Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 04-17-2004, 07:42 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Well, as usual, Killer Angel wasn't ready to pick up yesterday. The tranmission and clutch were done, but the tranny cooler was not modified yet. The 1000 cc injectors had the new extension bars made and were installed. The modified ECU from Protomotive has been installed. The new turbo's are now two weeks late. If I can believe them, they are suppose to arrive on Monday. Hope to have some pics sometime today and hope to have KA back by Wednesday.

Old 04-17-2004, 03:12 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I took some pics of the tranny and clutch. I can show pics of the clutch, however I was requested not to show pics of the tranny bell housing with clutch linkage or the slave cylinder as they are proprietary to S Car Go Racing. This system will saddle 1400 foot pounds of torque. I will have a report on pedal pressure early next week.

Hopefully this will be the new state of the art regarding 996tt/GT2 clutches.

This clutch has the possibility of being good for reducing 3/10's off the quarter mile acceleration times all by itself.

Last edited by cjv; 04-19-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:33 PM
cjv
It took six months to get these prototype injectors designed and made.

Last edited by cjv; 04-20-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:48 PM
cjv
I learned today S Car Go Racing will be making two versions of their clutch. The first version consists of two discs and is good for 650 hp. The second version is three discs and is good for 650 through 1000 hp.

These clutches are lighter than anything I know available. They have their own slave cylinder and do not require the usage of the stock pressure assist unit. This pressure assist unit that is being eliminated weights seven pounds all by itself.

Last edited by cjv; 04-20-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:29 AM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
WOW! Looks like things are finally coming together. I remember when you were suppose to get those injectors just after Christmas.

Old 04-21-2004, 01:04 AM
ElusiveC4 is infamous around these parts
daayam!! I just spent the last 2 hrs going through 37 pages of this thread... that is ridiculous what you (and others) are doing to your cars but man.. it has me intrigued!! Cant wait to hear/see the final end results once all is complete. =D

Good Luck.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:09 AM
cjv
Originally posted by Frosty
WOW! Looks like things are finally coming together. I remember when you were suppose to get those injectors just after Christmas.
Yes Frosty, you are correct about the injectors. The injectors is also one of the two reasons we didn't enter the shootout. I was suppose to have the car back two weeks ago. The clutch actully had to go back for some additional machine work. I knew this prototype wouldn't go smooth, but it is important it is done right. There isn't really anything out there that will consistantly hold up to and survive the constant 550 hp plus monsters being built today. Hopefully, this new clutch will do the trick.

Trouble is, the clutch is not my only concern. The turbo's should have been here two weeks ago and they have not arrived yet. I understand they shipped yesterday by overnight mail. I've heard that one before. We'll see. I would love to have my car back by Friday.

Last edited by cjv; 04-21-2004 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:13 AM
cjv
Originally posted by ElusiveC4
daayam!! I just spent the last 2 hrs going through 37 pages of this thread... that is ridiculous what you (and others) are doing to your cars but man.. it has me intrigued!! Cant wait to hear/see the final end results once all is complete. =D

Good Luck.
Thanks ElusiveC4, I can use all the luck I can get right about now.

Old 04-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Question

So cjv when do we find out what the HP/Torque numbers are of that monster motor of yours.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:53 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
chad, are you gonna have to do any front diff work? Will the awd handle that much power? Or is it gonna be a "we'll wait and see" experiment?

Old 04-21-2004, 01:48 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Bruce
So cjv when do we find out what the HP/Torque numbers are of that monster motor of yours.
Bruce, we already have dyno'ed it. We have decided to not disclose the numbers. The clutch will just barely connect without slipping at full power. The axles and the cv joints won't hold the power. The driveline, front differencial and tranny have been addressed to take the power.

When it is all done we are thinking about making a trip around the country and giving any street legal 996tt's, GT2's or GT3's a chance to compare.

Last edited by cjv; 04-21-2004 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

I'm guessing your very near or past the magic 1000HP number. My car feels very fast to me, I can't imagine what yours feels like. It has been fascinating reading your posts. It has been amazing to see how far the envelope can be pushed.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:46 PM
cjv
Bruce,

When S Car Go Racing is finished (hopefully soon), we will take it for a dyno run. I will post the run without using the Nitrous 250 shot.

Old 04-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
Chad,

I'm curious how the CO2 spray on the intercoolers is working out. I may take on a project this summer and I'm just curious if you have experienced any cracking issues. I have heard that this is sometimes a problem. Also, I'm guessing you have aftermarket (read stronger) intercoolers so that must factor into the equation.

Lastly, do you know if carrying the gas on the street is legal or not. As far as I know, you can carry ntirous around, and it's legal as long as it is not hooked up.

PS: Good luck.

Old 04-22-2004, 05:57 AM
cjv
Originally posted by Frosty
Chad,

I'm curious how the CO2 spray on the intercoolers is working out. I may take on a project this summer and I'm just curious if you have experienced any cracking issues. I have heard that this is sometimes a problem. Also, I'm guessing you have aftermarket (read stronger) intercoolers so that must factor into the equation.

Lastly, do you know if carrying the gas on the street is legal or not. As far as I know, you can carry ntirous around, and it's legal as long as it is not hooked up.

PS: Good luck.
I have not experienced any problems with the CO2 and the intercoolers. I do not know of anyone who has.

I do not know of any restrictions regarding transporting of twelve and a half pounds of nitrous oxide on a public highway. I understand there is a regulation for bulk or large quantities.

Last edited by cjv; 04-22-2004 at 06:00 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring