Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Thank you for your compliment. Chad I believe you're almost there so I thought it was time to say hi. We've build your muffler back in March 2003 , time flies fast indeed.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:45 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I don't care what anyone says fellas... take it from me after all these years there is still NOT one exhaust that sounds as good as a Europipe Stage II on the 996TT. End of story I get reminded of that some 6 years later and installing one on a 2005 996 TT S this week.

Hats off to Europipe for that.... and the fab work is um... amazing too.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:42 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
So you guys don't have to go back through the thread ......... here are some pics of the Europipe muffler that was built for Killer Angel.

Like sharkster said ........ there is no exhaust that sounds as sweet as Europipe. We had this exhaust on the car back in 2004. The sound is intoxicating. Back in 2004, before we bent all six rods I use to have people pull up at stop lights and comment on how good the car sounded. It had a sound all it's own.

I really can't wait to hear it on the new motor. When the car finally sets it own mark the whole world will know the exhaust is Europipe.

Last edited by cjv; 05-02-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Well we focused on the backpressure reduction first. Measuring the maximum backpressure is easy and gives you a fix number while using a rolling road dyno leaves you with a lot of variables. Just connect a pressure gauge with the aid of a long air line that goes all the way inside the cabin and go for a full boost WOT run in 4th gear and you'll read the maximum backpressure. And if the cops are behind you , you'll get even more backpressure !

Thank you for the kind words Goldfish. Our 993 Carrera to 997 TT exhausts sounds just as nice , you just haven't heard those in real life yet. Cheerio

Old 02-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
...Like sharkster said ........ there is no exhaust that sounds as sweet as Europipe. We had this exhaust on the car back in 2004. The sound is intoxicating. Back in 2004, before we bent all six rods I use to have people pull up at stop lights and comment on how good the car sounded. It had a sound all it's own.

I really can't wait to hear it on the new motor. When the car finally sets it own mark the whole world will know the exhaust is Europipe.
Hi Stef! Ditto on the Europipe comments. The product and people are second to none!

Attached Images     

Last edited by Zippy; 02-13-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor
Thank you Mike. Those are nice pictures. Been a long time ago , I hardly recognise my old cat.
As far as I remember your exhaust had 1 x 60mm and 1 x 70mm pipes while Chad's version was 2 x 60mm. Different tone but surprisingly the same backpressure though.

Chad I believe you had stock camshafts in 2004. With your current sharper camshafts the exhaust will sound meaner than ever.

Last edited by stef@europipe; 02-14-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stef@europipe

Chad I believe you had stock camshafts in 2004. With your current sharper camshafts the exhaust will sound meaner than ever.
Yes, the cams were stock in 2003.

The reliefs in the 105.7 mm pistons are somewhat deep in order to just clear the valves. The valves are RSR diameter valves with slightly larger diameter stems. Valves were designed for top fuel and nitrous duty.

Last edited by cjv; 05-18-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:37 PM
cjv
We are finishing up the external wastegates on the S Car Go Headers being designed and fabricated by Mark Robles for KA.

Last edited by cjv; 05-02-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:43 PM
cjv
Here is a comparison between the 43.45 mm headers used in 2003 and our current 57.4 mm headers.

Last edited by cjv; 02-07-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by cjv
Here is a comparison between the 43.45 mm headers used in 2003 and our current 57.4 mm headers.
Chad is the 57.4 mm the i.d. at the turbo flange ?

Old 02-19-2010, 03:22 PM
cjv
Update from Performance Developments:

Chad,

I'm home this morning catching up on some things.

Things are progressing but at times not quite as quickly as I wish. There always seems to be some hold up. Your engine is fully moched up and we have made a minor change to the Plenum, just to give some extra clearances. We found that we needed to add alittle to allow the removal of certain engine parts without the chance of damaging the Plenums. When removing some of these ourselves we found we had not given enough clearance to remove the parts without pushing on the Plenums. Nothing major, just the small things that can catch you out.

nh

Last edited by cjv; 02-19-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:41 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
Chad is the 57.4 mm the i.d. at the turbo flange ?
Stef,

I re checked with Rob and I relayed the wrong figures. The new headers tubing is 47.5 mm or 1-7/8". The old ones were 41.3 mm or 1-5/8".

Old 02-19-2010, 04:45 PM
cjv
Spoke with Rob at S Car Go. The headers are being sent to Swain for ceramic coating. Should have them back in time for the engine dyno work.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:08 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Nice pics Chad, she is coming along fine

Old 02-19-2010, 09:14 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by art4iza
Nice pics Chad, she is coming along fine
Thanks Art, but more important, how is your mom doing?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring