Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:40 AM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
i just read that the throttle body in the 997 gt3 is 82mm. so, next to cjv's 90mm, this may be the most available large tb.

Old 05-06-2006, 09:33 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shonuf
i just read that the throttle body in the 997 gt3 is 82mm. so, next to cjv's 90mm, this may be the most available large tb.
They are getting closer.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:12 PM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
What is the latest on the development?

Do you have the cams back? Is the engine assembled? Can you start piecing together the suspension yet?

I imagine it is getting nice out there, you must be itching to drive it.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:05 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JarodL
What is the latest on the development?

Do you have the cams back? Is the engine assembled? Can you start piecing together the suspension yet?

I imagine it is getting nice out there, you must be itching to drive it.
Jarod,

No, we don't have the cams back yet. You know how that goes. The cam builder built the cams for the pre 2004 lifters and not the 2004/2005 lifters. Even though we sent the lifters and cam housings. I guess he wasn't aware that Porsche made a change. That translates to a direct dollar loss for him and having the correct cam made will take a little longer.

We have not done any assembling on the suspension. This will be a part install and track test project. We want to know exactly what each part brings to the table as to the lap time.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:56 AM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cjv
Jarod,

No, we don't have the cams back yet. You know how that goes. The cam builder built the cams for the pre 2004 lifters and not the 2004/2005 lifters. Even though we sent the lifters and cam housings. I guess he wasn't aware that Porsche made a change. That translates to a direct dollar loss for him and having the correct cam made will take a little longer.

We have not done any assembling on the suspension. This will be a part install and track test project. We want to know exactly what each part brings to the table as to the lap time.
So are the cams the only thing you are waiting for now? When do you expect him to have the new set back? It shouldn't take more then a day or two to grind a new profile?

Old 05-10-2006, 09:51 PM
cjv
So are the cams the only thing you are waiting for now? When do you expect him to have the new set back? It shouldn't take more then a day or two to grind a new profile?
To my knowledge the cams are the only part we are waiting for. I don't know how long it takes to make a cam. I spoke to Rob @ S Car Go Racing today. I told him to inform the cam maker that if we don't have the cams by next week to tell him to forget the job ............... I would no longer be interested in dealing with him.

Jarod, the car has been on a lift since February 2004. The car is just an object (toy) which in all honesty unless I am on this board, I really don't give it much thought. I'd like to see it finished. I guess the worst thing that could happen at this point is I just lose all interest and forget about it.

Last edited by cjv; 05-10-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by cjv
To my knowledge the cams are the only part we are waiting for. I don't know how long it takes to make a cam. I spoke to Rob @ S Car Go Racing today. I told him to inform the cam maker that if we don't have the cams by next week to tell him to forget the job ............... I would no longer be interested in dealing with him.

Jarod, the car has been on a lift since February 2004. The car is just an object (toy) which in all honesty unless I am on this board, I really don't give it much thought. I'd like to see it finished. I guess the worst thing that could happen at this point is I just lose all interest and forget about it.
Cams to my knowledge do not take weeks to make, days at most.

I think your patience with this project is more remarkable then the car. I would have lost it a long time ago even with other toys to keep me busy.

I stopped tinkering with cars because I have never found a tuner that was completely straightforward or a car that didn't have problems as far as major modifications go. I know it is the name of the game to break things once you start changing them, but I would rather enjoy the car in a relatively stock form for a short period of time, and then move on to something else.

It amazes me that an industry can be riddled with crooks and nothing can be done about it.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:30 PM
cjv
Cams to my knowledge do not take weeks to make, days at most.

I think your patience with this project is more remarkable then the car. I would have lost it a long time ago even with other toys to keep me busy.

I stopped tinkering with cars because I have never found a tuner that was completely straightforward or a car that didn't have problems as far as major modifications go. I know it is the name of the game to break things once you start changing them, but I would rather enjoy the car in a relatively stock form for a short period of time, and then move on to something else.

It amazes me that an industry can be riddled with crooks and nothing can be done about it.
Jarod,

The people I am dealing with are definitely slow........... however under no circumstances are they crooks. If anything they have put money out of their own pocket on this project. That may be why they have been on the slow side.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:18 PM
cjv
Hmmmm, it is still alive. I believe I see movement! This is amazing.

The cams were shipped to the head shop for determination of final springs (we just happen to have three different sets of coated springs there).

Now all they have to do is assembly. Nah ................ it can't be all that easy. It just so happens our valves are a little larger than the GT3R valves and the valve stems also just happen to be a little larger........................
you guessed it, we need different retainers. Not a big problem, we are now having a set of titanium retainers made.

Last edited by cjv; 05-13-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:21 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
how is anyone at a head shop going to have any idea what the hell you are tlking about? I thought they only sold glass pipes and patouli?

**end threadjack**

Old 05-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
This is by far the greatest hoax on the internet, EVER!

Old 05-19-2006, 05:27 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by Life Dies
This is by far the greatest hoax on the internet, EVER!

and it took you this long to figure it out!

Old 05-27-2006, 09:55 PM
cjv
Everything was mocked up this week. Now the cams are going back to the cam builder for the marking points. What we will now have is high performance GT3 cams without any harmonic distortion which will be compatable with the 996tt ECU.

These cams have really got the attention of some people. We have two tuners/builders, a head shop and a cam grinder who all want to share the cam development costs for rights to sell/use these puppies.

One last tid bit, we are utilizing head rings al la 993tt to seal the heads. Anyone want to guess what boost this setup will be capable of running?

It looks like early July will make for a realistic road test.

Last edited by cjv; 05-27-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:36 AM
Sheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv

It looks like early July 2010 will make for a realistic road test.

sweet

I will get windows vista and get to see the fastest 911 ever on the same day

Old 05-28-2006, 05:46 AM
VRAlexander
Chad...what about Head-studs???? The factory studs nor the EVO head studs are capable of holding the heads down at 'high-volume' boost levels that a pair of GT35R or GT40R is capable of producing (above 2bar)... Are you having ARP build you new 'high-tensile' stud set-up????? If so, they should have my spec sheet on file.... I am looking forward for this missile being on the roads of Northern Cali soon!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring