Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 01-18-2004, 09:32 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Roland,
That would be more difficult as the ABS is stand alone in your system. I am not sure if anyone has moved the thresholds up on that unit. I haven't seen it. I am surprised that it can't handle 206mph. That has to be a jolt to the senses to have that pop on at those kind of speeds.

Chad,
That is what I am wondering. The codes for the GTII and the TT are very different. So I am not sure how it would react. I suspect that one could still reprogram the codes in the GTII ECU and see what it does. I see no reason it wouldn't start, but then again the control module is going to be looking for things from the ECU it will not have. More than likely it will throw codes. Maybe not???

Last edited by PorschePhd; 01-18-2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:42 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
ABS and PSM cannot be the same as the GT2 does not have PSM. Otherwise, maybe they are the same and the GT2 ECU does not make use of the PSM part. Anyway, I believe I'm about to find out. I could have some real interesting information when I'm done.

Old 01-18-2004, 12:35 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
They are not the same system, but share the same info coming from the wheels.

Old 01-18-2004, 02:59 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
OK Stephen, what do you think is going to happen when the GT2 ECU is installed?

Old 01-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Howdy Boys,
Since we are asking: Stephen how difficult is it to modify the ABS counter upper limit? My Ruf triggers panel lite above 206 mph! A wheel RPM ECU limit has been exceeded?

Cheers,
Roland

Old 01-18-2004, 07:13 PM
I have no idea how the heck this post posted as an edit but here we go again...
Roland,
That would be more difficult as the ABS is stand alone in your system. I am not sure if anyone has moved the thresholds up on that unit. I haven't seen it. I am surprised that it can't handle 206mph. That has to be a jolt to the senses to have that pop on at those kind of speeds.

Chad,
That is what I am wondering. The codes for the GTII and the TT are very different. So I am not sure how it would react. I suspect that one could still reprogram the codes in the GTII ECU and see what it does. I see no reason it wouldn't start, but then again the control module is going to be looking for things from the ECU it will not have. More than likely it will throw codes. Maybe not???

Old 01-18-2004, 07:25 PM
cjv
Stephen,

It will be interesting to say the least. When I'm done. I will have an answer.

Roland,

I would think Todd (Protomotive) or Garrett (GIAC) could remedy that. Have you talked to them?

Last edited by cjv; 01-18-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Last Thread-Jack

Stephen:
>>That has to be a jolt to the senses to have that pop on at those kind of speeds. <<< Good Guess!

Chad:
>>Have you talked to them?<< I have learned to live with it!

CFR

Old 01-18-2004, 11:09 PM
cjv
CFR,

I have not talked to them on the 206 mph problem. My car won't go that fast so it hasn't been an issue.

Old 01-18-2004, 11:48 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
CFR,

I have not talked to them on the 206 mph problem. My car won't go that fast so it hasn't been an issue.
Chad, I'm calling you out to race from a 184mph roll to 206mph....

Old 01-19-2004, 06:58 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Okay here is my .02 cents. I will freely share any information about my RED BEAST that I know. Beyond that Todd @ EVO or Colin @ PES wil have to decide to chime in, I am not all that technical!

Now, the RED BEAST is on her way to AZ right now and should be there by tommorrow. We have lots of goodies in store and are shooting for 800 RWHP at 1.2 bar. But who knows if it will end there!

All I know is we need to have another shootout next fall so we can all have something to look forward to and prepare our cars for.

I know I am in and Tyson is in anyone else?

Old 01-19-2004, 07:02 AM
I will return, this time with a little notice please. It is a pain in the **** to commute to San Jose. Maybe we could switch the colors to a yeller car.

Old 01-19-2004, 07:58 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
I could be in when Stephen is done with my car ....the 6-speed will hopefully dyno (no offense Sharky )

Old 01-21-2004, 08:22 PM
cjv
Went to S Car Go Racing to have the carbon fiber hood installed this morning. It definitely saves some weight. Had it clear coated with a 3/8 inch solid black stripe painted around the border. I used a Booth Silver Porsche Emblem on the Metal Arctic Silver hood. Decided not to use any emblem on the carbon fiber hood. As for fit, the metal hood definitely fits better, no question. However, I believe the carbon fiber hood makes the car look a little sportier. Now, if only the CGT seats become available.

Old 01-21-2004, 10:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
That's pretty much as expected. It will never fit quite as perfect as the stock one but there is a lot of play on those hinges connected to the chasis... I did the same. No badge. I kinda like it that way

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring