Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 03-24-2004, 07:07 PM
john stephanus is infamous around these parts
Nice...will give Rob a call.

Old 03-24-2004, 10:17 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
John,

I posted a pic of the roll bar I saw. It is under "Sample Scargo Roll Bar."

Old 03-25-2004, 10:36 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by john stephanus
Chad...any idea of the price for a Ruf-like one?
Two years ago I believe I was quoted 10K and the car had to be sent to Germany.

Old 03-27-2004, 05:10 PM
cjv
Went to check on the status of Killer Angel. Scargo removed the tranny and it was shipped back East to Brian Copan for some magic on 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. Some oiling modifications are also being performed. Scargo installed the 1000 cc injectors and we are awaiting arrival of certain Tilton clutch parts.

Car is due back to me on April 9th.

Old 03-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
CJV, I have been following this project for a while and there is always one question i've been meaning to ask.

When will it end?

Old 03-28-2004, 06:22 AM
cjv
Frosty,

It is kind treading water right now. I rarely sell any of my cars. I will modify this turbo slowly over the next few years. It will see more driving time now. What I would still like to do is:

1) Modify PSM for permanent on/off with a switch
2) Extend the rear fenders just a bit, maybe 3/4 to 1 inches.
3) Install some seats I really like. Just not real keen on what I have seen so far.
4) Waiting to see how EL750's heads work. There may be a change here.
5) Design and install a carbon fiber fuel cell.
6) I have modified the motor, tranny, clutch, differencial and drive line. The current weak link is the axles. With the current power and tires to get it to the ground, I will probably break an axle or cv joint. Future attention will be needed here.
7) Custom Scargo roll cage.

By the time Porsche comes out with the new turbo, I should be finished. Then, there will be a C-GT to start on.

Last edited by cjv; 03-28-2004 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:15 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
I searched through this whole thread to find info and pics on those GT2/3 brake ducts but no luck...I have a set for sale too brand new

Old 03-31-2004, 05:20 PM
ryan has a spectacular aura aboutryan has a spectacular aura aboutryan has a spectacular aura about
P96 GT3 Cup Brake Ducts
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx/p96168.jpg
295 euro

Old 03-31-2004, 08:59 PM
cjv
Killer Angel has the GT3 air scoops in addition to the front air ducts routed from the Techart II side front intakes. No brake overheating problems.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:12 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hi Chad,

Just wondering, I have those GT3 air scoops thanks but don't know what those Tech Art things are? Any pix?

Old 04-01-2004, 06:38 AM
cjv
sharkster,

They would be really hard to see. There is a air inlet (hole) about three inches in diameter in the lower inner side of each front outboard air intake. The hole leads to some ducting which routes fresh air to the inside of the front wheel disc. One services the left front, the other the right front. I will try to take some pics.

Old 04-02-2004, 09:01 PM
cjv
While talking to Rob today we decided to explore a couple of new areas. Going to order a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cups for the rear in the 345/30-18 size. Rob says he can make them fit. We'll see.

In addition, decided to prototype some beefed up light weight axles and cv joints. I will post pics as we go along.

Last edited by cjv; 04-02-2004 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:21 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
sharkster,

They would be really hard to see. There is a air inlet (hole) about three inches in diameter in the lower inner side of each front outboard air intake. The hole leads to some ducting which routes fresh air to the inside of the front wheel disc. One services the left front, the other the right front. I will try to take some pics.
Ah ok I get it now. I'll have yo check those out one day I think I've seen a couple of different kits like that on the market. I believe www.performanceproducts.com has a kit and...?

Old 04-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by cjv
While talking to Rob today we decided to explore a couple of new areas. Going to order a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cups for the rear in the 345/30-18 size. Rob says he can make them fit. We'll see.

In addition, decided to prototype some beefed up light weight axles and cv joints. I will post pics as we go along.
Sounds nifty... There's quite a bit more meat there and I'm sure the rear inside fender wells wil need some work but let us know how it goes

Old 04-07-2004, 03:51 AM
cjv
As some are aware KA used a modified KKK K16 (larger impellers #25) hot side and a Garrett Compressor side (#35). I just received a set of GT2 hot side turbo's. These are the older 993 GT2 turbo's with the 993 flange. Going to change the muffler flange and the impellers along with a little finishing work. These turbo's will use a #32 impeller. We will still use the same Garrett compressor side turbo.

Instead of having what we called a 25/35. It will now be a 32/35. We are hoping for an additional 50 hp. The car will now be done sometime next week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring