Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:30 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
heavychevy,

We may be looking at apples and oranges. There are a lot of very fast car around and they are all different. I am looking at the above system for my car.

It will produce somewhere between 1000 and 1100 hp at 1 bar. It has the capabilities of 2.5 bar with a potential of somewhere between 1600-1800 hp. The redline is 9400 rpm's.

She is geared to do 78 mph in first @ redline. The rest of the gear ratios are matched to take advantage of her sweet spot. I do not imagine there will be any hesitation breaking loose in any gear when above 3000 rpm's with the present setup.

Being able to transfer power to the front wheels will be a bonus and it will quicken the car.
Um yeah, definitely apples to oranges! Didn't know you had that kind of monster. You will definitely be a pioneer in every sense of the word if you can make it happen.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:36 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
IMHO, it's early and I'm not fully awake, I agree that this in theory would certainly help efficient power transfer and hence improve times. I do not see how this modulating of the power (front and rear) would offer any protection to the rods of our engines.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:41 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I have some very exciting news. Actually two bits. Our software people have come up with a way that when we make a change to the ECU we can discover what response our change has to all other ECU and PSM functions and to identify the specific function in the codes. This has some major benefits.

Secondly, we have come up with knock listeners or sensors that will detect knock. We will now come up with warnings and a mechanism to shut the motor down prior to any damage taking place. No more bent rods, per ignition or detonation.

Last edited by cjv; 11-09-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Significant breakthrough for our beloved motor!

Take a peak at post number 3093.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...aring-207.html

Old 11-09-2009, 08:05 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Yesterday I was informed by Performance Developments that they had received the pistons and they were being sent out for the top fuel dome coatings and skirt coatings. We should have them back in two weeks.

In the mean time the rods are due soon. Neil still says the motor will be assembled by the end of November.
Ceramic coating on the top Moly style coat on the sides and a diamond or oil hold coating on the wrist pin?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:18 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Great news. who is your tuner?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:18 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
Ceramic coating on the top Moly style coat on the sides and a diamond or oil hold coating on the wrist pin?
The domes are ceramic coated for nitrous/top fuel duty. The skirts are coated with an anti friction coating. The wrist pins are coated with a compound referred to as "black carbon." The lands are anodized to prevent fusion of the rings to the pistons.

Last edited by cjv; 11-10-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:28 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by vbmw335
Great news. who is your tuner?
There are actually three tuners on this project. The work is being done offshore by a twenty man team for our project, not by any tuner. The system for identifying all affect code changes resulting from our change has already proven itself. One of the tuners will be responsible for distributing the product early next year.

I had mentioned in an earlier post that we now have the ability to identify and modify PSM codes.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Good Lord, this car needs to be on the highway. I am not trying to be a ***** or anything, but how much better can this build be after what, 5 years or however long than what some of the guys on this board alone have accomplished.

I am just asking, you are seeing cars putting down 1k hp, etc that are drivable cars, how much more can you expect and still be drivable

Old 11-09-2009, 08:45 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I guess the question is will these codes be changeable by mere mortals or will we be paying tuners? Honestly I'm as excited about your mentioning knock detection as I am this - that's something I might only have to pay for once...

Old 11-09-2009, 08:59 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by Christian
Good Lord, this car needs to be on the highway. I am not trying to be a ***** or anything, but how much better can this build be after what, 5 years or however long than what some of the guys on this board alone have accomplished.

I am just asking, you are seeing cars putting down 1k hp, etc that are drivable cars, how much more can you expect and still be drivable
Christian,

I guess I simply enjoy the voyage.

With the dual injectors amongst other things we believe the car will be extremely drivable.

Frankly, I have no guarantee that it will be any better since I really don't have much first hand knowledge as to other projects drivability. Let's just say we are using a different approach and I am sharing the information regarding this approach.

I believe one difference is for others to obtain 1,000-1200 hp they are utilizing 2 to 2.5 bar. We will obtain the similar power at 1 bar with the ability to go to 2.5 bar, but I have to ask the question why? I have been told the motor response with the 82.4 stroke should make lower displacements pale by comparison.

Time will tell, but please don't be too hard on me if I miss my mark while trying.

Last edited by cjv; 11-10-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:05 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
I guess the question is will these codes be changeable by mere mortals or will we be paying tuners? Honestly I'm as excited about your mentioning knock detection as I am this - that's something I might only have to pay for once...
BLKMGK,

Past problems have not been changing codes but when a code is changed ...... what else does it affect? With the software that has been derived, we can now trace everything that is also affected. It eliminates the trail and error along with locating and identifying certain codes as to what they do. To answer your question it will be a tool for tuners that will advance the state of our cars.

As for knock sensors ...... it's time has come. There is no reason to be tuning these investments with listening for the first signs of knock.

Last edited by cjv; 11-09-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
nice, ill have to read the whole thread tomarrow.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
otb996 is infamous around these partsotb996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cjv
BLKMGK,
As for knock sensors ...... it's time has come. There is no reason to be tuning these investments with listening for the first signs of knock.
Nice... It comes a surprise to me that they didn't have a way of monitoring one initially, but I'll be staying subscribed to these threads.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv

Cliffnotes please

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring