Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Chad
You truly have the most unique and customized turbo! I am still interested in the "meet" you suggested a few months ago.
Robert

Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Chad
You truly have the most unique and customized turbo! I am still interested in the "meet" you suggested a few months ago.
Robert

Robert,

Motor wise, especially response it is right up there. Currently, outside of that there a more than a few out there that we are playing catch up with. Have you seen 1badgt2's set up? The wide body adds some weight, but what is the trade off? Fifty pounds can make a real difference on the track, with that being said, look at the weight of Tom Kerr's car.

I said earlier that Cary was going to be doing additional work to the suspension. I believe some of the upgrades are the same as the ones utilized on 1badgt2's car. The front hub set up has been bought over four years ago and has been sitting at Cary's shop. I've never seen them but I believe they are the same ones used on 1badgt2's. If Cary is viewing he can confirm or deny and if different maybe post up a pic.

Last edited by cjv; 02-07-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:12 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by melsta
wOw drooling.....can't wait to see the cf intake manifold

It should be about a week away now.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:26 AM
JDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of light
Chad, I am trying to figure out what
would that pug in the crank case be.
Would it be a sensor?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:20 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by JDSStudios
Chad, I am trying to figure out what
would that pug in the crank case be.
Would it be a sensor?
No, but here is a clue.

Compare the three holes with the three index's of the GT1 oil pump. You now can see where these cases really derived from.

Last edited by cjv; 02-07-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 PM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
So the fitting goes to the oil pump. Assuming it has to do with some increased volume and or cooling?

Old 06-01-2010, 07:10 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by KhanNSX
So the fitting goes to the oil pump. Assuming it has to do with some increased volume and or cooling?
What you are looking at above is a GT1 oil pump. A stock 996tt has one pick up. A GT2 and GT3 has two pick ups. The GT1 has three pick up points. It literally sucks the oil off the heads along with out of the entire motor. This particular pump pulls a vacuum in the case for reduced friction. To give you a comparison, these pumps currently cost about 12K.

Here is what they look like on the inside.

Last edited by cjv; 02-07-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:31 PM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
Ah, yes, I believe you mentioned the three pickup pump in the past. The fact that it also works toward relieving crankcase pressure is a very nice perk.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 PM
cjv
This is a pic of the KW hydraulic lifts we intend to install on KA with the JRZ four way adj. that we currently have installed.

Last edited by cjv; 02-07-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:11 PM
cjv
I spoke to Neil today. He says the intake molds are done and they will start building the CF parts on Monday.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=cjv;2861738]This is a pic of the KW hydraulic lifts we intend to install on KA with the JRZ four way adj. that we currently have installed.

Those look a lot like the TechArt Hydrualic system I use on my RS. Very useful and nice to have
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4h2mFRcGZI

Last edited by cjv; 02-07-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:39 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by sharkster
Those look a lot like the TechArt Hydrualic system I use on my RS. Very useful and nice to have
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4h2mFRcGZI
Alex,

I don't know if Techart makes their own or gets them from someone else. These are made in Germany by KW. We are using the lifts on all four wheels. In the down position there is 1-1/4" clearance under all the car.

Wait until you see the "on the fly" JRZ and sway bar adjusters.

Last edited by cjv; 06-13-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Does it tip side to side and hop up and down like the systems they have in Mexico? JK What is the overall height it rises up from stock?

Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Does it tip side to side and hop up and down like the systems they have in Mexico? JK What is the overall height it rises up from stock?
Not sure as the car was delivered new with a modified suspension. The car sits fairly flat the the front slightly higher and this is with a lowered RSR front cross section.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Mexico? no not Mexico, you mean Los Angeles.

Originally Posted by 2muchtime

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring