Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:44 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I am pretty sure that he isn't going to sell a kit to exactly match his after all of the development money he spent. Plus I would also be willing to be that he is going to be keeping his proprietary secrets to himself.
I am not in the business to sell anything for these cars. There is no secrets about this motor other than the cam specs. I have given approximate specs. However, if you want an exact copy of the cam it can be obtained from Peformace Developments as I have given them permission to make exact duplicates if they want.

I really don't care if anyone comes up with a better motor as I'm sure someone will in time. These cars are kind of like NHL teams .......... the best can lose on any given day.

If anyone wants any information about this motor just ask.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:42 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cjv
I am not in the business to sell anything for these cars. There is no secrets about this motor other than the cam specs. I have given approximate specs. However, if you want an exact copy of the cam it can be obtained from Peformace Developments as I have given them permission to make exact duplicates if they want.

I really don't care if anyone comes up with a better motor as I'm sure someone will in time. These cars are kind of like NHL teams .......... the best can lose on any given day.

If anyone wants any information about this motor just ask.
Can I have all information distribution rights?

On a more serious note, it looks like you and Killer Angel are nearly there! I must admit, that plenum looks very interesting--radical--and it will be interesting to see how these motors progress from a power standpoint due to what you've derived over the years. Please post more pictures updating us about the car when you can, the wait to see a video of it on the road is torturing me!

Congrats

Old 05-11-2010, 10:17 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
update:

Chad,

It's Monday and we are getting all of the tooling together. I have a meeting
this afternoon with the Carbon people. This should be the last. They had
asked us to change the way the two halves went together to help the
manufacture. This has been done and we should be good to go after today.

I am sorry for the continued delays, but the manufacture is done outside and
the place we use is busy with other work as well and getting together is
never immediate.

I'll email you after today's meeting with further update.

nh

Last edited by cjv; 05-12-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 PM
cjv
Chad,

Forgot to add this earlier.

Completed model printed to make sure everything worked out OK.

Nh

The carbon fiber plenum, fuel rails, throttle bodies, injector manifold, linkage and servo motors will be completed before the end of this month. I'll post some pics then. It appears we will be ready to start tuning her on the engine dyno mid June.

Last edited by cjv; 06-21-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:48 PM
cjv
Latest update from Neil Harvey of Performance Developments.

Chad,

We are currently making all of the O ring sleeves for the intake and the
moulds are been finished off for the 1st article piece. The carbon people
are very slow and I have to push hard each day to keep them focused. It
appears the hard work is almost over and the 1st pieces are on their way. I
wish I had better news, but all we can do is push hard and keep them on
point.

Nh

Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
i'm curious long term how the carbon fiber will hold up??

Old 05-20-2010, 06:54 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
i'm curious long term how the carbon fiber will hold up??
It comes with ten year warranty against any defects.

The reason we went with cf and not metal was to eliminate heating up the charged air after it leaves the IC's.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:05 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
What will be the max boost pressure for this engine? 1.7-1.8 bar or 2.0 bar or higher?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:22 PM
cjv
What will be the max boost pressure for this engine? 1.7-1.8 bar or 2.0 bar or higher?
2.5 bar or right at 37 pounds. It will develop a minimum of 1000 hp @ 1 bar. Here are some pics of the ceramic coated combustion chambers/exhaust ports/valves along with the head gasket and double o ringed heads. I can't show the 12 mm studs as the threads, tapper and cut washers are well .......... different.

Last edited by cjv; 02-24-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:59 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I may have asked this before but 1000 rwhp at 1 bar? 2.5 bar.....

Old 05-23-2010, 08:14 AM
cjv
I may have asked this before but 1000 rwhp at 1 bar? 2.5 bar.....
germeezy,

This motor is capable of fragmenting the case. Probably should have replaced the case with a stronger one. At what point the case will let loose no one really knows. My guess would be somewhere between 1500 and 1800 hp.

The response on this motor should be unlike anything seen to date. With 1200 hp at let's say 1.2 bar it should be capable of 230 to 240 mph and it should be capable of arriving at those speeds extremely fast, unlike anything seen to date utilizing the boxster platform.

Last edited by cjv; 05-23-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:34 AM
I would imagine with some of the innovations, including displacement, CD ignition, nitrous system, intake that your going to have an FI motor with unheard of boost response. The throttle response of a N/A engine, coupled with the torque of a large displacement mid range torque feel!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:17 PM
cjv
I would imagine with some of the innovations, including displacement, CD ignition, nitrous system, intake that your going to have an FI motor with unheard of boost response. The throttle response of a N/A engine, coupled with the torque of a large displacement mid range torque feel!
Check on everything although the CD ignition is a pulsed CD ignition. The reason for this is ethsnoll is unlike gas in that it doesn't just explode or ignite at once driving the piston downward. Ethanol continues to burn as the piston moves down the liner. The pulse continues to provide spark as the ethanol continues to burn down the liner.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:43 PM
cjv
***_

Last edited by cjv; 02-24-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:48 PM
cjv

Last edited by cjv; 02-07-2011 at 11:13 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring