establish the account, but I'm currently using the hotmail.

Thanks,

David

Old 04-13-2006, 03:35 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
[quote=cjv]
One thing I have learned a long time ago is alot of power is great providing the suspension caan handle it. A 900 hp car without the proper suspension will actually be slower than a 600 hp car around the track or twisties.

[quote]

I totally agree with your point as expressed here. I remember riding in a CTR yellow bird around 1989 and thinking how scary it felt to be in a car that had inadequate Dunlop Denloc tires. A few years later I rode in a friend's McLaren F1 and it felt so safe and serene being driven in that bullet. The difference was that, at the time, the McLaren's awesome engine was balanced by brakes and suspension optimized to be able to handle the power being laid down.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:55 AM
cjv
Craig...... Brembo Free Floaters MS
350 mm rears

380 mm fronts

David, probably won't be available for a couple of months or when the new system arrives.

Last edited by cjv; 04-14-2006 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
CJV; please keep me in mind for the JRZ's. I might as well buy another couple of things from good ol' KA!

Incidentally couldn't agree more on the balance issue. Ultimate horsepower doesn't always win, it's getting it to the ground and the driver that are also very important. Experience is also huge.

On the same subject, getting a car set-up on your own is highly difficult. There are so many subtleties involved. It always helps to try to emulate a successful set-up as at least a starting off point.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Five Times!

Wait a minute, wait a minute! Did I just read that the new brake set-up will be FIVE times lighter? You must be going to something other than metal of almost any kind.........carbon? Ceramic?...........Porcelin?...........Unobtanium?

I gotta see this one!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring