Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:50 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Larger than 380's? Hmm wonder what's in store for KA.

Old 04-16-2006, 03:03 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Larger than 380's? Hmm wonder what's in store for KA.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:02 PM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
Chad when is this expected to be up and running? I would be disapointed if you went with anything less then the largest turbos available.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:12 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JarodL
Chad when is this expected to be up and running? I would be disapointed if you went with anything less then the largest turbos available.
Jarod,

Whatever size pistons we settle on ............... I doubt if another street legal 996tt or GT2 (with same driver) will obtain a better time at any track such as Infineron, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca or Thunder Hill. If anyone thinks otherwise, let me know and we can set up a little test.

Last edited by cjv; 04-18-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:06 PM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cjv
Jarod,

Whatever size pistons we settle on ............... I doubt if another street legal 996tt or GT2 (with same driver) will obtain a better time at any track such as Infineron, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca or Thunder Hill. If anyone thinks otherwise, let me know and we can set up a little test.

So when is the expected completion date?

Old 04-18-2006, 10:45 PM
cjv
So when is the expected completion date?
I've given up predicting. Considering they built the cams for the pre 2004 lifters/cam housings and are now doing it again for the 2004/05 Cup lifters/cam housings (unfortunately they are really different) I hope to see them in about a week.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:35 AM
dwishen is infamous around these parts
Chad,

Glad to see you've regained your enthusiasm for KA. A couple of months ago it seemed as if you were at your wit's end (understandably so) and ready to pack up the project. Best of luck along the way, it's nice to hear that things are progressing, and I have a feeling you are more than half-way there .

BTW, any word on getting my original username (DMW) back in action.

Thanks,

David

Old 04-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
I've given up predicting. Considering they built the cams for the pre 2004 lifters/cam housings and are now doing it again for the 2004/05 Cup lifters/cam housings (unfortunately they are really different) I hope to see them in about a week.
A month, two months, a year? Are all of the pieces there beside the cams? At this point I would think assembly could be finished within 1-2 weeks and then you just have tuning?

Old 04-19-2006, 11:04 PM
cjv
A month, two months, a year? Are all of the pieces there beside the cams? At this point I would think assembly could be finished within 1-2 weeks and then you just have tuning?
All the pieces are here except the cams. Then assembly of two weeks would be about right. THen the tuning and about a 60K mod to the handling area. The handling mods will take about a month.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:48 AM
dwishen is infamous around these parts
HOLY CRAP!!! 60K more in handling mods? What all does this entail (wide body, new brakes, wheels and tires, etc...)? What would it take to put air-jacks in the car?

Old 04-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Do the Alzen bodykit while your at it.

If you've seen the films of it at action, there's no need to say no...

From carfreaks.net:

I'm sure there are some cars in the States with that kit, but check out for example www.dp-motorsport.de for contact info if needed...

Old 04-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
And some more with the older wing

Old 04-20-2006, 08:36 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Is the cam situation cleared up now?

Old 04-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
All the pieces are here except the cams. Then assembly of two weeks would be about right. THen the tuning and about a 60K mod to the handling area. The handling mods will take about a month.
Why hasn't the handling mod been worked on while the car was sitting there without the engine?

I have followed the development of your car from the begining, and maybe I am taking this the wrong way, but if I were you I would have lost it with S Car Go by now.

I realize the amount of time and energy it takes in a project like this, but for the amount of money you have spent, your car should take priority above anything else they have in their shop.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:18 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by ZLP
Is the cam situation cleared up now?
Yes. it is.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring