Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 01-16-2004, 02:01 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yeah there's so many crazy folks about that sooner or later one of us if FINALLY going to blow a motor. I am suprised none of us have yet? Pretty amazing considering how hard we've pushed these things.

Manthey Racing are hella serious.

You need the HKS supra BOV then!

PS ROFL it's pronounced "Muiyen" not Mugen

Old 01-16-2004, 02:29 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Yes, but it's spelled M-U-G-E-N. Haven't you looked at the local Honda Civics lately? It's stickered all over their windows, especially in San Jose, so of course I'm spelling it right.

Old 01-16-2004, 02:38 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Oh hell yeah but I was just saying the way the East Side Boyz do is all

In fact, I am going to do a 2GJZ motor swap right now. Hold on.. I'll be done in about 3 hours...

Old 01-16-2004, 08:10 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Tyson,

You can do a 4.0 liter with just pistons. I only went with 102 mm pistons out of concern of liner thickness. But, why stop at 4L's.

Source for piston/liners http://www.woessner-kolben.de

Last edited by cjv; 01-16-2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Up the displacement and then up the amount of NOS Chad

Old 01-16-2004, 08:41 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Alex,

I'm running a two stage NOS system. A Seventy-shot pulsing on at 4400 rpm's and another seventy-five shot pulsing on at 5600 rpm's. I give you a one second handicap in the quarter.

Old 01-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Hamann7
Zippy,

Believe me, most people would not undertake the things that Chad has done to this new motor.

We are talking a complete engine rebuild for starters using lotsa race parts...
Dude please. I would bet the Stage 4+ guys will all have cracked the case in 12 -18 months max. They'll be stuffing that block full of bullet proof parts to safely handle a lot more HP than the bolt on projects that are the shizzle today. Top that off with some big-boy-hybrids from Kevin in conjunction with the enevitable programming to max them out and .....????

Seriously. Even I'm planning (dreaming) about a second engine project. I know I'm not the only one!

Old 01-17-2004, 06:48 AM
cjv
"They'll be stuffing that block full of bullet proof parts to safely handle a lot more HP than the bolt on projects that are the shizzle today."

Zippy,

I don't believe many Stage IV guys will follow. Comparing a motor like this to a Stage IV GT is like comparing a stock 415 hp turbo to a 700+ hp turbo. A person with a 700+ hp turbo would be lucky to get 50,000 miles. I'll be happy with half that much before a tear down.

In addition, you don't make this much hp and keep it streetable below 3800 rpm's by just adding big turbo's and reinforcing the internals. Heck, the Stage V needs stronger rods just to safely handle what it is currently producing. In addition we all know it won't handle 1.4-1.5 bar for more than a New York Second. Alot of the torque and power comes from what I changed and did to the internals and intake system. In addition to stronger internals you need more rpm's, cubes and breathing to get there. Oh, don't forget about your oil circulation/scavaging and head temperatures (cooling). In addition, anyone heading in this direction better be prepared to toss the PSM system as I have found no way to completely turn it on and off.

Last edited by cjv; 01-17-2004 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:19 AM
cjv
After playing with the car for about a week I've decided to make another mod. It seems Killer Angel can use a little more traction as the 265's and 315's Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are fine for most of the power range, but for serious playing they are not sufficient. I talked to Rob at S Car Go and decided to go with 275's and 335's. This is going to require some rearranging of some front radiators and prototyping some front and rear under the fender plastic. Probably have the pieces made in carbon fiber. In addition some slight rear fender widening will be performed. I'm going to wait until after Fred's Bay Area Meet to start. Here we go again.

Last edited by cjv; 01-17-2004 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:53 AM
cjv
"We Have Liftoff" One Wild Stock-Block 996 Turbo

I just obtained an April copy of Excellence Magazine. This is the title Feature Editor, Dave Colman gave to the article. The article is seven pages long with nine color pictures. The tests in the article actually tool place in late May and early June of 2003. It explains some of the growing pains we were going through at the time.

Old 01-17-2004, 08:24 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
About yours?

Old 01-17-2004, 08:34 AM
cjv
The list of names, companies, cars, etc. mentioned in the article are:

Michelin Tire, Europipe, Fikse, Dynotuning, JRZ, BF Goodrich, Wossner Pistons, Ruf, Infineon Raceway, Rob King and S Car Go Racing, GT2, Carrera GT, Chad, Stevens Creek Porsche, Braman Porsche, ReNNtech, Techart, EVOtech, EVO, Kevin Buckler andThe Racers Group, Guard Transmissions, GT3R, Sachs, Unichip, Turbonetics, KKK, A. Graham Bell and his book Forced Induction Performance Tuning, Protomotive, Gemballa EVO 750, Mark Robles, John Halleran, TIAL Sport, Garrett turbo's, Whitman's Autobody, Car and Driver, Santa Rosa Airport and PCA's Redwood Division.

Last edited by cjv; 01-17-2004 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:11 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of

Can't wait for it to come out!!

Old 01-17-2004, 09:27 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by cjv
A. Graham Bell
brought in the heavy hitters i see

Old 01-17-2004, 09:30 AM
cjv
"You forgot to mention California State Bank"

Ryan, you meant to say "6speedonline." Sorry, but you were not around at the time. Remember, the time frame is May 2003. They were monitoring some forum, however it was not mentioned by name. Forum quotes were used however. Here is an example of one: "cjv is a guy who really wants a GT2, but has too much time and money." Let's guess, who said that?

Last edited by cjv; 01-17-2004 at 09:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring