Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:43 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KhanNSX
The only way we can source E98 locally is by buying it by the barrel.

Let us know when the motor lives.
We can do that also, but don't want to. The E85 is available in my driving area and will handle our boost levels up to 104 octane which would be our basic level program. Boost level requirements above this would use the E85 with Aquamist Injection so as to acquire a 124 octane rating.

Besides having a motor that will pass the smog test we will also have a more powerful, smoother and cooler running motor capable of very high boost levels if the need should ever arrive.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 PM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
We can do that also, but don't want to. The E85 is available in my driving area and will handle our boost levels up to 104 octane which would be our basic level program. Boost level requirements above this would use the E85 with Aquamist Injection so as to acquire a 124 octane rating.

Besides having a motor that will pass the smog test we will also have a more powerful, smoother and cooler running motor capable of very high boost levels if the need should ever arrive.
I’m curious, how are you going to ‘pass’ the visual part of the smog test – if and when it may come up?

On another note.. looking forward to day that its finally finished and running. ...it's been 5-maybe 6 years now. What a journey you taken

Old 08-04-2010, 03:15 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 0396
I’m curious, how are you going to ‘pass’ the visual part of the smog test – if and when it may come up?

On another note.. looking forward to day that its finally finished and running. ...it's been 5-maybe 6 years now. What a journey you taken
The view from the engine compartment will appear nearly stock. The most obvious view deviation would be the headers.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:40 AM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Originally Posted by cjv
The view from the engine compartment will appear nearly stock. The most obvious view deviation would be the headers.

Sounds good to me

Old 08-14-2010, 11:04 AM
JDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of light
Hey Chad, how is it going?
I think at some point in this thread you mentioned
a certain mileage before your car would engine rebuild.
Was it 20,000 miles or so?

However, many parts were upgraded since;
if the engine rebuild interval is still relatively
short, what exactly would wear out first?

Old 08-15-2010, 11:38 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by JDSStudios
Hey Chad, how is it going?
I think at some point in this thread you mentioned
a certain mileage before your car would engine rebuild.
Was it 20,000 miles or so?

However, many parts were upgraded since;
if the engine rebuild interval is still relatively
short, what exactly would wear out first?
At this point we really do not know. The ethanol will put far less strain on the motor. Anther factor will be the boost. If we don't get carried away, the motor will last far longer than if we do get carried away.

Currently, I am considering breaking the motor down and inspecting it somewhere between 8 to 10K mile intervals. That could be some time considering how often I would drive this car.

Last edited by cjv; 08-15-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:24 PM
cjv
The motor has been completed. It is being crated for shipment to S Car Go Racing ..... there it will be fitted into the car.

Engine performance numbers will be announced after shakedown tests have been conducted.

Last edited by cjv; 08-16-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:32 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Amazing news! I can't wait to hear KA out on the road terrorizing everything in sight.

Greg A

Old 08-16-2010, 06:08 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by teflon
Amazing news! I can't wait to hear KA out on the road terrorizing everything in sight.

Greg A

Greg,

Rob and Mark will have their hands full with fitting in the motor, piping to IC's, intakes, fuel pumps, finishing the exhaust and new fuel lines. We need to supply fuel for just under 3000 cc's of injectors per cylinder.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:13 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Greg,

Rob and Mark will have their hands full with fitting in the motor, piping to IC's, intakes, fuel pumps, finishing the exhaust and new fuel lines. We need to supply fuel for just under 3000 cc's of injectors per cylinder.
thats alot of fuel batman...

Old 08-16-2010, 06:44 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
thats alot of fuel batman...
You do understand what makes hp ...........?

On another note, more ethanol is required than gas.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:48 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
You do understand what makes hp ...........?

On another note, more ethanol is required than gas.

whats the ratio on my atv drag machines its about 1.85:1 meth to race gas for same displacment.

BTW Chad what you do for a profession your a sharp guy, With alot of Metallurgy knowledge?

Old 08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
whats the ratio on my atv drag machines its about 1.85:1 meth to race gas for same displacment.

BTW Chad what you do for a profession your a sharp guy, With alot of Metallurgy knowledge?
OS,

We are running about 1.35:1 ethanol to gas. We are not even close to overdriving the injectors, remember we are also capable of utilizing nitrous and we desire plenty of fuel capacity. We are also running an Aquamist Meth/H2O injection mixture to obtain a 120 plus octane equal on the E85.

Retired in 1999. Sold all three companies. One of the companies had ASME A,S,R,U and PP stamps. It was capable of class III nuclear. I was the QC Manager. I probably know enough to be dangerous.

Last edited by cjv; 08-17-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
GREAT news! I'm really looking forward to seeing this project on the road!

Old 08-17-2010, 04:42 PM
cjv
Just a heads up as to what we have been up against tuning wise. The cams, intake and exhaust are set up pointer number wise identical to the GT3 motor. These are full race cams. The six throttle bodies are controlled by two servo motors instead of one. One motor controls each bank. The stock ECU is not capable of doing this. There are twelve injectors, two for each cylinder, the stock ECU is not capable of controlling dual injectors.

This brings us to the last hurdle. Did we scrap the 1200 hp Mustang MAF? The motor makes more power than the Mustang MAF will handle, Yes, we can set up the Mustang MAF to handle another 25%, sounds great but again we are making more power than this. There are two options ......... dual MAF's or Speed Density.

You will just have to wait and see the route we choose. Oh ....... who is this magnificent tuning team? Mum for now. The cat will be out of the bag soon enough.

Last edited by cjv; 08-17-2010 at 04:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring