Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:38 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
The easiest way to understand what is occuring is to look at a awd hill climb race car. When traction is being broken these cars are the fastest through the course. If traction isn't loose, it can be harder to put the awd through the paces.

I intend to put some hours on just such a type of set up before fully committing. I'll let you know then.

germeezy1, the following is an excellent read regarding your question ....... make sure you read both pages.

http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/4wd_turbo_cars.html

Hope it helps.
I think you may have edited or I misread your post, I was responding to what I thought was a system that would be locked into a 50/50 power distribution at all times and remain 50/50 even when slip was detected.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:47 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Chad,
Long time no talk. How far about into this project now?
Art,

The motor is done, it should have been shipped to S Car Go Racing today. I have been out of state since the 23rd and have not contacted anyone.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:50 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by urs4guy
Amazing build. With -10 hose so very expensive, I went with -10 Stainless Steel pipe that was mandrel bent for the install.
Yes it is expensive ......... since we are using ethanol we went with teflon material and this is probably why the cost was up there. With teflon we can use just about any type fuel without affecting the lines.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I think you may have edited or I misread your post, I was responding to what I thought was a system that would be locked into a 50/50 power distribution at all times and remain 50/50 even when slip was detected.
germeezy,

We are looking at everything right now. Trying to gather all the information we can along with sharing what we find. I thought the article was interesting.

We are looking at the 50/50 split with LSD front and rear. It appears the ratio used up front is the key to a successful awd. This is why we are looking at an adjustable front LSD. We have not made a final decision as of yet.

Last edited by cjv; 09-28-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:53 PM
urs4guy has a spectacular aura abouturs4guy has a spectacular aura abouturs4guy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cjv
Yes it is expensive ......... since we are using ethanol we went with teflon material and this is probably why the cost was up there. With teflon we can use just about any type fuel without affecting the lines.
As in E85 ethanol or some other variant. I also run E85 exclusively on my car and haven't heard of any issues with Stainless Steel.

Hap

Old 09-28-2010, 07:30 PM
cjv
As in E85 ethanol or some other variant. I also run E85 exclusively on my car and haven't heard of any issues with Stainless Steel.

Hap
I am not saying ss is an issue with E85. It is with other types of lines.

It sounds like ss could be an alternative. I would be curious as to any weight difference.

We are using E85 with Aquamist water/meth injection. It boosts the E85 to an detonation protection level equal to 120 plus octane.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
cjv
As in E85 ethanol or some other variant. I also run E85 exclusively on my car.

Hap
Hap, how did the E85 affect your smog test?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
urs4guy has a spectacular aura abouturs4guy has a spectacular aura abouturs4guy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cjv
I am not saying ss is an issue with E85. It is with other types of lines.

It sounds like ss could be an alternative. I would be curious as to any weight difference.

We are using E85 with Aquamist water/meth injection. It boosts the E85 to an detonation protection level equal to 120 plus octane.
I use the E85 with a NOS Serpentine mister on the front of my FMIC. On the dyno when I ran my 32 lb boost run of 674hp at the wheels, the intake temps were 3-4 degrees below ambient. Now I have a purge function that we blow right before we run similar to staging at the track and it also comes on at WOT when engaged. I don't know what the octane equivalent would be. What sort of intake temps are you seeing?

When I lifted the pipe it didn't feel like it had anymore weight than the hose.

This is a forward facing picture of the fuel system coming out of my tank. There's a larger element fuel filter facing to the rear then the SS hose up and to the left to the SX Performance 18203 and then a secondary fuel filter. This was before things were complete but the SS hose goes forward to link up with the SS pipe on the left. The big pipes are a turbo back 3.5" exhaust that splits to dual 3" pipes.

Hap, wit dakine Audiness not from Evahboost, Maguire

Old 09-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
Hap, how did the E85 affect your smog test?
No info on that subject. I have the car registered in a nontesting county here in Colorado. I doubt that I would pass the visual test.

Hap, wit dakine shine not from Evahboost, Maguire

Old 09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
germeezy,

We are looking at everything right now. Trying to gather all the information we can along with sharing what we find. I thought the article was interesting.

We are looking at the 50/50 split with LSD front and rear. It appears the ratio used up front is the key to a successful awd. This is why we are looking at an adjustable front LSD. We have not made a final decision as of yet.
I anxiously await finding out your plans, you have pushed the limits of what is possible in other areas I am sure this area will be another ground breaking one for the 911!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:23 PM
cjv
We have actually had a delay in getting the motor sent from Performance Developments to S Car Go. Apparently, PD's owner's daughter was involved in a very bad accident in which she was rear ended by a semi.

In the mean time S Car Go is working on the fuel system and preparing to remove the front differential to be sent out, gutted and rebuilt into an adjustable LSD less viscous coupling.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:06 AM
JDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of lightJDSStudios is a glorious beacon of light
Chad, how is it going?
(must admit it is a much better question than "when")

Old 10-10-2010, 10:23 AM
cjv
Catching up on the build with pics. 105.7 mm Arrow Precision pistons coated/cleared for top fuel. 12mm head studs w/ new different threads and cut tapered washers. The steel liners were designed and built by Performance Developments. There isn't any room left in the case for larger liners. They had to be custom designed and tapered and hour glassed to fit the Porsche case and withstand the cylinder pressures associated with slightly lower rod to piston

Last edited by cjv; 08-31-2020 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:43 AM
cjv
Very light custom radius tappets ........

The bearings are wider than the Porsche Crank journal and also needed the Oil hole in the top shell.

Making our own rod bearings from proprietary material for the Arrow Precision special designed rods. These rods are rifle drilled to provide direct feed oiling to the wrist pins and then the piston cavities located under the dooms. Everything was done with an eye towards driving the combustion temps downward.

Last edited by cjv; 02-24-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:52 AM
cjv
This pump puts out many times over the volume of a GT3 pump. There is virtually no oil left wondering in the case. One index actually sucks it off the heads. The negative case pressure acts as windage relief and frees up power lost to resistance. The cost of one of these puppies as set up is now about 10K.

Lengthened Arrow precision rods (520 grams each), GT1 three index oil pump, lightened knife edged 82.4 mm Arrow Precision crank with NASCAR oval bearings.

Last edited by cjv; 02-07-2011 at 11:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring