Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:21 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Alex,

Next week I pick up KA. How would you like to go to the strip once to verify the time?

Old 04-07-2004, 11:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Alex,

Next week I pick up KA. How would you like to go to the strip once to verify the time?
Hehe that'd be swell Hopefully by then I'll plonk in that intake, put on my new meats and knock off a 10 to your 9?

PS Rob said that the intake had never been put on a Tip before so he'll let me know if it'll work... Hope so!

Old 04-09-2004, 07:17 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Alex,

I never thought about the Scargo Racing intake not fitting on a TIP. I'll learn something new again.

Copan finished the tranny and it is back at Scargo. Scargo is fabricating the new tranny filter and cooler. The motor is out and the injectors are being installed. We are expecting the balance of the clutch parts and the new turbo's this coming Tuesday.

Will post some pics early next week.

Old 04-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
Hehe that'd be swell Hopefully by then I'll plonk in that intake, put on my new meats and knock off a 10 to your 9?

PS Rob said that the intake had never been put on a Tip before so he'll let me know if it'll work... Hope so!
Alex, the intake will not fit on the TIP. I have tried it and it there is no room for the pipes next to the trans.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 04-09-2004, 08:51 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
Alex, the intake will not fit on the TIP. I have tried it and it there is no room for the pipes next to the trans.
Doh! Thanks for letting me know Todd. That's a shame

Old 04-09-2004, 11:14 PM
cjv
sharkster,

I would still talk to Rob. He designed and made those intakes. I really would not be surprised if he couldn't adapt the intake to make it work on a TIP. You wouldn't believe the protype parts he has made for KA and other cars. You have nothing to lose by asking.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:22 PM
cjv
Here are the blueprints of the 1400 foot pound clutch S-Car-Go Racing is having built for Killer Angel.

This clutch by itself should shave a few tenths of a second.

Last edited by cjv; 04-15-2004 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:07 AM
cjv
I don't know where this is going to lead, but we are going to go ahead a have Joe design a switch for the PSM. We are going to retain the two current modes and add a third mode. The new mode when activated will sense when the PSM reactivates and within milliseconds, turn it off again.

Plan on taking the car to a skid patch and check the differences. This should occur in about thirty days.

Old 04-14-2004, 01:34 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
as always a facinating evolution Chad!

Old 04-14-2004, 06:51 PM
cjv
Doug,

I find it hard to believe no one else has already addressed the PSM issue one way or another. Either way, it won't be long before we have results.

Last edited by cjv; 04-14-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:58 PM
cjv
We had some problems with the new clutch today. Had to send the tranny to WEVO so they can match everything up. S Car Go Racing will have a few growing pains. Once this unit has been designed, prototyped and tested, I don't believe there will be another clutch available for the 996tt that is in the same league.

Last edited by cjv; 04-14-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:49 PM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
What was wrong with the Tilton clutch?

Old 04-14-2004, 09:18 PM
cjv
My understanding is the Tilton Clutch, although superior, has not been used on the 996tt. As I understand, the current issue is with the linkage. The 996tt uses a different bell housing. If you look at the earlier posted blueprints, there is a note on the drawing about this concern.

Should have the tranny and the finished clutch back tomorrow. My guess is S Car Go Racing will be significantly raising the bar as regards to 996tt clutches. Time will tell.

Should be able to post some pics tomorrow of the tranny, clutch and special injectors.

I also talked to Todd @ Protomotive today. The ECU work is complete and the ECU is being next day aired to S Car Go Racing today.

Last edited by cjv; 04-14-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:03 AM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
What did Todd have to say regarding PSM?

Old 04-15-2004, 06:43 AM
cjv
Regarding the ECU, Todd @ Protomotive is not to the state of modifying the ECU to do what we want. He says there are too many things involved.

Regarding the switch, he believes it could work. Todd @ Protomotive's question is with the constant turn activation of the PSM on and off in rapid order, the possibility exists that a code may be thrown.

First things first. If it does what we want and still throws a code, then we will address the code. We really can't wait to see the results. Hope it is worth the effort.

Last edited by cjv; 04-15-2004 at 06:49 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring