Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 01-15-2004, 07:40 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
No flies on you eh

Ah but that should be really interesting to see anyway.

PS You are not safe at any drag strip in California lol. I have moles at all of them

Old 01-15-2004, 07:50 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
hmmmmmmmmmmm...... then you already know.

. . . .

Alex, remember ...., it's stock.

Last edited by cjv; 01-15-2004 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:04 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Congrats Chad....Although I understand wjhy you dont wanna spill the tech side on this motor it is truly unfortunate...I remember when I first joined the forum world and Rennlist, I used to read your "stage XXXX" posts and be amazed and fascinated.
Good luck with the Angel

Old 01-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I DON'T understand what the tight lipped crap is all about. Let's stop living in the past. It's time to suck it up and act like adults. Life too short don't you think?

Old 01-15-2004, 09:17 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
quote Zippy:
"I DON'T understand what the tight lipped crap is all about."

Zippy, I guess if you didn't experience it first hand, you wouldn't understand. Be it as it may, if you had been following my earlier posts then you know about 70% of what was done. Only difference now is people will have to learn by their own mistakes if they want to venture into the unknown. It will make it a little more interesting when they can only guess at what they are be shooting to overtake. Not so long ago, it wasn't this way. On the contrary, the past was way more fun. That was a time when information was freely exchanged. Sadly, those days are gone.

I'm still willing to answer questions about my mods on the internally stock motor. This motor was making well over 800 hp. The Excellence article actually gave up some additional information about this motor. Things like who made my turbo's etc.

Last edited by cjv; 01-15-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I will always share info openly with regard to my car and stuff going on. Only trouble is how many Tiptronic owners have a tranny-death wish like me?

Old 01-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
That time was way more fun. This sucks. Mabey we should start a Online Knitting forum. It would be way more intriguing than listening to everyone telling each other about how "stock" thier cars were. That's soo boring!

Chad the bootom line is 99.99% of participants on this board are mega enthusiasts who are nothing but interested in any and all experiences porsche. Particuliarily concerning mods. I don't understand why YOU can't be the bigger man and let what ever has you acting this way, slide off your back. We would all have more fun! Admitidley, this fun is largely on your tab... but what the hell. You enjoy doing it and we love to hear about it.

Old 01-15-2004, 09:36 PM
cjv
Zippy,

I am not trying to be arguementative, but the real interest in my story layed with modifications that readers could/would apply to their cars. Questions all but stopped when it entered the realm of extreme mods.

What was done to the second motor simply wouldn't apply to most people as they are not interested in doing these things to their cars.

Old 01-15-2004, 09:45 PM

Zippy,
.... What was done to the second motor simply wouldn't apply to most people as they are not interested in doing these things to their cars.

PLEASE..... You should NEVER underestimate the depth of this disease my friend! I mean really. Who are you kidding. if Canuks like me are into a Stage 4 GTR with a Europipe Stage 2 Loud, there are tons of ballers out there ready for the next level. You simply have to show them the way!

Last edited by Zippy; 01-15-2004 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by cjv
hmmmmmmmmmmm...... then you already know.

. . . .

Alex, remember ...., it's stock.
ROFL, well.. a little birdy did tell me a number, remember after all, we both shop at the same stores for our giggle gas Then again because he was just relaying info he said you said. Hopefully it wasn't here say because if true, then that's pretty cool stuff

Old 01-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Zippy,

Believe me, most people would not undertake the things that Chad has done to this new motor.

We are talking a complete engine rebuild for starters using lotsa race parts...

Old 01-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Hamann7
Zippy,

Believe me, most people would not undertake the things that Chad has done to this new motor.

We are talking a complete engine rebuild for starters using lotsa race parts...
Says the man doing a GT2 stroker....

Old 01-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Porsche Fiend
watcha talkin about, willis?

my new car will be BONE STOCK

Old 01-16-2004, 01:31 AM
Hehe I just figured somebody down South outta do a 4.0L Stroker GT2 soon.. before someone up North does it

Old 01-16-2004, 01:45 AM
Porsche Fiend
haha... the problem there ain't no one with da skillz to do a 4.0L GT2 in the bay area! Just kidding.

Actually, Wilber keeps talking about doing a 3.9L GT3 or GT2 motor... man his crazy ideas never stop. Manthey Racing apparently achieved 495 naturally aspirated horse on their GT3. That car could probably kill almost any modded Turbo out there on the racetrack.

My crew and I will bring the GT2 to the next shootout, if it ever happens. I predict it will surprise most people. Now I gotta go find some ricer parts like new Blitz or HKS blow off valves to put on this sucker!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring