Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:28 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Chad/Alex, is the Sacramento action going to happen? if so when?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:47 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Chad/Alex, is the Sacramento action going to happen? if so when?
I'm going to talk to alex about it.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:48 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
That's if I come back alive from TX

Originally Posted by cjv
I'm going to talk to alex about it.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:50 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
I have mixed feelings about this. Would have liked to see you complete it, as I'm a car guy, but then again you bragged a lot and derailed dozens of threads never backing up your claims for years: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/1014766-post35.html

I wish you the best in future endeavors.

Last edited by CURI0; 08-26-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
I have mixed feelings about this. Would have liked to see you complete it, as I'm a car guy, but then again you bragged a lot and derailed dozens of threads never backing up your claims for years: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/1014766-post35.html

I wish you the best in future endeavors.

Curio,

Thanks for being bluntly honest. I am sorry I came across that way to you.

Last edited by cjv; 08-26-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:11 AM
cjv
I needed some time to step away. Communication is very important in all facets of life. After giving it some time I have decided to continue with the project.

A new set of plastic rods will be redesigned with a shorter length and the rods will be produced once again. At that point another mock up will be performed.

Why so many mock ups? When S Car Go Racing sent PD the rod parts they did not send the new profiled rod caps. Without these caps the rods did not clear which needlessly compounded issues. In addition, the 2.5 mm spacers and the 132 mm rods did not work as it made the timing chain to short. In their excitement, Performance Developments spent time looking after my best interests without communicating to me the amount of time being spent so I could make some decisions. I am a control type person and need to understand everything being done before it is done and here lies the issue. In addition, the modified GT1 oil pump when sent to PD had an assembly flaw that few people understand. PD remedied it and again I was not aware of the issue until after the fact.

So where are we now? We are not using any spacers. We believe we have the correct rod/rod length that will clear the case, oil pump, bottom of liners and a piston where the skirts and valves will have no clearance issues. We will be utilizing a stock length timing chain. I have been given a guaranteed price to perform all the above work along with complete motor assembly by Performance Developments. I have authorized Performance Developments to proceed to the point of motor assembly.

If everything proceeds well, Performance Developments will assemble the motor. I have no reason to believe it will not proceed well.

Last edited by cjv; 08-30-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear it's "Game On" again Chad. Some times it pays to step away from things. I think this will all come together quicker than you expect.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Chad, it was nice chatting with you the other day. I found a set of CCW's and thanks for all your wise recommendations. I am also glad to see your project taking another step ahead. It has been a long haul for you, I know after I read almost the entire thread. I had to sit there and read and read and read and........ Keep up the good work my friend.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:08 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Good for you Chad... I know it's tough to watch the time go by but you've been re-inventing the wheel and got those goal posts that keep moving too

Old 08-31-2009, 09:16 PM
cjv
Spoke to Cary @ ERP regarding body modifications. It looks like we are going to change the front, widen the front fenders, rocker panels and rear fenders. We will be adding a larger wing, fender/rear duck tails, pan and rear under the bumper diffuser.

All parts will be made of carbon kevlar.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:29 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Spoke to Cary @ ERP regarding body modifications. It looks like we are going to change the front, widen the front fenders, rocker panels and rear fenders. We will be adding a larger wing, fender/rear duck tails, pan and rear under the bumper diffuser.

Oh man that sounds expensive But it does sound cool!

Old 09-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Porscha is infamous around these parts
KA's body

Originally Posted by cjv

Chad - will you be running a complete flat floor? I am just doing this on mine and it is a real PITA to fit right.....................not to mention expensive! Also means MORE welding to the chassis for mounting points etc. Any concerns over cooling using a rear diffuser?

Thanks.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by Porscha
Chad - will you be running a complete flat floor? I am just doing this on mine and it is a real PITA to fit right.....................not to mention expensive! Also means MORE welding to the chassis for mounting points etc. Any concerns over cooling using a rear diffuser?

Thanks.
It will be a complete flat floor. Cary has already made one for 1badgt2's car. I am going to have some molds made so we can make them from carbon kelvar because it is lighter and stronger than glass.

I have been watching 1badgt2's build for sometime. He has done some real nice things. At first I did not care for the duck tail and wing but it has grown on me. I like the way his disfuser comes up into the rear bumper by about three inches. We are going to widen the fenders an additional one inch. We are also going to go with wider rocker panels. I have decided not to go with the air scoop over the top because with our combination charger setup, the charged air will be realitively cool, therfore no need for the additional IC. Furthermore, we will need that additional room for our plan to add the supercharger and it's related bypass valve and plumbing to the turbo's.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...4-post501.html

Last edited by cjv; 09-01-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:40 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by sharkster
Oh man that sounds expensive
In relation to what? ..............

Last edited by cjv; 09-01-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by cjv
In relation to what? ..............
LOL you have a point... you have a point

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring