Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 06-17-2004, 11:05 AM
jro
jro is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Old 06-17-2004, 11:07 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about your friend Chad
This year has really been a bad one for that type of thing...
I lost FOUR kids from my HS this year....yep thats four 17-18 year olds, as well as 2 other people (not in HS)...very very sad
I wish you and his familly all the best
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 06-17-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:38 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts

true friends are few and far between.
sorry to hear of your loss.

Old 06-17-2004, 10:43 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Chad,

My condolences. I have enjoyed learning from your experiences over the past few years w/KA. I am sorry that it had to end on a sad note.

My prayers are with you and your friend. I'm sure Mike would be proud to know that one of the fastest and most powerful 996 turbos in the world will honor his life and your friendship with him.

Greg A

Old 06-20-2004, 11:50 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
sharkster, PorschePhD, jro, AMG ETR, dpblessing, crash and teflon,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really going to miss Mike. We have been through alot over about 35 years. I just can't really believe I will never see or talk to him again. I look back and realize I took him for granted and never realized that someday soon he would just be gone. I have now reaccessed what is really important and will make time accordingly. Your time with friends and family is the most precious thing you have.

S Car Go Racing will have Killer Angel wrapped up in a few days. I will post some final pics and then close the thread.

Last edited by cjv; 06-20-2004 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:43 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
315/30-18 Michelin Pilot Sport Cups on Fikse 12.5 x 18 FM10's

Last edited by cjv; 06-24-2004 at 04:56 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:15 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
yum

Old 06-24-2004, 08:03 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Chad, i'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine how i would feel if i lost my best friend.

I hope it does not seem insensitive if i bring this somewhat back on topic but why did you decide to go with the wider front tires? Are you concerned at all about any oversteer this may cause? The GT2 uses 235s up front with the 315s in the rear.

-Steve

Old 06-24-2004, 08:18 AM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
I'll take oversteer over understeer any day of the week - except in a fast sweeper hehehe

Old 06-24-2004, 12:10 PM
cjv
Originally posted by offroadr35
Chad, i'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine how i would feel if i lost my best friend.

I hope it does not seem insensitive if i bring this somewhat back on topic but why did you decide to go with the wider front tires? Are you concerned at all about any oversteer this may cause? The GT2 uses 235s up front with the 315s in the rear.

-Steve
offroader35,

Killer Angel is extremely balanced. The reaction time is unbelieveably quick. I started with 9.5" wheels and then went with 10.0" wheels. The performance difference is pronounced. The car responds like it is on rails. I have removed the throttle body shutdown on the PSM. The tires and the suspension goes quite a bit farther before slippage is detected resulting in superior handling.

Last edited by cjv; 06-24-2004 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:51 PM
cjv

Last edited by cjv; 06-25-2004 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Chad.. How will ScarGO pay for the overhead when you 'retire' from there? Also, sorry to hear about your loss. I've had some pretty bad news myself recently also. Keep on livn' pal! Keep doing what you enjoy. Your bud wouldn't want it any other way.

Mike

Old 06-24-2004, 09:06 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Zippy
Chad.. How will ScarGO pay for the overhead when you 'retire' from there? Also, sorry to hear about your loss. I've had some pretty bad news myself recently also. Keep on livn' pal! Keep doing what you enjoy. Your bud wouldn't want it any other way.

Mike
Zippy,

Because of the prototype testing, S Car Go Racing does alot of work on their dime. If you ever attended one of their their Christmas parties you would understand. Over 300 people always attend and it lasts well into the wee hours of the morning. They have a following from around the nation, however mostly the Western US. What mostly surprised me about the parties is the mixture of people from all walks of life that attend.

No, S Car Go won't have to worry of my project coming to an end. Besides, they will be doing all my service work. There is a waiting list to get in and always 12-15 cars being worked on.

By the way, Killer Angel should be ready to be picked up on Friday.

Last edited by cjv; 06-24-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:25 AM
nman413 is infamous around these parts
cjv, so bring it to the track . Thill friday or LS saturday/sunday

Old 06-25-2004, 04:37 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Heya Chad,

Sorry, I forgot to post this last week but whilst we were doing some mods over at Akkurat and the bumper was off, we took out all the 5mph stuff (about 28 pounds) and came up with this solution, which only took 20 minutes:P

They still have the pieces left over if anyone wants to do the same

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring