Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:22 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JarodL
Why hasn't the handling mod been worked on while the car was sitting there without the engine?

I have followed the development of your car from the begining, and maybe I am taking this the wrong way, but if I were you I would have lost it with S Car Go by now.

I realize the amount of time and energy it takes in a project like this, but for the amount of money you have spent, your car should take priority above anything else they have in their shop.
Jarod,

S Car Go has actually been doing a great job. There are things that they simply can't control. Things just keep changing. .............. Besides, I have plenty of other things to keep me busy.

As for the suspension. We will change things one at a time, take it to Infineron for some tests and then change another item. We need to have the car running with the desired power for this.

Last edited by cjv; 04-21-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:23 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
just checking in to say hi!

hope you get this thing done soon

Old 04-21-2006, 10:29 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rduffyt

rduffyt,

Me too. Haven't spoken with Rob @ S Car Go Racing since Monday. I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Old 04-22-2006, 05:45 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by WISHEN
HOLY CRAP!!! 60K more in handling mods? What all does this entail (wide body, new brakes, wheels and tires, etc...)? What would it take to put air-jacks in the car?
David,

All the above, a little more but no air jacks.

Brakes that are way lighter and the GT3 Cup ABS/accuator. These Cup parts make the braking about 100 times quicker than the 996 system. This is no exaggeration. The lighter brakes will gain better feel. In addition, the four way JRZ's and the sway bar will be able to be "trimmed" on the fly while entering the turns.

I guess one of the most radical changes will be the front end which will get new uprights/hangers capable of utilizing the GT3R front hubs.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:45 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by rduffyt

Nah, not before the 150,000th view.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:09 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Nah, not before the 150,000th view.
How many views do you think the picture of me eating a shark werks hat will get? That alone is worth speeding up the project!

Old 04-24-2006, 05:39 PM
VRAlexander
.....and introducing the hat....
Name:  Sharkey's hat.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  10.9 KB

At least this way it will be a win-win situation amoung friends!

Old 04-24-2006, 06:28 PM
cjv
I just received some very interesting information. One reagrding throttle bodies and the other re seats.

The new 996 GT3 is using a 82 mm TB. Yes, that is 6 mm larger than the 76 mm currently being used on the GT3 and yes we can use it on our 996's. Unfortunately it is not larger than 90 mm so it is no help to KA, but to everyone else your 76 mm TB's are now obsolete.

Regarding seats . The new GT3 racing seats look exactly like the CGT seats and yes they will fit in our 996tt's. It looks like the old GT3 seats are on their way out. These new seats are exactly what I have been looking for. I should have mine in three weeks.

Old 04-24-2006, 06:47 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
.....and introducing the hat....
Attachment 32106

At least this way it will be a win-win situation amoung friends!
Hey, now wait one second. I just received a call from sharkster. What is he eating? .........

Old 04-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Chad - is the shiny MAF ready for the masses? Can you tell me a little about it? I'm dieing here waiting for a reliable solution.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:48 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Hey, now wait one second. I just received a call from sharkster. What is he eating? .........
LOL I'm eating a banana and some key lime pie. I made some Pasta and sat down to watch the Sopranos. I'm all "car'd" out

Old 04-27-2006, 05:49 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
I just received some very interesting information. One reagrding throttle bodies and the other re seats.

The new 996 GT3 is using a 82 mm TB. Yes, that is 6 mm larger than the 76 mm currently being used on the GT3 and yes we can use it on our 996's. Unfortunately it is not larger than 90 mm so it is no help to KA, but to everyone else your 76 mm TB's are now obsolete.

Regarding seats . The new GT3 racing seats look exactly like the CGT seats and yes they will fit in our 996tt's. It looks like the old GT3 seats are on their way out. These new seats are exactly what I have been looking for. I should have mine in three weeks.
CJV,
Sportec newly designed DUAL TBs specifically designed for high HP 996TT is perfect for your application.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:24 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by vincentdds
CJV,
Sportec newly designed DUAL TBs specifically designed for high HP 996TT is perfect for your application.
vincentdds

Do you have any information on this intake manifold? We looked at dual TB's but were not able to overcome the fly by wire problems with the accelerator.

Last edited by cjv; 04-27-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Chad, I'm hungry for some hats! Are we there yet!?

Old 04-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Porscha is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cjv
vincentdds

Do you have any information on this intake manifold? We looked at dual TB's but were not able to overcome the fly by wire problems with the accelerator.
I have spoken to Sportec about this. They use their own cast inlets on the SPR1 car - one for each bank. It uses twin injectors and twin TB's. However, they will not sell these parts! They did offer me an engine for £60k though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring