Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:32 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rduffyt
Looking good. Can't ignore the amazing fabrication work!

Couple of quick questions--what is the scheduled first drive date as of right now? How many miles are you expecting to put on the vehicle each year (street or track)? Also, how often are you expecting to have to do rebuilds (re: the engine)? Hopefully not too often considering how much time and effort has been required to get it to where its at today...but at least you'll have a much better idea on what needs to be done.

Take care
rduffyt,

I am trying to have he car completed by the end of August. I just got back from Monaco and was expecting S Car Go to have shipped all the parts to Performance Developments.

Wishful thinking. I just spoke with Neil and he doesn't have the 2.5 mm llner housing shims. I just don't get it. I was gone for two weeks and all the parts should have been there over ten days ago.

I spoke with Rob and he is calling Neil right now. What is wrong with this picture?

Driving the car ......... maybe 5000 miles a year. I will tear it down and inspect and reassemble every two to three years.

Last edited by cjv; 07-28-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:24 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Nice to see you back Chad, I was wondering where you were hiding the whole time. Did you have fun at least, sounds a thousand miles away

Old 07-29-2009, 06:28 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Nice to see you back Chad, I was wondering where you were hiding the whole time. Did you have fun at least, sounds a thousand miles away
It was relaxing. Port hopped around Monaco, Sicily and France at my own pace.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I hear you sounds like fun. I've been around Italy everywhere except Sicily and been to France. Nice places for sure. My family lives in Europe. Nice to have you back, so give us some updates?

Originally Posted by cjv
It was relaxing. Port hopped around Monaco, Sicily and France at my own pace.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:30 AM
cjv
I hear you sounds like fun. I've been around Italy everywhere except Sicily and been to France. Nice places for sure. My family lives in Europe. Nice to have you back, so give us some updates?
Currently in limbo. Can't finish mock up without all the parts at S Car Go being delivered to Performance Developments. Without mock up being completed can't finish the pistons.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Looking forward to see that Bad Boy's dyno, it will shoot fire Keep us posted buddy.

Originally Posted by cjv
Currently in limbo. Can't finish mock up without all the parts at S Car Go being delivered to Performance Developments. Without mock up being completed can't finish the pistons.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:14 PM
cjv
Looking forward to see that Bad Boy's dyno, it will shoot fire Keep us posted buddy.
art,

Once you have heard a 4.2L or larger boxer motor, you will never forget the sound again. It is very distinct. Unlike the sound of 4.0L and smaller.

Last edited by cjv; 08-01-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:59 PM
That thing must be a ground shaker, any standing close to the turbos will rip your pants off

Originally Posted by cjv
art,

Once you have heard a 4.2L or larger boxer motor, you will never forget the sound again. It is very distinct. Unlike the sound of 4.0L and smaller.

Last edited by cjv; 08-01-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:31 PM
cjv
Where we are ..........

Still waiting. Performance Developments has all the parts with the exception of one 2.5 mm liner manifold shim. Several months ago S Car Go had the two shims made and ........ they lost one.

They had a new one machined and I was told it was overnighted to Performance Developments today. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

If Neil gets the parts tomorrow, he will mock the motor up so we can release the pistons for production.

It only took two plus months to get all the parts to Performance developments.

Now, according to Neil, a couple days for mock up, two weeks for pistons and then four days for assembly. We'll see.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Looking forward to hear more good news Chad. Keep it coming.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 PM
cjv
Looking forward to hear more good news Chad. Keep it coming.
Not sure about it being good news. The car should have been completed six weeks ago. This is why I decided to let PD do the mock up and motor assembly ....... now it is taking extra time for Rob to get all the parts to PD. The latest is one of the 2.5 mm liner housing shims that we recently had made was lost.

Last edited by cjv; 08-04-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 PM
cjv
A couple months ago I paid for a set of 2.5 mm shims to be made. Today Rob told me only one shim was built and they lost it.

He told me that he told Performance Developments to make two and that he would pay for them. A loss of time yes, but I was happy to see they were honest about it. Now we should be able to get on with the mock up. What we are really concerned about is the timing chains. By addition the 2.5 mm shims which allow the use of 132 mm rods we have to know if the stock length timing chains will work. If they won't work we will have a longer timing chain made.

Should know sometime next week.

Last edited by cjv; 08-06-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:03 AM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
Chad, great news on the progress, how are you going with the body, I remember some time back that you were to undertake some lengthy works on the body itself?

Old 08-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Chad, will be joining us at the Mile this time?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:22 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by GTRETA
Chad, great news on the progress, how are you going with the body, I remember some time back that you were to undertake some lengthy works on the body itself?
Cary won't be getting the car for body work until the motor is done. He has been sitting on some paid for parts for a couple of years now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring