Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:09 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Chad,

Congrats and I hope you plan on driving that thing for a while and enjoying all the hard work and expense! Put some miles on brother! And I hope you will bring the car and yourself to the National Meet and have to get a ride in that bad boy!

Old 01-14-2004, 07:37 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
The 1000 cc injectors are a bit late. I received a call yesterday. They will be shipped on January 26. Should have them the next day.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Bill W is infamous around these parts
Chad,
Since your new "stock" motor is in the car what are you going to do with the other motor after the injectors arrive? Are you just going to swap motors back and forth for things like state inspections? BTW have you dynoed your "stock" motor and if would you post the chart I am sure many people would like to see it.

BTW I would still love to see pictures or your 944.

Old 01-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Bill W
BTW have you dynoed your "stock" motor and if would you post the chart I am sure many people would like to see it.
I don't think Chad is going to be as friendly with his modification information this time around. But I may be wrong, I'm not attempting to speak on his behalf.

Old 01-14-2004, 10:10 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Bill,

I am going to keep both motors. No need to swap motors for inspection as both motors have passed. That was one of my requirements of S Car Go Racing. Yes, I have dyno'ed the "stock" motor. No, I do not intend to post the results at this time. No one would believe it anyway.

Old 01-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
Chad,

Can I borrow your slow motor

Old 01-14-2004, 11:47 PM
cjv
I just received a call from Rob at S Car Go Racing. He has the newest copy (April) of Excellence. Says there is an good feature article about a very famaliar car.

Old 01-15-2004, 12:03 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Sweet will have to check it out! Damn those Excellence boyz work fast eh? That car was totally different hehe back in June/July?

Old 01-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
cjv, I love what you have done to your car, but I am just wondering. Do you ever feel that since you have modded you car so much, that it is no longer a Porsche?

Old 01-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by mehrabani1
cjv, I love what you have done to your car, but I am just wondering. Do you ever feel that since you have modded you car so much, that it is no longer a Porsche?
Wow, this is a great question indeed. I will have to think about this in the shower.

Old 01-15-2004, 06:16 PM
cjv
"cjv, I love what you have done to your car, but I am just wondering. Do you ever feel that since you have modded you car so much, that it is no longer a Porsche?"

Actually, I believe it is the way Dr. Porsche would have explored the limits if he was alive today.

Old 01-15-2004, 06:18 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
LOL Ferry triggering the giggle juice- I'd like to see that

Do you have a purge kit too? I can at least scare people with mine that way.. even if I don't shoot it down the intake....

Old 01-15-2004, 06:21 PM
cjv
sharkster,

"Damn those Excellence boyz work fast eh? That car was totally different hehe back in June/July?"

Yep, your memory is correct. My how the 996tt world has changed over the last eight months. This article starts on page 97 and goes through page 102. I have just seen it. I give you a hint at where we are today....... The "lofty goal" has been exceeded.

Old 01-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Ah good one, so they at least did some stuff based on how the car is now Groovy. Should be great. Didn't get mine yet for some reason?

Old 01-15-2004, 07:13 PM
cjv
Sorry Alex, . I'm not going to tip my cards that easily. There are no runs with the new motor. The motor was simply shown in the stage it was in May of 2003. They were able to see the new bore and stroke, new modified crank, custom titaniun rods, new modified heads, new cams etc. They were simply informed of our goal.

Last edited by cjv; 01-15-2004 at 07:21 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring