Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
CJV,

Will KA still be Arctic or are you repainting her to some other color?

Thx.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:07 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
You're making a set.... unreal! I think you should be applying for manufacturer's status and get a custom VIN for KA!
Ask me about it after we are done. If I believe what they tell me, it's really not that difficult.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:08 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Phoenix
CJV,

Will KA still be Arctic or are you repainting her to some other color?

Thx.
KA will be repainted the same color .............. Metalic Arctic Silver.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:14 AM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
When does the 997 Turbo project start?

Old 11-29-2006, 09:47 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by JarodL
When does the 997 Turbo project start?
The 997 Turbo project will start when the 996 Turbo project is complete or when we find a 997 Turbo that can beat KA.

I just wish Porsche would build a car that I like.

Jarod ....... you are killing me.

Last edited by cjv; 11-29-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:21 AM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cjv
The 997 Turbo project will start when the 996 Turbo project is complete or when we find a 997 Turbo that can beat KA.

I just wish Porsche would build a car that I like.

Jarod ....... you are killing me.
I am just glad to hear this project is finally starting to come to fruition.

997 Turbo seems kind of pointless since you would end up building an engine/turbo/suspension setup which I would imagine would be very similiar to KA.

BUT, if you were looking for something to tinker with, how about a N/A project (Carerra GT).

Old 11-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JarodL
I am just glad to hear this project is finally starting to come to fruition.

997 Turbo seems kind of pointless since you would end up building an engine/turbo/suspension setup which I would imagine would be very similiar to KA.

BUT, if you were looking for something to tinker with, how about a N/A project (Carerra GT).
I think the CGT is perfect from the factory, imo. Maybe something that is a little blander, like a Carrera...that would be intresting...

Old 11-29-2006, 06:36 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by Chasen1211
I think the CGT is perfect from the factory, imo. Maybe something that is a little blander, like a Carrera...that would be intresting...
The CGT is fun to mess around with....I did Intake/Exhaust/ECU/NOS and some suspension work...and its a whole new monster...I can't imagine if Chad applied what he did with KA to a CGT.......although Todd is looking into doing a twin turbo GT45 system for me in the spring...

Old 11-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
The CGT is fun to mess around with....I did Intake/Exhaust/ECU/NOS and some suspension work...and its a whole new monster...I can't imagine if Chad applied what he did with KA to a CGT.......although Todd is looking into doing a twin turbo GT45 system for me in the spring...
GT45 is NUTS!!! that would be an awsome project...keep us posted on that one!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 01:25 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by Chasen1211
GT45 is NUTS!!! that would be an awsome project...keep us posted on that one!!!
Chasen1211,

The turbo's would be the easy part. You would need stronger cylinder walls and longer rods to eliminate stress to the cylinder walls. In addition different pistons which need to be stronger in addition to having a lower compression. Then, you need cams/tappets that are designed for a turbo (and have the same metal make up) in regards to lift and duration. A turbo can profile is much different thean a NA can profile. The ECU would have challenges, the fuel sytsem would need to be changed and the oil system modified.

This would cost more than the car.

Last edited by cjv; 12-01-2006 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:36 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by cjv
Chasen1211,

The turbo's would be the easy part. You would need stronger cylinder walls and longer rods to eliminate stress to the cylinder walls. In addition different pistons which need to be stronger in addition to having a lower compression. Then, you need cams/tappets that are designed for a turbo (and have the same metal make up) in regards to lift and duration. A turbo can profile is much different thean a NA can profile. The ECU would have challenges, the fuel sytsem would need to be changed and the oil system modified.

This would cost more than the car.
Not completely true...Porsche GHMB (Factory) just finished the V-10 long block with 8.62:1 pistons and all the turbo charging mods to the Engine (top and bottom)....good for twin GT-45's at 3bar and 11,000RPM's....all for Way under 100K...helps to know the right people...

Old 12-01-2006, 09:31 AM
dbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond repute
3 bar and 11K? Yikes.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:22 PM
cjv
Not completely true...Porsche GHMB (Factory) just finished the V-10 long block with 8.62:1 pistons and all the turbo charging mods to the Engine (top and bottom)....good for twin GT-45's at 3bar and 11,000RPM's....all for Way under 100K...helps to know the right people...
Alex,

Something isn't adding up. A Porsche V-10 with it's displacement/head flow simply wouldn't need three bar. Heck, it would have 1200 hp at one bar if built properly. It seems the 45's would be overboosting well before three bar.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:52 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by cjv
Alex,

Something isn't adding up. A Porsche V-10 with it's displacement/head flow simply wouldn't need three bar. Heck, it would have 1200 hp at one bar if built properly. It seems the 45's would be overboosting well before three bar.

You are correct in terms of around 1200hp at one bar....however you know my appetite for hp...the motor would be capable of 3bar....and given the CID of the engine....if you look at the compressor map of the the GT4508R's you will see that they are a perfect match for the V10!! The other thing to think about is NOS???

Old 12-01-2006, 08:16 PM
cjv
You are correct in terms of around 1200hp at one bar....however you know my appetite for hp...the motor would be capable of 3bar....and given the CID of the engine....if you look at the compressor map of the the GT4508R's you will see that they are a perfect match for the V10!! The other thing to think about is NOS???
That would be 2000-2200 hp. Would the case/block/cylinders hold up for very long?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring